Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Fear

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

My Fear

As I think about it, I haven't seen a "cheap" hit from either side in their match-ups since the 2002 hit on Chris Walsh that sparked the whole rumble in Lambeau.

For the past 4 games, both teams have played pretty much above board.

Sure, Al Harris still looks like Whoopie Goldberg, and Ahmad Carroll doesn't so much "cover" receivers as he does hump them, and Brett has been known to cut block a wee bit on the dangerous side...but all in all, the games have been fairly clean.

I understand where Los is comming from...it would be a shame if the loser of the game decided to make sure that the other team went no further via cheap shots.

Understand, I despise the Packers (Not the individual players...the team in general) and dearly love to see them lose. But, when they do, I want it to be clean...the same way the Vikes win.

Caine

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

My Fear

I agree, Los, that I hope no one gets hurt with a "cheap shot".

On the other hand, if the game gets out of hand, I could understand the Vikings (or Packers, for that matter) deciding to play "physical" and just punish the opponent without regard to it's effect on the final score. Especially in this day and age, you have to play with "controlled rage" to win a pro football game. When winning is no longer possible and the season's end is at hand, sometimes it is a good thing to turn all that rage loose. Teams/players sometimes find out they are/can be more physical than they thought they could, or that such a play style may actually be effective against certain opponents/players. And it certainly would add more fuel to an already heated rivalry.

Again, I hope no cheap shots are delivered, but I'm all for seeing some clean, hard-hitting football shots with no regard as to whether it might hurt someone.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

My Fear

Actually, I hope Vikes lay down as many HARD hits as possible. Nothing cheap, but I do hope that Offord blows up your recievers couple times.

vking is offline Training Camp

My Fear

"Storm" wrote:
    Actually, I hope Vikes lay down as many HARD hits as possible. Nothing cheap, but I do hope that Offord blows up your recievers couple times.
    Storm, I agree. If the Vikes aren't hitting hard and playing aggressive to the point of near abondon, I'll have lost I'll what little remaining faith I had in the coaches and some players as well.

I truly believe we'll be pleasantly surprised if Linehan for once lets it all fly. No waiting to see how the game unfolds, for once take it to them for 60 minutes.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

My Fear

Los, as usual, you're very insightful (for a Packer fan). My personal opinion is this: I really think the refs are going to let these guys play. They're not going to be calling cheap and questionable penalties. I think any "cheap shots" will be dealt with properly, and they're just gonna let the guys battle it out. I think the refs will be trying their darndest not to influence the outcome. I just know it's gonna be a war!!! And may the best team (Minnesota) win!!!!!!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!! :salute:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: My Fear

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    You may scoff, but what if the Viking do win, but Bwoah Jue decides to lay a late hit on Moss on an uncatchable ball, or Kampman hits Culpepper in his knee semi-intentionally? The indignation and rage from Minnesota would be off the scale.

Good points Los, but c'mon do you really see you boy Jue catching Moss for that late hit, or do you actually see Kampman getting enough pressure to put a hit on Culpepper? And if he does get pressure, can he catch him out of the pocket!! I mean c'mon!! jk

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Good points Los, but c'mon do you really see you boy Jue catching Moss for that late hit, or do you actually see Kampman getting enough pressure to put a hit on Culpepper? And if he does get pressure, can he catch him out of the pocket!! I mean c'mon!! jk

see this is what i mean. from his nickname to his avatar to his lil snippets. he thinks he is so clever. and he is. but that doesnt mean that we cant give him a little razzin on here every once in a while.. esp this week. :salute: :thumbright:
    jj

eelpout72 is offline Starter

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Okay, just a little thought.

I was thinking about the rivalry, and how really the past two games, while hard fought, have been free of the usual extra-curriculars we've seen over the past couple of years. No fights, no real cheap shots to mention. Some of this is, of course, because of the humbling of Hovan, but still...we've grown to expect some stupidity from the other team.

First of all, I know most of you will say GB is the cheap-shot team. I don't necessarily agree, but I can't say it isn't impossible a frustrated Brett Favre or Cletidus Hunt might not take a shot at someone if we're losing in the fourth quarter and your players are perhaps rubbing it in a bit. ......
    hopefully, Favre or Hunt will take a cheap shot at Tice

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

My Fear

We dont need cheap shots...none of that warren sapp crap...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

My Fear

Do you guys think that was a cheap shot Sapp put on whoever the hell that guy for the packers was?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast