Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    markmarkmark is offline Waterboy

must-reads for Purple addicts besides PP.O?

Anyone have recommendations for other sites, podcasts, blogs, whatever?

I'm all about the KFAN Purple On Demand podcast. The new-ish nfl.com redesign is great because of the really robust team-specific videos section. Other than that, I have no idea. Also, who does Vikes coverage better between the Strib and the PP?

Thanks!

Mark in SF

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: must-reads for Purple addicts besides PP.O?

"markmarkmark" wrote:

I'm all about the KFAN Purple On Demand podcast. The new-ish nfl.com redesign is great because of the really robust team-specific videos section. Other than that, I have no idea. Also, who does Vikes coverage better between the Strib and the PP?

Thanks!

Mark in SF
    1. Star Tribune (I like because I enjoy Zulgad and Sid.) Seems like they have more coverage.

2. http://vikesking.blogspot.com/ (Vike's Kings Blog) He hasn't updated it since the 11th... Falling behind there Gruber.

3. http://www.capitaljscorner.com/ (Capital_J's blog) Up to date and some good insights...

4. I am subscribed to not just the Purple On Demand but I am subscribed to: Chad Hartmen, The Power Trip, Sludge and Lake, Berraro and PA & Dubay.

P.S. There is also a Vikings site on Sports Illustrated and ESPN.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    "markmarkmark" wrote:

Thanks!

Mark in SF
    1. Star Tribune (I like because I enjoy Zulgad and Sid.) Seems like they have more coverage.
    As long as you realize that Sid is the world's biggest homer and you can't really rely on anything he writes, I agree.
    I do like Zulgad and I miss Seifert.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "markmarkmark" wrote:

Thanks!

Mark in SF
    As long as you realize that Sid is the world's biggest homer and you can't really rely on anything he writes, I agree.

=Z=
    Be nice Z, you might be a "close personal friend" of Sid's and not even know it.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "erik5032" wrote:
    "markmarkmark" wrote:

Thanks!

Mark in SF
    Be nice Z, you might be a "close personal friend" of Sid's and not even know it.
    LOL!
    I actually got Yankees tix via my uncle and cousin back in the early 90s from Sid.
    Great story - I'll share it sometime.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

Sid s fun to read and I love how everyone jumps on the guy. There is a reason he has been employed for a long time so he has to be doing something right. If you look at his articles though... They are mostly quotes and he writes around them. I do miss Seifert though.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Its kindof hard to say as almost all of the stuff locally carries the same ole trash.
    Hard to find a agency out there that can come up with a original thought of thier own.
    Basically, you read one, you read em all.
    For that reason I like to come to PPO.
    Ole Singer sorts through all the crap for me (us) ahead of time.

I would just check with PPO one day and you will be able to book mark all the sites our Newshound and other contributors pull aritcles from.

If you want to spend some money, I like this one.
    Gives you access to all of the teams insider stuff and you get a nice magazine (usually 3 weeks late).

http://min.scout.com/

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

markmarkmark is offline Waterboy

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Its kindof hard to say as almost all of the stuff locally carries the same ole trash.
    Hard to find a agency out there that can come up with a original thought of thier own.
    Basically, you read one, you read em all.
    For that reason I like to come to PPO.
    Ole Singer sorts through all the crap for me (us) ahead of time.

I would just check with PPO one day and you will be able to book mark all the sites our Newshound and other contributors pull aritcles from.

If you want to spend some money, I like this one.
    Gives you access to all of the teams insider stuff and you get a nice magazine (usually 3 weeks late).

http://min.scout.com/
    Thanks much, marrdro and erik!

Sid annoys me, to be honest. I spent 4 years in a country that values seniority over performance, and I left for a reason.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Sid may be getting old and a bit senile, but he's probably forgotten more about Minnesota sports than most of us remember. Sid Hartman doesn't write "stories." Maybe you aren't all aware of that. His column is an informational column containing interviews and quotes from sports personalities and informational tidbits that you probably won't find anywhere else. Sid Hartman is a Minnesota institution and I have been reading his stuff longer than most of you have been alive.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

the
    new site will have an exhaustive list of resources.....and some mega goodies for your purple thirst this season.
    SKOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast