Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: MVC Survivor...week 2 is OVER!

look at the Florida vote, if you aren't smart enough to figure out how to vote maybe you shouldn't be voting.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

Maybe true, but =Z= just said that's why we're voting off eight this week.
    We're not voting eight off, we're voting for the cheerleaders we like the most and the eight that get the least amount of votes will be off the next ballot.
    There is a difference and it can be confusing.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    We're not voting eight off, we're voting for the cheerleaders we like the most and the eight that get the least amount of votes will be off the next ballot.
    I never had a problem understanding you were voting for your favorites.
    Perhaps that's because I actually bothered to read the page.
    I am AMAZED at how many people don't bother to RTFM before they do something like this.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I am AMAZED at how many people don't bother to RTFM before they do something like this.

=Z=
    Why would you be surprised?
    A good proportion of the fans don't even read the previous posts in a thread and there are a few that don't even read a direct rebuttal to their post.
    It's not surprising at all.
    Even at the university a good proportion of the students have a difficult time following directions on an exam.
    It's sad really.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:

=Z=
    Why would you be surprised?
    A good proportion of the fans don't even read the previous posts in a thread and there are a few that don't even read a direct rebuttal to their post.
    It's not surprising at all.
    Even at the university a good proportion of the students have a difficult time following directions on an exam.
    It's sad really.
    Why read it?
    The Super Intellects on this site have it all figured out.

* If a writer does not put the Vikes over as the greatest thing in football, he's an idiot who should be shot/run over by a car/forced to spend quality time with an ugly Sconnie and besides, the writers ALL HATE THE VIKINGS!
    * If a writer dares to write something good about another team in our division, he's an idiot who needs a full-frontal lobotomy.

On the flip side:
    * If a writer DOES write something good about the Vikings, then that man is an intellectual giant who should be fawned over to the point of erecting a statue of him in downtown Minneapolis next to Mary Richards tossing her hat in the air.

Here are a few hints for the challenged readers of this site:
    Your opinion is not always right.
    Someone who disagrees with your opinion is not necessarily an idiot.
    Especially if they can spell better than you.
    It is a good idea to read threads from start-to-finish before adding your "Yeah, that guy is a complet doody-hed likee alll th other stupd writers who hate us!"

(God that was hard to make that many spelling errors)

=Z=

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:

...Why read it?
    The Super Intellects on this site have it all figured out.

* If a writer does not put the Vikes over as the greatest thing in football, he's an idiot who should be shot/run over by a car/forced to spend quality time with an ugly Sconnie and besides, the writers ALL HATE THE VIKINGS!
    * If a writer dares to write something good about another team in our division, he's an idiot who needs a full-frontal lobotomy.

On the flip side:
    * If a writer DOES write something good about the Vikings, then that man is an intellectual giant who should be fawned over to the point of erecting a statue of him in downtown Minneapolis next to Mary Richards tossing her hat in the air.

Here are a few hints for the challenged readers of this site:
    Your opinion is not always right.
    Someone who disagrees with your opinion is not necessarily an idiot.
    Especially if they can spell better than you.
    It is a good idea to read threads from start-to-finish before adding your "Yeah, that guy is a complet doody-hed likee alll th other stupd writers who hate us!"

(God that was hard to make that many spelling errors)

=Z=
    ;D, again, why be surprised.
    The members of this board range from people who have posters of their favorite players plastered in their bedroom so they can look at them while they whack under the sheets to people that look at the NFL as a passtime to everything inbetween.
    There are some fans where the greatest cultural exchange they ever participated in was going with their grandparents to the polka festival in Fargo, N.D.
    Expect a percentage of the posts to make no sense, it's what fuels the fire of a message board.
    Plus, it doesn't take long to realize which people's posts you will read for information, which you will read for entertainment, which you will read for the WTF factor, etc.

"Prophet" wrote:
    The members of this board range from people who have posters of their favorite players plastered in their bedroom so they can look at them while they whack under the sheets to people that look at the NFL as a passtime to everything inbetween.
    There are some fans where the greatest cultural exchange they ever participated in was going with their grandparents to the polka festival in Fargo, N.D.
    Expect a percentage of the posts to make no sense, it's what fuels the fire of a message board.
    Plus, it doesn't take long to realize which people's posts you will read for information, which you will read for entertainment, which you will read for the WTF factor, etc.
    I've survived unmoderated Usenet flame-wars which make the disagreements on this site look like toddler slap-fights.
    I would like, however, to be able to read an article and the posts which follow in the thread w/out being confronted by 5 pages of "Yeah, what a stoopid idjut - all writers hate us!".

Call me a dreamer, if you want.

=Z=

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I've survived unmoderated Usenet flame-wars which make the disagreements on this site look like toddler slap-fights.
    I would like, however, to be able to read an article and the posts which follow in the thread w/out being confronted by 5 pages of "Yeah, what a stoopid idjut - all writers hate us!".

Call me a dreamer, if you want.

=Z=
    The main reason this board is better than most NFL message boards is because if you post something you better be able to defend it.
    That's what you're doing, making people defend their statements.
    That is good in my book.

p.s. Peter King sucks jiggly butt and you can click here for proof (thanks josdin00 for pulling this together).

"Prophet" wrote:
    p.s. Peter King sucks jiggly butt.
    Peter King is almost as much of a genius as moi.

And much, much uglier.

You coming up for a game this year?

=Z=

Prophet Guest

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    p.s. Peter King sucks jiggly butt.
    Peter King is almost as much of a genius as moi.

And much, much uglier.

You coming up for a game this year?

=Z=
    Click here for a representation of King's genius.

I'm trying to swing a game in Dec.
    Depends, I have tickets to three Saints games so far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast