Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Top_Speed's Avatar
    Top_Speed is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    266

    Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    Are we in trouble already for the possible end of our much hopeful season?

    Man, we are 0-2 and have NO at home. Must win game?

    (Then) Next... @ Hotlanta.
    If we lose to the Saints we would be 0-3 going into Atlanta. I would say that is not a place you would start to "turn things around".

    (Then) a buy week.

    Possibly being 0-4 going into this buy week could already (this early in the season) break our teams spirit or make us (fans) start looking forward to next years draft already. This would make all the GB fans have an orgasm I'm sure.

    So?? Must win game vs. Saints?? I'm thinking maybe so!
    Home Sweet Dome...

  2. #2
    cc21 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    I think it is a must win game, because I do not see us beating Atlanta. So if we dont beat the Saints then we could very easily be 0-4 going into the bye week.

  3. #3
    ElBarto is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    192

    Re: Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    Yep indeedy. Lose this week and things are gonna get ugly real quick. It wouldn't necessarily be the end of the season cos the North is a weak division but dropping 2 at home to TB & NO ain't a good sign.
    My head is spinning round, I don t know what to do...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    184

    Re: Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    No, I don't think it is. I think it's a "must play decently" game. If we fight hard and come close, it'll give us some confidence. Starting 0-4 would stink, but maybe it'll be the catalyst for something big...but then again our late season collapses seem to indicate that Tice can't stop bad momentum.

    Chances are fairly high we will be 0-4, but none of those loses will be division loses which has to count for something...especially how bad our division is.

  5. #5
    Top_Speed's Avatar
    Top_Speed is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    266

    Re: Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    "coreychavous21" wrote:
    I think it is a must win game, because I do not see us beating Atlanta. So if we dont beat the Saints then we could very easily be 0-4 going into the bye week.
    Exactly what I'm thinking Corey and this is too early in the season for us to be put on a Bar-B-Que Grill. (and if so and we get grilled?) hopefully no cheese gets put on top of us.
    Home Sweet Dome...

  6. #6
    Top_Speed's Avatar
    Top_Speed is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    266

    Re: Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    "southern_yankee" wrote:
    No, I don't think it is. I think it's a "must play decently" game. If we fight hard and come close, it'll give us some confidence. Starting 0-4 would stink, but maybe it'll be the catalyst for something big...but then again our late season collapses seem to indicate that Tice can't stop bad momentum.

    Chances are fairly high we will be 0-4, but none of those loses will be division loses which has to count for something...especially how bad our division is.
    Wow, when was the last time we were 0-4??? The Les Steckel year was better than that wasn't it?

    With the plethora of Viking info here someone must know....
    Home Sweet Dome...

  7. #7
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    Every game is a "must win" game!

    We cannot falter and fumble. Gotta raise our level of play...and we will!

  8. #8
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    "Top_Speed" wrote:
    "southern_yankee" wrote:
    No, I don't think it is. I think it's a "must play decently" game. If we fight hard and come close, it'll give us some confidence. Starting 0-4 would stink, but maybe it'll be the catalyst for something big...but then again our late season collapses seem to indicate that Tice can't stop bad momentum.

    Chances are fairly high we will be 0-4, but none of those loses will be division loses which has to count for something...especially how bad our division is.
    Wow, when was the last time we were 0-4??? The Les Steckel year was better than that wasn't it?

    With the plethora of Viking info here someone must know....
    We were 2-2 with Les after 4. Then we wnt on to lose 12 out of 13! :???:

    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min1984.htm

  9. #9
    ColoradoVike is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    444

    Re: Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    definitley a must win-- For fans and the team.

  10. #10
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Is this a "must win game" vs. the Saints?

    I think this a must win. If we can not right the ship, and are 0-3 we are dead meat going into Atlanta. If we can turn it around this week and gain so much needed confidence then I think we have a shot in Atlanta.

    If we can win are next 2 games and go into the bye week 2-2 the season is on. If we falter this week and lose at Atlanta, and go into the bye 0-4. Tice will be fired, and the season is lost. We will be playing for where we draft next spring.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Saints fan here, would like some game info
    By NwahlinsCayenne in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 07:15 AM
  2. What to Watch For: Saints Game
    By Webby in forum Gameday Previews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 07:34 PM
  3. anyone going to the saints game?
    By pwint80 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2004, 03:06 PM
  4. New Orleans saints game
    By vikingsalltheway in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 12:15 PM
  5. Last Game V Saints
    By Webby in forum Gameday Previews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-14-2002, 01:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •