Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

My email to Sen John Marty

Senator Marty (DFL-Roseville) is the senator leading the charge against public funds for a Vikings stadium.
    I recently sent him the below email asking for clarification on his position with the Vikings.
    I encourage everyone else to do the same, cc'ing your specific representative as well.
    Keep it professional, but make sure your voice is heard.
    His email is [email protected]

Good morning Mr. Marty,

I am writing to you in response to your decision to sponsor
    the move removing the MSFC study from the Senate tax measure yesterday.
    I believe I understand your reasoning for doing so – such a study would provide the Vikings and MSFC an audience to the senate proper without having to go through committee.
    I can live with the removal of the study – but I am concerned about the message it sends to the people of Minnesota as well as the Vikings.
    I was hoping I could clarify your position on the future of the Vikings in Minnesota.

Are you of the opinion that the state should not pay for any portion of the stadium?
    If so, why?
    Both the tangible and intangible benefits of keeping a professional football team in Minnesota should be fairly obvious, as it the fact that the Metrodome does not provide an adequate venue for the Vikings to play in.
    While I respectfully disagree with your view on using public funds, I think we can both agree that without a new stadium, the future of the Vikings in Minnesota is in jeopardy.
    I would think that some kind of effort by the state, even a minimal one, to keep the Vikings in Minnesota would be appropriate.
    Yet you seem to be steadfastly against any public help what so ever.
    Please help me understand why you believe it would be better to lose a business with a $100 million+ annual payroll than use some public funds to keep it in state.

If I am misunderstanding your intent toward the Vikings, I apologize.
    If this is the case, please explain to me your plan for a new stadium in Minnesota.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to your response.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: My email to Sen John Marty

Great stuff NP.
    Keep us informed of his response, if any.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Great stuff NP.
    I will.
    To be honest, I do not expect any kind of response, as I am not a resident of his district (or his state for that matter).
    But I hope to encourage other PP.Oers, some of who are residents of his district, to email him as well.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Great stuff NP.
    I will.
    To be honest, I do not expect any kind of response, as I am not a resident of his district (or his state for that matter).
    But I hope to encourage other PP.Oers, some of who are residents of his district, to email him as well.
    Because I don't live there anymore or pay thier damn taxes (which I kindof enjoy) I won't send him anything, but I am gonna start gearing up for our elected officials to start the push for another team if the Vikes become avail.

One day my friend, we will get one.
    Really thought we were gonna get the "Nationals" a few years back.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Great stuff NP.
    I will.
    Because I don't live there anymore or pay thier gol 'darnit taxes (which I kindof enjoy) I won't send him anything, but I am gonna start gearing up for our elected officials to start the push for another team if the Vikes become avail.

Good point Mar!

The people of MN need to realize there are others like yourself that will pay for a team and will have the enthusiasm to voice their need and want for a team of their own.
    Speak now MN, stop being so complacent.

I find this funny that the three people that are talking about this are from Virginia, North Dakota and Tex-ass.
    Well, I should not leave out AWZ and Singersp as participants, they are living in MN.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Great stuff NP.
    I will.
    Because I don't live there anymore or pay thier gol 'darnit taxes (which I kindof enjoy) I won't send him anything, but I am gonna start gearing up for our elected officials to start the push for another team if the Vikes become avail.

Good point Mar!

The people of MN need to realize there are others like yourself that will pay for a team and will have the enthusiasm to voice their need and want for a team of their own.

I find this funny that the three people that are talking about this are from Virginia, North Dakota and Tex-ass.
    Well, I should not leave out AWZ and Singersp as participants, they are living in MN.
    I just don't see this as big of a crisis as others do.
    It's an election year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Notice, I said the people need to realize, not the legislators.
    The squeaky wheels need to start squeaking or the legislators aren't going to break out the grease.
    What do you think Marty's line is going to be....... "I am doing what the people want?"

They think that the people must not want this to happen or they would be more aggressive towards getting this done.

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Great stuff NP.
    I will.

Good point Mar!

I find this funny that the three people that are talking about this are from Virginia, North Dakota and Tex-jiggly butt.
    I think that alot of the complacency is stemmed from the fact that most believe the only place the Vikes could go would be LA and that is almost a no go for the same reasons the MN government is dragging thier feet.

If they only knew that there are actually other locations that have the elected officials/populace that are dying to get a team of any kind they might start rethinking thier stance.

Could we land an NFL team? I doubt it as we would have to do a pretty big sales pitch to convince the NFL that a team here wouldn't impact the Skins and the Panthers, however, the Ravens don't seem to be causing any harm and they are alot closer.

Gonna be fun to watch if in fact the elected officials and voting public of MN screw the pooch on this one.
    ;D

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

It should be The Honorable.....you screwed up on your etiquette, no credibility for you.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    It should be The Honorable.....you screwed up on your etiquette, no credibility for you.
    Actually his title can properly be Honorable, Senator, or Mr.
    And since I don't consider him very honorable, I chose Mr...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast