Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My breakdowns for the Atlanta Game

Great insight NP

Minnesota 20
    Atlanta 17

Marrdro is arrested for streaking on the field at the end of the third quarter

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Disclaimer: I am not a football expert.
    I am a fan.
    Feel free to ridicule and pick apart this post as you see fit...

Minnesota OL vs Atlanta DL
    Edge: Atlanta
    Yes, Atlanta lost Kerney, but picked up Jamaal Anderson.
    Abraham is not the top DE in the business, but doesn't need to be to attack our right side.
    Atlanta will also be bringing in blitzes against TJack to keep him off balance, count on it.
    Our OL needs to have a good game.
    If the Falcons have to bring in blitzes to beat the Vikings' OL, then shouldn't the edge go to the Vikings OL over the Falcons' DL?

Minnesota passing attack against Atlanta Secondary
    Edge: Atlanta
    DeAngelo Hall will be facing Twill and Wade, depending on where he lines up.
    TWill has a speed advantage on Hall, but those under thrown deep passes will be picked if TJack isn't careful. If we are going to be successful passing, we are going to have to use the short game on Sunday.

Minnesota passing attack against Atlanta LBs
    Edge: Minnesota
    This should play into our strengths.
    The Atlanta LB corps isn't bad, but isn't great either.
    If TJack can tighten up his passes a little, we should ba able to complete those 3 and 4 yard passes all day.
    Unfortunately, a 4 yard pass won't do crap for us on 3rd and long, so we need to avoid costly penalties that put us in that position.
    Honestly - these first three should have been combined into one cognizant point concerning the Vikes' passing attack against the Falcons pass defense.

Minnesota running attack against Atlanta rushing defense
    Edge: Minnesota
    Atlanta's nose tackle led the league last year in tackles for a loss, so don't expect us to run it up the middle much.
    But we should be able to run to both sides with out problem.
    The left side should dominate Anderson, and AD can outrun Abraham on the right.
    I honestly expect to see a 100 yard rushing performance out of one of our backs on Sunday, with the second easily breaking 50 mark.
    We need the running game to take pressure off from TJack, and luckily I think this will be a shining point for us.
    I think the Vikes run up and down the field with AD, Chester and Memo all day long and win 24-10.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Great insight NP

Minnesota 20
    Atlanta 17

Courtesy of the Jell-O shooters before the game... ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    You my friend are a true asset to this page.

What a great breakdown.

I really worry about the spread offense that I saw them running this preseason.

Hope our RDE (YUP there is a difference) will get some pressure, no matter who is in there so that Joey will start chucking it up.

If that happens, I believe our D will score once and give us the ball back twice in realatively good field position which results in 2 FG's.
    Our offense will be very boring as they keep the ball on the ground alot, chewing up the clock and dinking and dunking the ball down the field.

We give up a cheap one at the end............. 27-17.
    Vikes.
    Please do not call me a moron but what is a spread offense? Is there a way to defend it? Hopefully Chilly an Co. is studting this or knows a little about it. I did not really see to much of Atlanta in the preseason.

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    If the Falcons have to bring in blitzes to beat the Vikings' OL, then shouldn't the edge go to the Vikings OL over the Falcons' DL?
    Abraham will be able to beat the right side of our OL without Blitzes.
    But I see your point.

"Zeus" wrote:
    Honestly - these first three should have been combined into one cognizant point concerning the Vikes' passing attack against the Falcons pass defense.
    I thought about doing that, but wanted to split them up because I saw different strengths and differences in each.
    I really think the Atlanta secondary has the definitive edge over our WR corps, but we have a slight edge working over the middle of the field.
    In the end, if I had to rate the Minnesota passing attack against the overall Atlanta passing defense, I would have to give the edge to Atlanta.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What a great breakdown.

Hope our RDE (YUP there is a difference) will get some pressure, no matter who is in there so that Joey will start chucking it up.

If that happens, I believe our D will score once and give us the ball back twice in realatively good field position which results in 2 FG's.
    Our offense will be very boring as they keep the ball on the ground alot, chewing up the clock and dinking and dunking the ball down the field.

Vikes.
    Please do not call me a silly guy but what is a spread offense? Is there a way to defend it? Hopefully Chilly an Co. is studting this or knows a little about it. I did not really see to much of Atlanta in the preseason.
    The best way to learn is to ask.
    When I refer to the spread offense, I am referring to a formation where the players are spread out from the ball.
    Usually two WRs lined up on one side, and two WRs or a WR and TE lined up on the other.
    Never more than one back in the back field, and he usually runs a flat route as a check down.
    The advantage to this is there are a lot of targets out there for the QB to key in on.
    The disadvantage is you lose the extra back and TE for blocking, so the QB has less time to throw.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

What a great breakdown.

Vikes.
    Me too, but you know as well as I do that it is hard to run the spread against a blitzing defense.
    The falcons can't afford to get Harrington killed because there is simply nobody behind him if he goes down.
    I don't think they will be running it as much on Sunday.

Didn't the dirty birds run a primarily 4 WR set back in the early 1990's?
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    Great insight NP

Minnesota 20
    Atlanta 17

It would really happen about midway through the 4th quarter and it would be a celebratory streak my friends......

Gotta get my moneys worth.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What a great breakdown.

Vikes.
    Me too, but you know as well as I do that it is hard to run the spread against a blitzing defense.
    The falcons can't afford to get Harrington killed because there is simply nobody behind him if he goes down.
    I don't think they will be running it as much on Sunday.

Didn't the dirty birds run a primarily 4 WR set back in the early 1990's?
    Its impossible to run it against a defense that can put pressure on the QB with the front 4.
    A bit harder to defend against it if you have to bring a delayed blitz or something along that nature from a S or a LB.

Opens the middle up a bit if you have to do that.

I have a memory like a rusted steel trap sometimes.
    Wasn't the offense in the 90's the "Run and Shoot"?
    I think the Falcons ran that.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

What a great breakdown.

Vikes.
    Please do not call me a silly guy but what is a spread offense? Is there a way to defend it? Hopefully Chilly an Co. is studting this or knows a little about it. I did not really see to much of Atlanta in the preseason.
    The best way to learn is to ask.
    When I refer to the spread offense, I am referring to a formation where the players are spread out from the ball.
    Usually two WRs lined up on one side, and two WRs or a WR and TE lined up on the other.
    Never more than one back in the back field, and he usually runs a flat route as a check down.
    The advantage to this is there are a lot of targets out there for the QB to key in on.
    The disadvantage is you lose the extra back and TE for blocking, so the QB has less time to throw.
    Oh, I guess I just refer to this as the shotgun formation or the 4 receiver set. I just never heard it called the spread.
    It must be what the older generation calls it that. Not saying you are old Marrdro, your life is just starting.
    ;D

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast