Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

My Big day Prediction for Favre

The cleveland browns will commit to stopping AD. They ranked 28th in run defense last year, and will put 8 men in the box on Peterson.

So I believe the vikings will use chester taylor and Harvin on slip screens, Go deep on the outside to Lewis, and Berrian, or go deep across the middle to Harvin against the rush that they will be getting.

If Loadholt holds up, and berrian plays at full speed, I predict a 3 touchdown game for favre.

Re: My Big day Prediction for Favre

*Bump*

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"SharperImage" wrote:

*Bump*
    Bumping a thread a little over 30 minutes after posting screams "I need attention!!!!!"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"SharperImage" wrote:
    The cleveland browns will commit to stopping AD. They ranked 28th in run defense last year, and will put 8 men in the box on Peterson.

So I believe the vikings will use chester taylor and Harvin on slip screens, Go deep on the outside to Lewis, and Berrian, or go deep across the middle to Harvin against the rush that they will be getting.

If Loadholt holds up, and berrian plays at full speed, I predict a 3 touchdown game for favre.
    I think you are wrong. 8 men in the box is not enough to stop AD from destroying a defense that was ranked 28th against the run. We will shove the ball down their throats until they bend, then break, then beg for us to stop. Favre will not throw more than 30 passes.

Also, there's no way that Lewis can be seen as a usable weapon at this point, and Berrian's status is a huge ?. Long drives, not deep strikes, will be the key to winning this game. We'll break some big runs in the second half.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

*Bump*
    Bumping a thread a little over 30 minutes after posting screams "I need attention!!!!!"
    Or you created a thread no one cares about......Guess what my vote is.

JK SI.......

I am a bit tired of the whole "Stacked Box" discussion.
    Its as if this is a new scheme, concept designed just to stop AD, when in fact, RB's of lesser quality face it all the time.
    Long story short, the only way to beat a stacked box is to block effectively.

As to LNAD and his ability to beat those stacked boxes, I am still not convinced that him being under center will force D's to quit using that concept.
    Almost every pass we saw out of him this pre-season was short dinks and dunks as prescribed by the scheme (with one deep ball that was so far off target it was almost picked).

If I was
    a D-coord, I would scheme accordingly.
    I would focus on stopping AD and worry about the short stuff by keeping the recievers in front of me so that I could keep the YAC to a minimum.

For the Browns..........

Unless we get behind because of turnovers, I look to see alot of AD Left, AD Right, AD off Center mixed in with alot of slants to Percy short, skinny posts by El Syd and Shanc down the middle.

Probably a 15-20 or so for 200 yds.
    No TD's and 1 INT.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"V" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

I think you are wrong. 8 men in the box is not enough to stop AD from destroying a defense that was ranked 28th against the run. We will shove the ball down their throats until they bend, then break, then beg for us to stop. Favre will not throw more than 30 passes.

Also, there's no way that Lewis can be seen as a usable weapon at this point, and Berrian's status is a huge ?. Long drives, not deep strikes, will be the key to winning this game. We'll break some big runs in the second half.
    Browns defenders will see alot of#28's backside.

It got buried so fast thats why I bumped it.

I was tweeting with Berrian, he didn't give me a lot of info seeing as he cant, but the way he made it seem, its a toss up if he plays.

The way I see it...Berrian isnt really needed for this game, so if he isnt ready to go, let him sit another week. We can just shove some peterson in their throats, and go up top when they blitz. that should be the gameplan. But like people say, this isnt a gimme game, so we need to be cautious and respect the browns and destroy them like they are the Pats, Bears, pack, colts, ETC..

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"SharperImage" wrote:

I was tweeting with Berrian, he didn't give me a lot of info seeing as he cant, but the way he made it seem, its a toss up if he plays.

The way I see it...Berrian isnt really needed for this game, so if he isnt ready to go, let him sit another week. We can just shove some peterson in their throats, and go up top when they blitz. that should be the gameplan. But like people say, this isnt a gimme game, so we need to be cautious and respect the browns and destroy them like they are the Pats, Bears, pack, colts, ETC..
    Flip-Flop

First you say we will go deep to Berrian. Now you say we don't need him.
    First you say the Browns will commit to stopping the run, so Favre will have a big game. Now you say we can just shove Peterson down their throats.
    First you say Berrian isn't really needed. Now you say this isn't a gimme.

Flip-Flop
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

Flip-Flop

First you say we will go deep to Berrian. Now you say we don't need him.
    First you say the Browns will commit to stopping the run, so Favre will have a big game. Now you say we can just shove Peterson down their throats.
    First you say Berrian isn't really needed. Now you say this isn't a gimme.

Flip-Flop
    I hold my right to change my mind. *brett favre*

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

The only prediction you need to know:

Ahem....[size=10pt]the Browns flat-out blow ass![/size]

We win!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast