Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mwelde Moore

Justin311 is offline Rookie

Mwelde Moore

Saw this article about super sophs in the NFL and it profiles Moore

here's the link

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Columns/2005/reynolds080105.htm

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Mwelde Moore

I like the way the Vikings are handling this. Bennett has proven that when he stays healthy, he is a great back. Mewelde showed flashes against poor defenses. Moore hasn't proven as much as Bennett and should have to work for the starter spot. I like Bennett, but if he can't cut it, or gets hurt, Mewelde will be right there and I will be excited to see what he can do against different defenses.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

I have argued this many times, I want Moore to start. I wan't our RB coach to work his a$$ on blocking skills.

Great read. He has the skills to be our feature back.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Bdubya" wrote:
    I like the way the Vikings are handling this. Bennett has proven that when he stays healthy, he is a great back. Mewelde showed flashes against poor defenses. Moore hasn't proven as much as Bennett and should have to work for the starter spot. I like Bennett, but if he can't cut it, or gets hurt, Mewelde will be right there and I will be excited to see what he can do against different defenses.
    I definately agree...the job is Bennett's to lose.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Bdubya" wrote:
    Yeah, Bennett has proven that he can run sweeps to the weak side when persons bring safeties down into the box on the strong side to cover Randy Moss.

Who is now gone.

So he's proven...well, nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

I like that Bennett has made the screen play a big threat. I love the screen play, and still remember the glory days of Robert Smith cruising to TD's behind a wall of linemen.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

bennetts screen against the pack looked sweet last year. he broke like two tackles. that is the bennett i miss. he scored two td's in the game i think.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    Yeah, Bennett has proven that he can run sweeps to the weak side when persons bring safeties down into the box on the strong side to cover Randy Moss.

Who is now gone.

So he's proven...well, nothing.

Yeah. People like to say mewelde is unproven because he had his 3 great games against not so great defenses. But I ask those people to name any 3 game stretch where bennett did what MM did as a starter. I know bennett has faced some crappy D's in his time as well, and yet didn't do what MM did in his 3 starts. To me MM is proven until he shows he can't do it against better D's.

When I watched MM run last year, he wasn't running in big holes created by our O-liine. I saw so many times where there looked to be no hole at all for MM and he found a tiny crack or seam and slipped through for a 10+ yard gain. That is something good RB's do and shows he can do good against better D's, when they plug up the holes better. Bennett likes to dance around too much when there isn't an obvious hole there, and that gets him nowhere.

I think MM should be the starter and we should use bennett as a change of pace back off the bench, much like the oakland raiders used napolean kaufman, back in the day. Bring him in and run some screen passes and some power sweeps, and a few other things. Let MM do the inside running and get the majority of the carries. Bennett has that big play ability, but can't use it if he is not in uniform. If we overuse him, he will get hurt again and we will again lose those big plays. If we use him less, he will stay healthier and we will have that big play potential in all 16+ games for a change.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I would say Bennett is fairly unproven as well. Sure he had a good season 3 years ago, but has done very little throughout the rest of his career. I think Bennett should be considered the front runner, but if he falters I see nothing wrong with giving it to Mewelde.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

muchluv do your fingers ever cramp up from typing so much. mine would be dead if i typed like you. you have a mouthfull to say and your the best person on this site to make those long post.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast