Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My breakdowns for the Atlanta Game

"lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "A" wrote:
    Nice post. I disagree with the final score of course and am letting you know not to forget that we have Norwood and Pinner on the team. Probably won't happen but I'm sure you guys remember the Detroit game and Pinner's performance against his former team.

As to the guys talking about the spread offense, let me help you out.

Get some notebook paper and a pencil to bring to the game. While Harrington is passing completion after completion take notes on what a QB can do when an O-Line exists.
    I was too busy cheering for the interception returns to take notes.
    I'll have to get the Cliff's Notes.

Good luck to you guys on the rest of the season though.
    It would be a good story if your team could overcome all that Vick stuff and have a decent year.

This is great.
    199 yards and 2 picks.
    Yeah, Harrington really tore it up.
    "Completion after completion"
    23 of 32 is respectable but most of his passes (if not all) were less than 15 yards.

Let's tell Harrington to call a meaningless TO with 1 second left and risk people's injury just so he can try and get a TD.
    I'm glad he was knocked on his ass.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"ejmat" wrote:
    "A" wrote:
    Nice post. I disagree with the final score of course and am letting you know not to forget that we have Norwood and Pinner on the team. Probably won't happen but I'm sure you guys remember the Detroit game and Pinner's performance against his former team.

Get some notebook paper and a pencil to bring to the game. While Harrington is passing completion after completion take notes on what a QB can do when an O-Line exists.

It would be a good story if your team could overcome all that Vick stuff and have a decent year.

This is great.
    199 yards and 2 picks.
    23 of 32 is respectable but most of his passes (if not all) were less than 15 yards.

Let's tell Harrington to call a meaningless TO with 1 second left and risk people's injury just so he can try and get a TD.
    I'm glad he was knocked on his jiggly butt.
    Sacked 7 times... wow.

I knew he was going to be bad, but he was practically wearing Purple and Gold out there.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "A" wrote:

This is great.
    199 yards and 2 picks.

Sacked 7 times... wow.

I knew he was going to be bad, but he was practically wearing Purple and Gold out there.
    I thought it was only 6 sacks??
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "A" wrote:

This is great.
    199 yards and 2 picks.

Sacked 7 times... wow.

I thought it was only 6 sacks??
    You are correct

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=270909016

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Quick question....who are our team captains? Do we have any?

davike is offline Team Alumni

I am late for a breakdown but I thought I would throw my stuff out there.

Positives.

Offensive line: I thought these guys did great. Only one penelty against them the whole day. They gave Tarvaris enough time to get the pass off usually, not one sack all day. There were a few times that Tarvaris avoided it pretty much by himself but other then that they did well in protecting him. They were solid for rush blocking....and did you notice that we were running quite a bit to the right and we were successful!! They had a YPR average of 5.1, thats 5th in the league. If they keep this up we will be able to run on anyone and Tarvaris will have no excuse for making mistakes.

Tarvaris Jackson: His only interception came off a tip, but otherwise he looked confident and comfortable. He had some stuff that I didn't like at all but I will get to that in a bit. He had some great throws.

The pass rush: These guys were great, Robison is a monster, can't wait to see more out of him. We shouldn't have to worry much about our pass D if these guys keep this up.

Sydney Rice: He displayed great ability to get open and he made at least two key blocks that I seen. I hope this guy keeps it up.

Troy Williamson: He didn't drop any!! Do I need to say anymore?

Adrian Peterson: This guy is going to be a stud, enough said.

The game ball going to Udeze: I have mentioned this in other threads so I won't waste my words. This should really help the team bond and I think Udeze finally got some of the love he deserved. This guy is better and has a bigger part of this team then he gets credit for.

Special teams: We are ranked 5th in return yards given up and we were able to give them terrible field position all day. Anyone really worried about these guys?

The fans: Great job making noise!!!

There is to many good things...I could say something good about just about every part of the game.

NEGATIVES

I am only going to mention a couple negatives.

Tarvaris Jackson accuracy: Ok there was no excuse for some of the poor throws he made, there was a couple of throws we could have had big gains if he could have just put it on the mark. There was the one where he overthrew Williamson, but I am not so worried about the deeper throws, he just needs to get the feel of the deep throw and learn where to throw it. But there were some throws he should have made easily for big gains. Hopefully this will not be an issue once he just settles down.

Chad Greenways angles: He made a couple really bad angles right away, they should get to work on that right away. He also blew a couple coverages But on the positive side, other then that he had a great game.

Those are my major issues right now, I will update if I remember anything else

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

davike is offline Team Alumni

Wow I just realized I should have posted this in the post game comments thread....I'm an idiot
    :-[

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789