Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

The Mwelde Bandwagon

If you all remember I was called an Idiot for saying that MM was the future back of Minnesota at the beginning of the season. I said he looks like Preist Holmes and how about that now everyone agrees.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Del Rio Guest

The Mwelde Bandwagon

I still like O.Smith.

Personally I think a lot of our RB success has to do with a great OL. Not taking anything away from MM, but 3 games isn't long enough to make these kind of assumptions. Almost every back we have had has been successful lately.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

The Mwelde Bandwagon

Smith had 3 games.moore 3 games

Smith 42 carries 198 yds no 100 yds rushing games
    moore 56 carries 347 yds 2 100 yds games

smith 15 rec 223 yds one the 63yd TD 5 a game
    Moore 26 rec 212 yds almost 9 a game

Smith played well but not like Moore has
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: The Mwelde Bandwagon

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    If you all remember I was called an Idiot for saying that MM was the future back of Minnesota at the beginning of the season. I said he looks like Preist Holmes and how about that now everyone agrees.
    hey I liked this kid at Tulane....but I would really LOVE to have instead of a 1-2 punch a 1-2-3-4 punch. Can you imagine that? Bennett and Smith in the bacckfield, then Moore and Williams, then change the combos up? any DC would be sick tryin to scheme against that?! Oh yeah it's good to be back :rr: been a little :drunken: for a while
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well MM has certainly given the Vikes a problem with the RB position - although one that many teams would love to have. With all four backs available then who gets to play ? I don't think that anything will happen now that the trade deadline is past but I can see either Smith or Bennett will be offered up for trade come the end of the season just a quuestion of which one it is. Bennett has questions over him regarding health and durability whereas Smith has a question mark over his personal habits outside of football.
    Moe Williams will stay as backup/short yardage and, assuming the rest of the season goes as well for him, then Moore will secure his spot on the roster.

Yesterday was the first opportunity to see him and see for myself what he can do and I have to say I was impressed. The OL opened a few holes but there was also some very savvy reads and moves on his part as well. I also saw him on the Sports wrap show and loved his attitude towards the game - this is a player with big potential in front of him.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

The Mwelde Bandwagon

I'm personally not a big fan of the "running back by committee" approach. Depth is great but it's unfair to all the backs because they deserve the right to try and put up good numbers every week. I think Moore has obviously won the job at this point due to his great performance on the field. It would be unfair to him to revert to either Bennett or Smith unless his performance begins to decrease. He has put up better numbers than Smith has and not been injured yet as Bennett seems to be all the friggin' time. I think a trade after this season needs to happen. Two grade A backs and a second tier guy (Williams IMO) are all we need. One has to go. My guess is that it probably will be Bennett.

We should be able to get a good trade for either a player or picks from one of our backs. Look at what Denver got for Portis. Champ Bailey was incredible compensation.
    Even babies know the difference.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    I am not sure that is the only reason you were called an Idiot. but in this instance, you may be correct...even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and awhile...LOL :bootyshake: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"bigdogbovy" wrote:

I also went on record a number of times, right after the draft(when everyone said it was a bad pick, to take another RB), saying that mewelde moore was a great back and would make it an easy descision for us, at the end of the year, to trade bennett or onterrio. Now I think people are starting to see what I was talking about. This guy should be our starter the rest of the year, without a doubt. 610 yards of offense in 3 games started!

It does sound like tice agrees with me too. He has said that bennett won't just get the starting spot back and that he isn't gonna change what is working right now, so expect to see bennett get 5 carries or so, like moe does, and mewelde will get 15 or so, for the rest of the year. I just wish tice would give the kid a few carries on the goaline. He has an awesome ability to find a small hole and shoot through it, something that would make him successful near the goaline, IMO.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

The Mwelde Bandwagon

Here's another question. If Bennett does not get the starting spot back this season, does that mean his departure from the Vikings this offseason in a trade, or will he stay at least until the end of his contract in 2006?
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

The Mwelde Bandwagon

I think Bennett will be better trade bait than Smith. Onterrio has some baggage if you know what I mean...puff puff.
    Even babies know the difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast