Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148

    My attempt at stats and football?

    I would like to just put out some numbers. Here is just a little slice of stats i was able to sit still for and take in: Larry Fitzgerals's 2006 season looks an awful lot like Bernards 2007 year. 91 catches for 946 yards with 6 touchdowns. BB's 2007 campaign looked like this: 71 catches 951 yards and 5 touchdowns. Pretty close. Not comparing skill per-say, Fitzgerald is a #1 guy. No doubt. BB 's numbers go from 15 catches and 225 yards in '04 to 71 and 951 in '07. Touchdowns are around something like 3.2 a year over his career. Not super, but with steady improvement. Workman -like. And he has advanced with a somewhat questionable qb situation. Now can you take those slow but steady work-man like numbers and project a break-out on to them? BB obviously does not have the skill set like Fitz whose numbers have been up there right out the gate. But does the pairing with Taylor and AD add that something extra, a catalyst, to ignite BB's numbers? Olson-10 and I had a discussion about why I think the team will perform a certain way. Here are just some simple stats I was able to get to show something. Not much, but something. BB was able to put up respectable numbers last year with the questionable situation at passer in Chicago. The same as Fitz did in Arizona in '06. As I said, Fitz is the better athelete, I think we can all agree on that, But the two seasons are comparable. Probably not very good research, just something that in doing, actually helped me think about the upcoming season with something concrete in mind.
    Tuco the world.....

  2. #2
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My attempt at stats and football?

    I'm not shure if Berrian would look better playing for the Vikes than the Bears cause we do also have what you called "a somewhat questionable qb situation".
    However, Berrian is a deep threat (he's WAY faster the Fitzgerald by the way) and T-Jax is pretty good at throwing deep balls. I saw that many times with Troy Williamson last season.
    The good thing is that Berrian is like Williamson, but with hands
    ;D

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: My attempt at stats and football?

    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    ....Larry Fitzgerals's 2006 season looks an awful lot like Bernards 2007 year. 91 catches for 946 yards with 6 touchdowns. BB's 2007 campaign looked like this: 71 catches 951 yards and 5 touchdowns. Pretty close.....
    Except for the fact that in 2006, Fitzgerald only played in 13 games as compared to Berrian who played in 16 games.

    In 2005 & in 2007 where fitz played 16 games, he scored 10 TD's each season. 6 TD's happens to be Berrians career season high.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: My attempt at stats and football?

    "HEY" wrote:
    I'm not shure if Berrian would look better playing for the Vikes than the Bears cause we do also have what you called "a somewhat questionable qb situation".
    However, Berrian is a deep threat (he's WAY faster the Fitzgerald by the way) and T-Jax is pretty good at throwing deep balls. I saw that many times with Troy Williamson last season.
    The good thing is that Berrian is like Williamson, but with hands
    ;D
    Yes he is, but many here doubt that or refuse to believe it. I laugh when I read some of their comments. They complain about T-Jacks accuracy in one thread & also complain about T-Will dropping balls in another.

    They never put two & two together. If the balls T-Jack threw were not accurate, T-Will would not drop balls because they would either have been over thrown, under thrown or completely off the mark.

    By their own testament that T-Will repeatedly dropped balls that hit him on the money, T-Jack is indeed very capable of throwing the deep ball accurately.

    They can't deny it & they can't have it both ways.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: My attempt at stats and football?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I'm not shure if Berrian would look better playing for the Vikes than the Bears cause we do also have what you called "a somewhat questionable qb situation".
    However, Berrian is a deep threat (he's WAY faster the Fitzgerald by the way) and T-Jax is pretty good at throwing deep balls. I saw that many times with Troy Williamson last season.
    The good thing is that Berrian is like Williamson, but with hands
    ;D
    Yes he is, but many here doubt that or refuse to believe it. I laugh when I read some of their comments. They complain about T-Jacks accuracy in one thread & also complain about T-Will dropping balls in another.

    They never put two & two together. If the balls T-Jack threw were not accurate, T-Will would not drop balls because they would either have been over thrown, under thrown or completely off the mark.
    By their own testament that T-Will repeatedly dropped balls that hit him on the money, T-Jack is indeed very capable of throwing the deep ball accurately.

    They can't deny it & they can't have it both ways.
    Not sure were you said it first but I liked it the first thread I read it in.

    Funny, no one responded to it in that thread as well.

    Excellent point.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: My attempt at stats and football?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I'm not shure if Berrian would look better playing for the Vikes than the Bears cause we do also have what you called "a somewhat questionable qb situation".
    However, Berrian is a deep threat (he's WAY faster the Fitzgerald by the way) and T-Jax is pretty good at throwing deep balls. I saw that many times with Troy Williamson last season.
    The good thing is that Berrian is like Williamson, but with hands
    ;D
    Yes he is, but many here doubt that or refuse to believe it. I laugh when I read some of their comments. They complain about T-Jacks accuracy in one thread & also complain about T-Will dropping balls in another.

    They never put two & two together. If the balls T-Jack threw were not accurate, T-Will would not drop balls because they would either have been over thrown, under thrown or completely off the mark.
    By their own testament that T-Will repeatedly dropped balls that hit him on the money, T-Jack is indeed very capable of throwing the deep ball accurately.

    They can't deny it & they can't have it both ways.
    Not sure were you said it first but I liked it the first thread I read it in.

    Funny, no one responded to it in that thread as well.

    Excellent point.

    ;D
    TJ is pretty darn inaccurate in his sideline passes at times. And Berrian does drop some passes.
    But even though we may not live in a perfect world next season, I believe it should be much better.
    I still see it taking another year or two to build the team that is a real contender.But believe we are on our way.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #7
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: My attempt at stats and football?

    BB > TW; we all agree.
    Great upgrade.

    If he progresses or even has another year like last year, I will be happy with BB; we haven't had those numbers in a while.
    But I would like to see him crack 1000 yards to end that streak.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: My attempt at stats and football?

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I'm not shure if Berrian would look better playing for the Vikes than the Bears cause we do also have what you called "a somewhat questionable qb situation".
    However, Berrian is a deep threat (he's WAY faster the Fitzgerald by the way) and T-Jax is pretty good at throwing deep balls. I saw that many times with Troy Williamson last season.
    The good thing is that Berrian is like Williamson, but with hands
    ;D
    Yes he is, but many here doubt that or refuse to believe it. I laugh when I read some of their comments. They complain about T-Jacks accuracy in one thread & also complain about T-Will dropping balls in another.

    They never put two & two together. If the balls T-Jack threw were not accurate, T-Will would not drop balls because they would either have been over thrown, under thrown or completely off the mark.
    By their own testament that T-Will repeatedly dropped balls that hit him on the money, T-Jack is indeed very capable of throwing the deep ball accurately.

    They can't deny it & they can't have it both ways.
    Not sure were you said it first but I liked it the first thread I read it in.

    Funny, no one responded to it in that thread as well.

    Excellent point.

    ;D
    TJ is pretty darn inaccurate in his sideline passes at times. And Berrian does drop some passes.
    But even though we may not live in a perfect world next season, I believe it should be much better.
    I still see it taking another year or two to build the team that is a real contender.But believe we are on our way.
    Two very good points.

    I think that we will see alot of TJ's throws get a bit more accurate this year if for no other reason I believe the OL will give him more time to throw were he can really focus on making the right reads quickly and step into his throws more.

    As to BB.
    I am hoping (assuming) that alot of his droppsies had alot to do with the QB throwing the ball and that he drew alot of double coverages.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: My attempt at stats and football?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    I'm not shure if Berrian would look better playing for the Vikes than the Bears cause we do also have what you called "a somewhat questionable qb situation".
    However, Berrian is a deep threat (he's WAY faster the Fitzgerald by the way) and T-Jax is pretty good at throwing deep balls. I saw that many times with Troy Williamson last season.
    The good thing is that Berrian is like Williamson, but with hands
    ;D
    Yes he is, but many here doubt that or refuse to believe it. I laugh when I read some of their comments. They complain about T-Jacks accuracy in one thread & also complain about T-Will dropping balls in another.

    They never put two & two together. If the balls T-Jack threw were not accurate, T-Will would not drop balls because they would either have been over thrown, under thrown or completely off the mark.
    By their own testament that T-Will repeatedly dropped balls that hit him on the money, T-Jack is indeed very capable of throwing the deep ball accurately.

    They can't deny it & they can't have it both ways.
    Not sure were you said it first but I liked it the first thread I read it in.

    Funny, no one responded to it in that thread as well.

    Excellent point.
    ;D
    TJ is pretty darn inaccurate in his sideline passes at times. And Berrian does drop some passes.
    But even though we may not live in a perfect world next season, I believe it should be much better.
    I still see it taking another year or two to build the team that is a real contender.But believe we are on our way.
    Two very good points.

    I think that we will see alot of TJ's throws get a bit more accurate this year if for no other reason I believe the OL will give him more time to throw were he can really focus on making the right reads quickly and step into his throws more.

    As to BB.
    I am hoping (assuming) that alot of his droppsies had alot to do with the QB throwing the ball and that he drew alot of double coverages.
    The belief that Berrian drops passes is a myth.
    He isn't even in the top 15 for passes dropped last year.
    http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html

    BB dropped passes at a rate of just over 3%.

    http://jsonline.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=6837&team=3

    I don't think that 4 drops in 128 passes is enough to be considered the droppsies.

    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #10
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: My attempt at stats and football?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=HEY link=topic=43104.msg737863#msg737863 date=1205220418]
    I'm not shure if Berrian would look better playing for the Vikes than the Bears cause we do also have what you called "a somewhat questionable qb situation".
    However, Berrian is a deep threat (he's WAY faster the Fitzgerald by the way) and T-Jax is pretty good at throwing deep balls. I saw that many times with Troy Williamson last season.
    The good thing is that Berrian is like Williamson, but with hands
    ;D
    Yes he is, but many here doubt that or refuse to believe it. I laugh when I read some of their comments. They complain about T-Jacks accuracy in one thread & also complain about T-Will dropping balls in another.

    They never put two & two together. If the balls T-Jack threw were not accurate, T-Will would not drop balls because they would either have been over thrown, under thrown or completely off the mark.
    By their own testament that T-Will repeatedly dropped balls that hit him on the money, T-Jack is indeed very capable of throwing the deep ball accurately.

    They can't deny it & they can't have it both ways.
    Not sure were you said it first but I liked it the first thread I read it in.

    Funny, no one responded to it in that thread as well.

    Excellent point.

    ;D
    TJ is pretty darn inaccurate in his sideline passes at times. And Berrian does drop some passes.
    But even though we may not live in a perfect world next season, I believe it should be much better.
    I still see it taking another year or two to build the team that is a real contender.But believe we are on our way.
    Two very good points.

    I think that we will see alot of TJ's throws get a bit more accurate this year if for no other reason I believe the OL will give him more time to throw were he can really focus on making the right reads quickly and step into his throws more.

    As to BB.
    I am hoping (assuming) that alot of his droppsies had alot to do with the QB throwing the ball and that he drew alot of double coverages.
    The belief that Berrian drops passes is a myth.
    He isn't even in the top 15 for passes dropped last year.
    http://sports.iwon.com/nfl/stats/league/passesdropped.html

    BB dropped passes at a rate of just over 3%.

    http://jsonline.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=6837&team=3

    I don't think that 4 drops in 128 passes is enough to be considered the droppsies.


    [/quote]
    I think that alot of the "Drops" aren't counted in that DB because they (the creaters of the DB) felt that a ball that most fans think should be catchable wasn't.
    If that makes sense.

    Truth be told, he (BB) admitted he dropped alot of balls last year when he was interviewed on the Satty radio station "Moving the Chains" and that he believes he should take some of the "Bad" credit for Wrecky's problems last year.

    Again, I can't tell but I think that it is a pretty good assumption that some of his drops were counted in that DB mostly to the fact that I aluded to (defenders hanging off of him).

    Again, I hope that made sense.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My first attempt at sig making
    By Mr Anderson in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 04:57 PM
  2. My first space scene, second attempt at a desktop
    By Lotza in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 07:13 PM
  3. My first sig makeing attempt
    By iPURPLE in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 09:19 PM
  4. First sig attempt...
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 10:46 PM
  5. First attempt at a sig picture...
    By shockzilla in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 08:15 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •