Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2 Cents...

JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

My 2 Cents...

Regardless of what the Packers and Vikings fans say about this game, its going to be a 1 possession game. Both teams are coming off tough games as well as a tough few games. It is also a short week so there won't be any advantage of rest for either team. This isn't a prediction because a prediction would be worthless at this point, I believe the Pack will emerge as victorious and the Vikes fans believe they will be victorious. This is my assessment of how I believe each team can win...

First off, If the Vikings do this, there is absolutely no way the Packers will win. The Vikes must run the ball and run the ball effectively. You guys need to switch Bennett and Smith and run these guys for 12-14 carries a piece. If you look at how the Pack have been beaten, its been by teams that run the ball and gain 150-200 yards on the ground. This is with the exception of the Indy game of course. If the Vikes run the ball 25+ times with a 4 ypc average, you guys will be able to do a lot more with our defense. No, our defense is average at best, but if you guys are able to set up play-action and get more one on one with your receivers, Culpepper will have an even easier day. Not that Daunte isn't already going to light up our defense, but it will be much easier for him to throw to his big receivers if you guys run the ball more. You guys abandon the run too quickly and if you keep to it against the Pack, your offense will be running on all cylinders, not just the arm of Culpepper. If you guys run the ball effectively, it will cause Sherman to want to do too much at one time, that means throwing the ball 40+ times which isn't good for us. Favre will make erratic throws and try to do too much. Our offense will get thrown off track and the Vikes will be able to take full control of that.

For the Pack, its simple again. We must run the ball as well. When Green runs for 100 yards, the Pack are very good. We must control the clock against your very potent offense and attack your very porous run defense. That will open it up for Driver and Walker. Im not concerned with the play of your linebackers simply because it is very poor. The Pack will be able to run sweeps and off tackle plays very effectively and if they continue to run the ball effectively, it will be tough for the Vikes to make use of every opportunity they have.

Well, this is my 2 cents and you guys can take it for what its worth.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

2fat4uVike is offline Rookie

My 2 Cents...

That about sums it up Jwalk, very good analogy. This is going to boil down to which team makes the fewest mistakes, these teams matchup pretty damn close. Vikings offense is a tad better then GB's, and GB's defense is a tad better then our putrid D.

Good luck to ya, and hope nobody gets hurt from either side. I feel like a little kid again waiting for this Christmas Eve. :lol:
    088676aa021b660e4a867e020ba397cf

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

My 2 Cents...

Yes, exactly. I think we really need to keep KGB off of C-pep so we do not get any pressured passes!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

My 2 Cents...

Sorry, I have to disagree. The Pack D backs are ripe for the picking, if we can move the ball through the air and put up a lead of 21 points. Then we force Farve to pass, he will put up some ducks that we can pickoff.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

My 2 Cents...

We gotta get off to a fast start, packers dont play well from behind. Favre will panic in the dome causing him to do to much, which includes winging INT's. But running the ball is a good idea.

As far as running sweeps it hasnt worked for any other team, its hard to run sweep to Winfields or B Will's side of the field because they are both good in run suport, your best bet is to run up the middle, if EJ shows up you are in trouble. Claborne, EJ, and Newman are all playing better at this point in the season. Kevin Williams and Spencer Johnson are also playing decent run defense. I dont think its gonna be easy for you guys to run on us. Maybe your best bet is to just wing it till we stop it.

I look for Kevin Williams to have a good game cause he will proabaly be matched up at times with your rookie center, when we blitz an extra man.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

My 2 Cents...

The guy who will throw the Pack D off by running will be C-Pep. A few bootlegs and QB draws will open up both the passing and running game because the LB's will have to stay at home to cover the QB keeper.

my 2c

WWBGD

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

My 2 Cents...

True it pepp starts to run wild picking up third downs and what not its just gonna put that much pressure on the packers defense to stop him and the WRing crew.

Del Rio Guest

My 2 Cents...

I personally don't want Favre to start winging anything at our d-backs lol
    We make Bears QB's look like gods what are you gonna do with a HOF QB. This will be a posession game. It will require us to convert a lot of 3rd downs.

Who ever converts on 3rd down and wins the special teams battles wins the game.

Trust me we do not want the pack feeling like they HAVE to pass because with our secondary situation that can't bode too well.

My 2 Cents...

Our rush D played better last week against the hottest back in the NFL, so they need to carry that over to this week. With Winfield playing again, we wont have Ross in there to get smoked every play and commit stupid penalties. We just need to limit the run, send a decent amount of blitz packages and hope that our DBs can play one on one well. Whoever gets ball first will have a major advantage also.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

parsongeorge is offline Starter

My 2 Cents...

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Our rush D played better last week against the hottest back in the NFL, so they need to carry that over to this week. With Winfield playing again, we wont have Ross in there to get smoked every play and commit stupid penalties. We just need to limit the run, send a decent amount of blitz packages and hope that our DBs can play one on one well. Whoever gets ball first will have a major advantage also.
    God.......if we only had some decent blitz packages :rr:
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast