Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: My breakdowns for the KC Game

"V" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Well, here's to hoping. I just think Childress might try a "power game." I have seen other posts on here where folks claim that chilli "hates" kleinsasser. I think not. kleinsassre would not be on the team if that were so. Does anyone else out there agree? Maybe coach will try a "power" game?
    Childress has never made adjustments to his offensive scheme. I find it hard to believe he will now. I will believe it when I see it. Sometimes, Childress' scheme gets the job done. More often, it does not. The exact opposite is true of the defense, which I also give Childress credit for.

Now, I honestly hope coach does try the power game you talk about. IMO a steadfast committment to the run is exactly what this offense needs. Having Taylor and Richadrson back will help that.
    Most NFL coaches make adjustments at half time.
    They go into the locker room and try to figure out what is and what is not working.
    I have to agree with V.
    Our game plan never changes.
    We don't even make adustments at halftime.
    I think that he is out to prove his offensive scheme will work regardless of the results.
    He must think that it does not work because of poor execution.
    What would be wrong with a play action past on first and 10?
    It works for most teams, and should work for us as teams are playing the run anyway.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Well, here's to hoping. I just think Childress might try a "power game." I have seen other posts on here where folks claim that chilli "hates" kleinsasser. I think not. kleinsassre would not be on the team if that were so. Does anyone else out there agree? Maybe coach will try a "power" game?
    Childress has never made adjustments to his offensive scheme. I find it hard to believe he will now. I will believe it when I see it. Sometimes, Childress' scheme gets the job done. More often, it does not. The exact opposite is true of the defense, which I also give Childress credit for.

Now, I honestly hope coach does try the power game you talk about. IMO a steadfast committment to the run is exactly what this offense needs. Having Taylor and Richadrson back will help that.
    Well this is his what, 19th game? I kinda have a feeling he might give his starting q.b. (whomever that may be) a chance to hit a power guy. I have faith in Childress now. I have to. His young q.b. just had a real bad game, and maybe coach has to start a new q.b., (Holcomb). I think he'll go to a power game. What else can he do? ???
    The only reference we have is last year.
    When the OL struggled last year, Did Childress change the scheme? No. He benched Hicks and Johnson.
    When our WR struggled last year, Did Childress change the scheme? No. He benched Williamson and fired Robinson.
    When BJ struggled last year year, Did Childress change the scheme? No. He benched the old man and put in Jackson.

Childress showed last year that he is willing to give up on players before he gives up on his scheme. That is not neccessarily a bad thing, but unless he has changed his ways in the past year (there are some indications that he has) there is no reason to expect anything different this year.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I think that the Chiefs are a lot like us when it comes to offensive identity.
    They have a stud RB and an OK offensive line.
    I think our offensive line is a little overrated on this site.
    They have average receivers w/ a rookie (Bowe) that they are hoping will emerge this season (like us and Rice).
    Their QB has more experience, but I would not rate him any better than TJ or Holcomb.
    However, I believe our defense has the edge, especially in the secondary, and the Vikes come out on top in a close fought 20-16 win.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

our offensive line is actually quite good when it comes to run blocking. Where they lack is in pass blocking, and that tends to be in overload situations. Childress's unrelenting ability to comprehend that he made a mistake is what has been hurting us the last two seasons. He would rather give up on a player than admit his own mistake and make a change to the scheme. If the fire Childress chants are coming and we are looking for a more balanced attack lets bring Denny Green back, he atleast produced 1000 yard rushers. Between 1990 and 2002 Minnesota was the #1 rushing team in the NFL... guess whot the coach was... we have the capability now to run the ball, we simply have a coach that would rather pass. I really hope Cowher decides to come out of retirement next year... and that Minnesota is smart enough to pick up a coach that knows how to run the damn ball. Throughout the history of Minnesota Vikings (excluding 98-02) we were an in your face smash mouth team, and we did fine. Why not go back to what works?

Chiefs_Fan_22 is offline Waterboy

Hey dudes. I m a Kansas City Fan and ill try to give you my opinion on the upcoming game, from KC’s point of view. Basically Kansas City has a good defense close to top 10 and although the offense has been struggling, it has a lot to do with the fact of our game plans for the last couple opponents, and of course the inability for Solari to call a good game ;D. Anyhow it basically comes down to LJ and if he can get over 100 yards. When playing at arrowhead with Larry getting over 100 yards we have a record of something like 15-2 or close to it. Another factor is as u would imagine our offense is built around larry in more ways than one, and we basically live of the play action, which Huard can effectively execute. For u guys to win your going to have shut down LJ
    :, it’s really that simple. The other thing that will have a large influence on this game is it being our home opener, and us basically in a must win situation, the crowd will be loud as ever and if it’s a close game or we have the lead it will be very hard for u guys to get the noise level down again. One final factor is the fact that Jarred Allen, who many regard as our best defensive player is back, and will be very fired up. Our defense has really been playing pretty good and with Jared back it will be much harder for teams to simply double team Tamba Hali which happened a lot in the first two games. Another point you may not realize is the quality of KC’s linebackers. Each three dominated last week and are very effective in playing the cover two, the problem for u guys is the fact that all three are dangerous and basically can do it all. Oh and Nap Harris may also be fired up for playing his former team. Also I m not sure how TJ does against the blitz but if we in fact get a lead, u can be shore that Gunther Cunningham (d coordinator) will bring heavy blitzs which he is know for doing especially against inexperienced QB’s. Remember Ryan Leaf we single handedly ruined his career, well we like to think that.
    8)

Anyhow I think this will be a close game however I think we will come out on top purley for the intangible reasons.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Chiefs_Fan_22" wrote:
    Hey dudes. I m a Kansas City Fan and ill try to give you my opinion on the upcoming game, from KC’s point of view. Basically Kansas City has a good defense close to top 10 and although the offense has been struggling, it has a lot to do with the fact of our game plans for the last couple opponents, and of course the inability for Solari to call a good game ;D. Anyhow it basically comes down to LJ and if he can get over 100 yards. When playing at arrowhead with Larry getting over 100 yards we have a record of something like 15-2 or close to it. Another factor is as u would imagine our offense is built around larry in more ways than one, and we basically live of the play action, which Huard can effectively execute. For u guys to win your going to have shut down LJ
    :, it’s really that simple. The other thing that will have a large influence on this game is it being our home opener, and us basically in a must win situation, the crowd will be loud as ever and if it’s a close game or we have the lead it will be very hard for u guys to get the noise level down again. One final factor is the fact that Jarred Allen, who many regard as our best defensive player is back, and will be very fired up. Our defense has really been playing pretty good and with Jared back it will be much harder for teams to simply double team Tamba Hali which happened a lot in the first two games. Another point you may not realize is the quality of KC’s linebackers. Each three dominated last week and are very effective in playing the cover two, the problem for u guys is the fact that all three are dangerous and basically can do it all. Oh and Nap Harris may also be fired up for playing his former team. Also I m not sure how TJ does against the blitz but if we in fact get a lead, u can be shore that Gunther Cunningham (d coordinator) will bring heavy blitzs which he is know for doing especially against inexperienced QB’s. Remember Ryan Leaf we single handedly ruined his career, well we like to think that.
    8)

Anyhow I think this will be a close game however I think we will come out on top purley for the intangible reasons.
    Thanks for stopping by and giving us your perspective.
    I'm expecting a 'battle of the network stars' kind of game.
    Should be fun.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Chiefs_Fan_22" wrote:
    8)

welcome aboard!

i don't believe there's gonna be any big days for any1 in this game. maybe AP gets 100 yrds, our Williams are not easy to push aside, and we'll see if larry can swing it outside and run, beware though, our D likes to hit, and hit hard. it's gonna be a game of the lines.
    OL vs DL
    and in this i think we are holiding a slight edge.

we'll see on sunday

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I'm sure the grass is 8 inches long at Arrowhead right now, which will slow a WCO down considerably. It's going to come down to who control's the line of scrimmage. I'm pretty confident we can stop the run, and hopefully whomever starts at QB for just has to hand off to AD, or CT.

I see Longwell pulling this out for us with a couple field goals, 20-14.

cmh6476 is offline Training Camp

Not bad.
    Jared Allen didn't play the 1st two games, so getting him back since he is our best defender should give us a boost on D, and the crowd at Arrowhead is going to be loud.

If the Vikings want to win, they need to get out to an early lead.
    the fans are already getting a bit disgruntled, they aren't very patient.
    If the Vikings score first, then the Chiefs get an early 3 and out you'll start to hear some of the boo birds...

The Chiefs can't afford to lose the energy from the crowd...

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"cmh6476" wrote:
    Not bad.
    Jared Allen didn't play the 1st two games, so getting him back since he is our best defender should give us a boost on D, and the crowd at Arrowhead is going to be loud.

If the Vikings want to win, they need to get out to an early lead.
    the fans are already getting a bit disgruntled, they aren't very patient.
    If the Vikings score first, then the Chiefs get an early 3 and out you'll start to hear some of the boo birds...

The Chiefs can't afford to lose the energy from the crowd...
    That is pretty much what I thought too...

And, the way our Oline looked against DET, this Allen could be an issue.
    There will be blitzing...all year long by the look of it.

I think the purple people are right on with the straight ahead, smash mouth gameplan!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast