Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

My Email To Mr. Powers

This guy really has me steamed.
    Below is a email that I sent him.
    Maybe some of you that are a bit more intellectual (that be smarter) than I can join in and bang a few more responses to him to get him off of his soap box and provide some real reporting.

I will let everyone know if he responds.
    If he doesn't I think I will email my fellings to ESPN or NFL network or something like that at see what happens.

Sir,

I would like to dig into your recent article a bit more with you if I could to see if you could enlighten me on some of your assumptions/statements.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...l/16864900.htm

Here in Minnesota, there is a relatively new conspiracy theory, but one that is gathering tremendous momentum. At first, a couple of Vikings fans tossed it out there like a bad joke. Now I hear it every single day from people who are convinced it is true.
    Unquote

My question to you on this statement Sir, that is contained in your article "a couple of Vikings Fans", is two fold ?
    Did you hear this in a local pub?
    What date did you hear it?

Judging by your statement "I hear it every single day" leads me to believe that you heard it some time ago.
    That would also mean to me that you didn't report it the first few times you heard it. How long did you wait to determine that this was an issue worth reporting?
    Pending some sort of credibility for this statement I will only have to assume that you probably saw the post on a local popular web site vice hearing it from someone.

Here is another statement out of your article that has me a bit mistified.

What have you done for this state, other than to take a pretty good football team and turn it into a lousy one — and alienate half the fan base in the process?
    UnQuote

What metric did you use to determine that he has alienated half the fan base?
    Did you take a poll or something?
    Please enlighten me.
    I seriously would like to see the results of that poll or whatever you used.

This type of reporting by the local sportswriters also has as much a negative affect on a fan base as a team that is loosing.
    For instance, here is an article that appears to be a spin off of your article.

http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2007/03...-probably-not/

I am not one to critize without providing some sort of recommendation for what the Vikings organization is attempting to do so I am providing a few links that I have read that I believe show ground truth to the organizations attempt to build a winning team vice an attempt to drive them into mediocrity thus facilitating a move to greener pastures.

This article highlights the benefits of using compensatory picks through the draft vice signing big name Free Agents to build a team. Addionally, the author even goes a bit further and provides real metrics, unlike you, to validate his statements.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=184588

The following article provides the names of the personnel that were drafted by our current front office, highlighting the fact that they will be come the core group to lead the new youth movement as we build towards our team of the future through the draft and some select Free agents.

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_o...hmove3607.html

Because I no longer reside in the great state of Minnesota, having retired from over 20 years of service to my country both in the Minnesota National Guard and United States navy, I rely on local sports writers such as yourself and the national media to give me updates on the progress of my beloved Vikings.

I ask, rather beg you to please provide me with responsible reporting on my beloved Vikings vice articles that appear to be based on a whim to skew public opinion to meet your own gains such as some of the articles from reporters I have provided within.

I await your response.

vr
    Marty
    UNQUOTE
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My Email To Mr. Powers

Nice, glad you took the time to write a letter to him.
    Hope he answers, should be entertaining.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

nice

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

I would like to say I'm a bit more intellectual and could help you with this, but I don't even know what metric is. ;D
    Nice letter, please post his response, if he has the cajones to respond.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Blame Cajun, not Powers.
    He is probably quoting Cajun's thread as the fans tossing this idea around.

LOL

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

good one marrdro.

You should have asked him if he likes to plagiarize from PPO.

You know these guys lurk a bit to get a feel for the fan base.

I really like the last 2 paragraphs of your letter,

Because I no longer reside in the great state of Minnesota, having retired from over 20 years of service to my country both in the Minnesota National Guard and United States navy, I rely on local sports writers such as yourself and the national media to give me updates on the progress of my beloved Vikings.

I ask, rather beg you to please provide me with responsible reporting on my beloved Vikings vice articles that appear to be based on a whim to skew public opinion to meet your own gains such as some of the articles from reporters I have provided within.
    The newspapers should fire all writers and close their doors.
    Other than a formal training in English/Grammar, these writers are no more helpful than us fans.
    They do no investigating anymore.
    They are worthless.
    I think it comes down to laziness.
    It is just too easy to write their opinions or in this case, to go with a "couple of fans" opinions.

They do have more of a responsibility to the readers.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Blame Cajun, not Powers.

LOL
    I'd find it quite hilarious if this made national news and somehow the site and Cajun were mentioned. How ironic.

I do hope Mr. Powers responds. I'm eager to see what he responds with if he does.

I will let everyone know if he responds.
    If he doesn't I think I will email my fellings to ESPN or NFL network or something like that at see what happens.
    You think sending it in to ESPN and the NFL Network would generate any kind of response from those networks?
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Awesome marrdro!
    It would be great if he responded, but I doubt he will.
    If he does, it will be something in the lines of "This is a sports editorial, not a news report."
    :
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Awesome marrdro!
    It would be great if he responded, but I doubt he will.
    If he does, it will be something in the lines of "This is a sports editorial, not a news report."
    :
    I know.
    :'(
    Just depresses me that he can continually write such drivel and get away with it.

Stand up my fellow PPO'rs.
    Serve your team in a way that really counts.
    You dont' know how many your PPO/Viking Fans this guy will tarnish with his jiggly butt poo.
    Get rid of NAYSAYERS such as this guy and help the fan base's morale.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Blame Cajun, not Powers.

LOL
    Well, if he's quoting ME, then the media should give me HIS job!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast