Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Fear

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

My Fear

Okay, just a little thought.

I was thinking about the rivalry, and how really the past two games, while hard fought, have been free of the usual extra-curriculars we've seen over the past couple of years. No fights, no real cheap shots to mention. Some of this is, of course, because of the humbling of Hovan, but still...we've grown to expect some stupidity from the other team.

Now, we normally don't get to face off in a playoffs game. It's truly all the marbles, and the loser goes home, enabling our greatest rival to extol in not only beating us, but moving on.

I'm afraid of what may happen if the game gets away from one team or another.

First of all, I know most of you will say GB is the cheap-shot team. I don't necessarily agree, but I can't say it isn't impossible a frustrated Brett Favre or Cletidus Hunt might not take a shot at someone if we're losing in the fourth quarter and your players are perhaps rubbing it in a bit.

More likely, though, to me at least, is that the Vikes are already emotionally hurting after limping into the playoffs, and if the Packers do start putting them away early, that a season's worth of frustration on the part of the Viking players will come out and manifest itself in the form of some cheap shots.

Either way, I would hate to see the winner of the game have to suffer needless injuries because of Donovan Darius-wanna-be plays.

You may scoff, but what if the Viking do win, but Bwoah Jue decides to lay a late hit on Moss on an uncatchable ball, or Kampman hits Culpepper in his knee semi-intentionally? The indignation and rage from Minnesota would be off the scale.

Similarly, so will ours, and since I do think the Vikings are more emotionally whipped, there's a little more danger that comes if the Packers start winning big early. You wouldn't want Pepper injured intentionally, we don't want Favre to suffer the same.

No one deserves that, and its presently my biggest fear in the game. One team will win, but there's no reason for the loser to add some sort of "Oh, yeah, well we took out your quarterback. Nyah Nyah.

After watching Ferguson have to sit out and wonder if he will ever play again, it would be nice to see a clean game, win or lose, because in this game, the winner has the chance to keep going.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

My Fear

As bad of a defense as you guys have, if some way some how pepp got injured, Gus could rip your D in two.

I dont think it will come down to cheap shot, there's to much on the line, hopefully the players are smarter than to get ejected and penalized.

I do wish one thing, i hope we blitz like the redskins, i hope we hit favre every time he drops back, either before he gets rid of the ball or DIRECTLY after he throws it. I want to see him on the ground.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: My Fear

cmon los,
    u dont think that the vikings are the team that will win so you are saying that u hope the vikes dont cheap shot favre. or something like sapp pulled.
    more funny packer tricks and tomfoolery!!!!!
    i am on to you
    kevin williams doesnt need a cheap shot to take over the game!!!!
    vindication starts with a VVVVV. and also looks like skol!!!! go vikes!!!!

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Okay, just a little thought.

I was thinking about the rivalry, and how really the past two games, while hard fought, have been free of the usual extra-curriculars we've seen over the past couple of years. No fights, no real cheap shots to mention. Some of this is, of course, because of the humbling of Hovan, but still...we've grown to expect some stupidity from the other team.

Now, we normally don't get to face off in a playoffs game. It's truly all the marbles, and the loser goes home, enabling our greatest rival to extol in not only beating us, but moving on.

First of all, I know most of you will say GB is the cheap-shot team. I don't necessarily agree, but I can't say it isn't impossible a frustrated Brett Favre or Cletidus Hunt might not take a shot at someone if we're losing in the fourth quarter and your players are perhaps rubbing it in a bit.

More likely, though, to me at least, is that the Vikes are already emotionally hurting after limping into the playoffs, and if the Packers do start putting them away early, that a season's worth of frustration on the part of the Viking players will come out and manifest itself in the form of some cheap shots.

Either way, I would hate to see the winner of the game have to suffer needless injuries because of Donovan Darius-wanna-be plays.

You may scoff, but what if the Viking do win, but Bwoah Jue decides to lay a late hit on Moss on an uncatchable ball, or Kampman hits Culpepper in his knee semi-intentionally? The indignation and rage from Minnesota would be off the scale.

Similarly, so will ours, and since I do think the Vikings are more emotionally whipped, there's a little more danger that comes if the Packers start winning big early. You wouldn't want Pepper injured intentionally, we don't want Favre to suffer the same.

No one deserves that, and its presently my biggest fear in the game. One team will win, but there's no reason for the loser to add some sort of "Oh, yeah, well we took out your quarterback. Nyah Nyah.

After watching Ferguson have to sit out and wonder if he will ever play again, it would be nice to see a clean game, win or lose, because in this game, the winner has the chance to keep going.
    You bring up some good points, but you forgot a few important facts. The Vikings defenders are never anywhere near the recievers..so a Darius hit is out of the question. I could see Davenport being ejected for pooping on the Viking cheerleaders, or Randy squirting a security gaurd on his way out the tunnel. Heck, I can even see Hovan and Harris pulling each others hair... Well at least Hovan's is real.

I think we are in store for an excellent game. :drunken:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

vikefan4ever is offline Training Camp

My Fear

i hope it stays clean. i mean a little talk back and forth doesnt hurt, just as long as it dont turn into a player hurting another player.

i also hope we blitz alot too. i think russel should blitz all the time off the corner. cuz he isnt doin crap back in his position

"vikes can do" wrote:

cmon los,
    u dont think that the vikings are the team that will win so you are saying that u hope the vikes dont cheap shot favre. or something like sapp pulled.
    more funny packer tricks and tomfoolery!!!!!
    i am on to you
    kevin williams doesnt need a cheap shot to take over the game!!!!
    vindication starts with a VVVVV. and also looks like skol!!!! go vikes!!!!
    Actually, I was being serious, and was trying to make sure I was representing both sides on it. We're too bitter of rivals to think it may not happen.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

"hovan" wrote:

You bring up some good points, but you forgot a few important facts. The Vikings defenders are never anywhere near the recievers..so a Darius hit is out of the question. I could see Davenport being ejected for pooping on the Viking cheerleaders, or Randy squirting a security gaurd on his way out the tunnel. Heck, I can even see Hovan and Harris pulling each others hair... Well at least Hovan's is real.

I think we are in store for an excellent game. :drunken:
    Hovan, what's got into you? I was actually laughing out loud reading that...esp. the part about the Viking defenders. I would laugh harder, except the GB defenders don't get any closer.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

My Fear

los i am laughing at your sig.

jackass!!!!

i think that in a post in here you said that you think GB will win. to lazy to dig it up.
    aint foolin me

JJ
    even you need a lil smack this week.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

My Fear

Yeah, Why did you changes your sig hoimes?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

My Fear

Los you are crazy dude!

If it gets out of hand, I think you will see the other team fold like a paper lion.

The Vikes will gather up all the adrenaline they can to win this game.

I would expect that the Packers would be the ones to cheap shot, they are going to be the more frustrated if the lose or get behind too far. They have much more to lose.

But really, I don't think that you have anything to worry about from either team. I think that they actually respect each other. It seems to me that the Lions and the Bears are more of the cheap shot artist than the Pack and the Vikes.

I was thinking the same thing about the Darius comment that Hovan was. I don't think I have seen a lick on a WR all year. Okay, maybe one or two.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast