Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: My Email To Mr. Powers

My suggestion is to follw up your letter to Powers with a simple statement that 'those who are upset will be the first and most vocal complainers, while those who are content will remain silent'.
    Therefore, whatever survey Powers took in assessing the mood of the Minnesota public that follows the Vikings is bound to biased toward negativity.

To obtain a better grasp of the sentiments of the Vikings fanbase, Powers needs to take an unbiased sampling.
    Listening to whiney callers to sports radio stations or reading fan messageboards during the offseason following a 6-10 season is not such an unbiased sampling.
    That is especially true in the 2nd week of free agency which holds very little promise to land a top tier player due to the dearth of such free agents in 2007, and the significant increase in 2007 cap space which teams can use to lure the few quality players.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Purplexing" wrote:
    My suggestion is to follw up your letter to Powers with a simple statement that 'those who are upset will be the first and most vocal complainers, while those who are content will remain silent'.
    Therefore, whatever survey Powers took in assessing the mood of the Minnesota public that follows the Vikings is bound to biased toward negativity.

To obtain a better grasp of the sentiments of the Vikings fanbase, Powers needs to take an unbiased sampling.
    Listening to whiney callers to sports radio stations or reading fan messageboards during the offseason following a 6-10 season is not such an unbiased sampling.
    That is especially true in the 2nd week of free agency which holds very little promise to land a top tier player due to the dearth of such free agents in 2007, and the significant increase in 2007 cap space which teams can use to lure the few quality players.
    Your probably right on target IF he did take a poll.
    My assesment is he probably didn't.
    His info was probably garnered from this page.
    From what I understad, I haven't been a member that long, is he has done it in the past.

Again, my problem with him is it appears he has an ax to grind and is gonna grind it no matter what the facts are.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Power's axe to grind is his way of attracting the attention of those who are griping, and irritating those who are not griping about the slow offseason.
    Either way, he gets publicity.
    If you don't like his attitude, ignore him and focus on the analytical sportswriters who analyze and categorize the Vikings roster moves that are positive, neutral or negative.

I'm sure there are other teams who have taken a slow motion approach to free agency thus far; e.g. Da Bearrrsss.
    But their fans and sportswriters may not be panicking as much as some Viking fans about free agency ( although their offseason moves concerning their coaches, L.Briggs and T.Jones are aggravating their fans! )
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I'm With ya Purp, its just in my nature to correct that which I percieve is wrong.
    I'll find another soap box to get on next week.
    He is just my target of interest from last week.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123