Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: My breakdowns for the KC Game

definatly the way to go... rolling out takes a lot of pressure off of young quarterbacks, the best two examples i can think of would be Cutler and Alex Smith. Both of their offenses have a lot of rollouts and have served them well in their development. We really should be handing the ball of 60-70% of the time. TJack shouldn't need to throw the ball more than 20 times a game.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Well. I agree that escaping pressure would help, but I don't know if TJ is good enough to read defenses, or throw on the run like that. You are comparing him to two QBs that have a lot more talent, and for the record Alex Smith is having a bad year thus far.

However, I am for anything that takes pressure of our young QB, whether that be running the ball, max protect passing, or running the ball more.

Your last sentence is golden.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

TJack has the talent, he's just inexperienced in the big league, with time will come better reads. Our "skill position" players are young. As they blossom so shall TJack. Not even Favre could play good football with young recievers

Maizen is offline Training Camp

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    definatly the way to go... rolling out takes a lot of pressure off of young quarterbacks, the best two examples i can think of would be Cutler and Alex Smith. Both of their offenses have a lot of rollouts and have served them well in their development. We really should be handing the ball of 60-70% of the time. TJack shouldn't need to throw the ball more than 20 times a game.
    Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! I couldn't agree more, what I like as part of the bootleg plays is it can also be used for play-action, it's a perfect formula, like you say for the younger QB's, or even for the Jake Plummer goofs like they had here for years.
    It buys time for the QB that doesn't quite have the timing of the West Coast down and runs off some of the anxiety a young QB will have by tiring them out a little.

()__))_C_R_A_Y_O_L_A__))>
    HTML for Yoopers!

it also frees up a bit of time for recievers to get open, and possibly go deep... for those still stuck in the 98 vortex

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"minnesota" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:
    lets talk stats, how many fumbles have we had from our running backs? how many turnovers has our passing game produced? Childress has shown a dedication to nothing but the pass. He gives up on the running game, our team is built to play a game of hard knocks, we are no longer a finess team

He has no right to give up on the running game. He should give up on the passing game if anything, but when they do pass why aren't they rolling out tjack? They did a couple times, but i was noticing that all the pressure tjack had was from the middle, so roll him out and let him have the option of run/ throw

WHAT? I think the both of you are pulling stuff out of your ass again.

Show me proof other than your deep words of wisdom on how we have abandoned the run my friends.

So far the stats show that we run as much as we pass.
    Additionally, our prime RB (CT) and our prime FB (T-rich) were out last week.

Seems to me that alone would impact our running game just a bit and possilbly cause us to shift from our strength (running) as our strenght (running) was severly degraded with the loss of those two.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "minnesota" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:
    lets talk stats, how many fumbles have we had from our running backs? how many turnovers has our passing game produced? Childress has shown a dedication to nothing but the pass. He gives up on the running game, our team is built to play a game of hard knocks, we are no longer a finess team

He has no right to give up on the running game. He should give up on the passing game if anything, but when they do pass why aren't they rolling out tjack? They did a couple times, but i was noticing that all the pressure tjack had was from the middle, so roll him out and let him have the option of run/ throw

WHAT? I think the both of you are pulling stuff out of your ass again.

Show me proof other than your deep words of wisdom on how we have abandoned the run my friends.

So far the stats show that we run as much as we pass.
    Additionally, our prime RB (CT) and our prime FB (T-rich) were out last week.

Seems to me that alone would impact our running game just a bit and possilbly cause us to shift from our strength (running) as our strenght (running) was severly degraded with the loss of those two.

LOL! No shit. Where do they come up with this stuff?

The only ones abandoning the run are the teams that play against us.

We are currently 6th in rushing defense in yards allowed rushing per game.

9th in number of rushing attempts against us.

Not to mention we've given up 0 rushing TD's & the longest run given up is 17 yards.

[size=13pt]Defense Statistics[/size]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Well, here's to hoping. I just think Childress might try a "power game." I have seen other posts on here where folks claim that chilli "hates" kleinsasser. I think not. kleinsassre would not be on the team if that were so. Does anyone else out there agree? Maybe coach will try a "power" game?
    Childress has never made adjustments to his offensive scheme. I find it hard to believe he will now. I will believe it when I see it. Sometimes, Childress' scheme gets the job done. More often, it does not. The exact opposite is true of the defense, which I also give Childress credit for.

Now, I honestly hope coach does try the power game you talk about. IMO a steadfast committment to the run is exactly what this offense needs. Having Taylor and Richadrson back will help that.
    Most NFL coaches make adjustments at half time.
    They go into the locker room and try to figure out what is and what is not working.
    I have to agree with V.
    Our game plan never changes.
    We don't even make adustments at halftime.
    I think that he is out to prove his offensive scheme will work regardless of the results.
    He must think that it does not work because of poor execution.
    What would be wrong with a play action past on first and 10?
    It works for most teams, and should work for us as teams are playing the run anyway.
    Are you guys kidding?
    Do you honestly believe that they don't make adjustments not only at half time but during the game as well.

I guess they just have those pictures sent down to the sidelines just to see how silly they are looking.

I mean comeon be real here.
    This is a real NFL team with real NFL players and real NFL coaches.
    Damn.
    Of course they are making adjustments.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345