Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni

Re: must-reads for Purple addicts besides PP.O?

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Sid may be getting old and a bit senile, but he's probably forgotten more about Minnesota sports than most of us remember. Sid Hartman doesn't write "stories." Maybe you aren't all aware of that. His column is an informational column containing interviews and quotes from sports personalities and informational tidbits that you probably won't find anywhere else. Sid Hartman is a Minnesota institution and I have been reading his stuff longer than most of you have been alive.
    Well hopefully Sid counts you as a "close personal friend" then.
    And just because you've been reading his stuff longer than the life span of other people doesn't mean Sid isn't an over the hill sports hack who gets by because he's Sid Hartman.
    The Star Tribune could do a lot better stories than Sid's half a page he gets.
    I'm sure the guy might be nice personally but his writing sure isn't nice.
    I have only read Sid for about 6 years and maybe there was a time he wasn't a senile old guy who liked to talk about people he knows and give bad information, but that time is long past.

"markmarkmark" wrote:
    I spent 4 years in a country that values seniority over performance, and I left for a reason.
    And a move to San Francisco was your fix?
    HAHAHAHAHA
    You couldnt have picked a more PRO UNION place to live West of the Mississippi!
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Sid may be getting old and a bit senile, but he's probably forgotten more about Minnesota sports than most of us remember. Sid Hartman doesn't write "stories." Maybe you aren't all aware of that. His column is an informational column containing interviews and quotes from sports personalities and informational tidbits that you probably won't find anywhere else. Sid Hartman is a Minnesota institution and I have been reading his stuff longer than most of you have been alive.
    And just because you've been reading his stuff longer than the life span of other people doesn't mean Sid isn't an over the hill sports hack who gets by because he's Sid Hartman.
    I have only read Sid for about 6 years and maybe there was a time he wasn't a senile old guy who liked to talk about people he knows and give bad information, but that time is long past.
    Reread my post!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Reread my post!
    Oh I read the thing, and I understand you said you don't think he has stories.
    But frankly he does.
    He is always adding his personal opinion of what's going to happen next with his quotes and "insider" information and more often than not it's completely wrong.
    He always has articles and tid bits in his half a page that go something like this "And on so and so topic I talked to my close personal friend George Stienbrenner and I can assure you so and so won't happen because George said this to me, did I mention George is my close personal friend?"

vikingsblitz is offline Training Camp

I've got a site if you'd like to check it out. The address is www.vikingsblitz.com

I've posted my preseason power rankings today!
    We come from the land of the ice and snow...crying Valhalla, I am coming!

Check out Vikings Blitz and feel the rush!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Webby" wrote:
    the
    new site will have an exhaustive list of resources.....and some mega goodies for your purple thirst this season.
    SKOL
    Have a purple head just thinking about it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

"Webby" wrote:
    the
    new site will have an exhaustive list of resources.....and some mega goodies for your purple thirst this season.
    SKOL
    i just got Chubby

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Webby" wrote:
    the
    SKOL
    Looking forward to it my friend. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    "markmarkmark" wrote:
    Anyone have recommendations for other sites, podcasts, blogs, whatever?

I'm all about the KFAN Purple On Demand podcast. The new-ish nfl.com redesign is great because of the really robust team-specific videos section. Other than that, I have no idea. Also, who does Vikes coverage better between the Strib and the PP?

Thanks!

Mark in SF
    1. Star Tribune (I like because I enjoy Zulgad and Sid.) Seems like they have more coverage.

2. http://vikesking.blogspot.com/ (Vike's Kings Blog) He hasn't updated it since the 11th... Falling behind there Gruber.

3. http://www.capitaljscorner.com/ (Capital_J's blog) Up to date and some good insights...

4. I am subscribed to not just the Purple On Demand but I am subscribed to: Chad Hartmen, The Power Trip, Sludge and Lake, Berraro and PA & Dubay.

P.S. There is also a Vikings site on Sports Illustrated and ESPN.
    haha yea i know erik, it'll be updaetd basically every day again coming up.
    Had a lot of stuff I had to take care of for school and work, so didn't have the time, but as of now it'll be getting updated regularly again
    ;D

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    haha yea i know erik, it'll be updaetd basically every day again coming up.
    Had a lot of stuff I had to take care of for school and work, so didn't have the time, but as of now it'll be getting updated regularly again
    ;D
    You'd better quit slacking off my friend.
    You know how we are, once we find something we like and it goes a bit awry we will be on you like a pack of rabid dogs.......... :P
    :P
    :P
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast