Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

My 2 cents... (worth a nickel around here)

I think that there is more pressure on GB. They are at home, beat us twice, supposedly can't lose in cold weather. We have lost our last two, been beaten by the pack twice and nobody is giving us a chance. That my friend is the storyline for an upset!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mrdrae is offline Rookie

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I think that there is more pressure on GB. They are at home, beat us twice, supposedly can't lose in cold weather. We have lost our last two, been beaten by the pack twice and nobody is giving us a chance. That my friend is the storyline for an upset!
    Hey I respect your opinion, but truthfully would you rather go into the playoffs playing well or playing like you don't know what the hell is going on? Losing 2 must win games in a row does not boost the confidence of any team. To save face the players and coaches must say it does not matter how you get into the playoffs but that your in, but in the back of their minds they must be wondering if they really belong in the playoffs. Duante already has the stigma of not playing well in the big game. He reminds me of Karl Malone, great player but can't win the big one. The pressure is definatly on the Vikings, however the Packers cannot and will not take the two previous wins for granted. :salute:
    What do the MINNESOTA VIKINGS and possums have in common?

Both play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Del Rio Guest

What exactly was must win about those two games?

Where would we have been? Where are we now?

I don't know about MUST win, but seems to me the outcome is the same. Now this week would be a true must win. Must in a sense that in order to advance you must win.

But seriously.

mrdrae is offline Rookie

"Del Rio" wrote:

I don't know about MUST win, but seems to me the outcome is the same. Now this week would be a true must win. Must in a sense that in order to advance you must win.

But seriously.

Yea I admit that hindsight is 20/20 and with all the information available now, those were not must win games. However, at game time when the future is unpredictable they were must win games to win the division or secure a position in the playoffs. The Vikings collapsed under the pressure. Its just that simple.

Now with all the information available about the vikings playing under pressure, why should they win? Because everyone thinks that they will lose? Gimme a break. The only way the vikings will win is if they defeat the internal spirits that cause them to fail every year. The Packers are worried about playing a good game. The vikings are worried about not beating themselves.

Del Rio Guest

"mrdrae" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

But seriously.

Yea I admit that hindsight is 20/20 and with all the information available now, those were not must win games. However, at game time when the future is unpredictable they were must win games to win the division or secure a position in the playoffs. The Vikings collapsed under the pressure. Its just that simple.

Now with all the information available about the vikings playing under pressure, why should they win? Because everyone thinks that they will lose? Gimme a break. The only way the vikings will win is if they defeat the internal spirits that cause them to fail every year. The Packers are worried about playing a good game. The vikings are worried about not beating themselves.
    It's not that simple because there was always a chance to make the playoffs even if they didn't win. So it wasn't a must win

It's not anything worth arguing about it's a moot point I guess considering come Monday someone is going to be crying in their pillows.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"mrdrae" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Hey I respect your opinion, but truthfully would you rather go into the playoffs playing well or playing like you don't know what the hell is going on? Losing 2 must win games in a row does not boost the confidence of any team. To save face the players and coaches must say it does not matter how you get into the playoffs but that your in, but in the back of their minds they must be wondering if they really belong in the playoffs. Duante already has the stigma of not playing well in the big game. He reminds me of Karl Malone, great player but can't win the big one. The pressure is definatly on the Vikings, however the Packers cannot and will not take the two previous wins for granted. :salute:
    The Vikes have nothing to lose.

No one around the league thinks they will win. That is dangerous.

The difference now, is that up until Sunay about 3:15pm CST for the last 3 years, people expected the Vikes to win. They don't now.

Dangerous!!!!!!

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"mrdrae" wrote:
    I did not want to play the vikings either, but on second thought what better team to play given that we played them twice and basiclly know what they can and cannot do on the field. ?
    [size=7px][/size]

Well the couldn't get a fair call on the fumble in game one and the
    only got three time outs in the first half while you beloved pukes
    got four. No way you win three so because of a little luck and
    extremely poor officiating y'all got away with a couple. So wheb
    it comes right down to it you don't know spit.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

mrdrae is offline Rookie

"purplehorn" wrote:
    "mrdrae" wrote:
    I did not want to play the vikings either, but on second thought what better team to play given that we played them twice and basiclly know what they can and cannot do on the field. ?
    [size=7px][/size]

Blame anyone else but the vikings huh? There were questionable calls on both sides of the ball.

I'm sorry if I offended you enough to spit out personal objections. I was just expressing my opinion. Here are five of many reasons why the vikings are the perfect team to play in the first game of the playoffs in my opinion.

1. The vikigns lack confidence.
    2. The current team has never won a game with any positive ramifications attached to it.
    3. Its clear from randy's actions, that the MVP of the team is not one with the team and is not playing up to his potential.
    4. The leader of the vikings (Tice) says stupid things that demotivate his team. paraphrased { I'm the president of the fanclub of whatever team that wins to put us in the playoffs} He should be concerned about his own team winning.
    5. Out of the last 5 games ,in my opinion, the vikings have no heart. (reflection of the coach). The one game they won against the lions was given to them on a silver plater. Go earn your wins.

Disclaimer
    Please remember these are just my opinions. I may or may not know spit but this is how I perceive the vikings team in its current state.

Del Rio Guest

"mrdrae" wrote:
    "purplehorn" wrote:
    "mrdrae" wrote:
    [size=7px][/size]

Blame anyone else but the vikings huh? There were questionable calls on both sides of the ball.

I'm sorry if I offended you enough to spit out personal objections. I was just expressing my opinion. Here are five of many reasons why the vikings are the perfect team to play in the first game of the playoffs in my opinion.

1. The vikigns lack confidence.
    2. The current team has never won a game with any positive ramifications attached to it.
    3. Its clear from randy's actions, that the MVP of the team is not one with the team and is not playing up to his potential.
    4. The leader of the vikings (Tice) says stupid things that demotivate his team. paraphrased { I'm the president of the fanclub of whatever team that wins to put us in the playoffs} He should be concerned about his own team winning.
    5. Out of the last 5 games ,in my opinion, the vikings have no heart. (reflection of the coach). The one game they won against the lions was given to them on a silver plater. Go earn your wins.

Disclaimer
    Please remember these are just my opinions. I may or may not know spit but this is how I perceive the vikings team in its current state.
    1. You have no clue you aren't on the team
    2.You have no clue you aren't on the team
    3. You have no clue you aren't Randy Moss
    4. :roll:
    5.Funny how they screw up an extra point that would have tied a game that we had no problem scoring in and we were handed a victory. It is called OT the game would not have ended.

Oh and they have been in every single game up until the end with the exception of a few. That shows some heart in my book.

Disclaimer: I am not on the team I have no clue

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

God it must suck to be a Vikings fan right now...

talk about crab asses....
    3 Straight Division Champs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast