Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Must Read Analyst of Ponder... Best I've Read

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2011/03/draft_winds_the_christian_pond.html

This is a breakdown on most of Ponder's game from some guys who have had a close eye on Ponder throughout his career. It was an interesting and great read. Gives a lot of insight on who #7 is and what he really brings to the table. MUST READ in my opinion!!!
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Must Read Analyst of Ponder... Best I've Read

I ponder if he will actually turn into something.

Does not matter when you draft him if he turns out to be an all star.
    We're bringing purple back.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

A good article indeed and plenty to read, thanks for posting that.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Interesting analysis.
    I liked this part,

Is he a good fit for the Dolphins, and is he worth the 15th pick in the draft? The answer to both questions in my mind is yes....
    I doubt Miami could trade down into the mid-twenties of the first round and still expect to see him on the board. There are simply too many teams looking for quarterbacks this offseason
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Excellent. Now I have something to do at work tonight.

great read and analysis!

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1097738
    Interesting analysis.
    I liked this part,

Is he a good fit for the Dolphins, and is he worth the 15th pick in the draft? The answer to both questions in my mind is yes....
    I doubt Miami could trade down into the mid-twenties of the first round and still expect to see him on the board. There are simply too many teams looking for quarterbacks this offseason
    This actually makes a lot of sense. Tons of teams need quarterbacks. Which is the most important position in football. Again I say it does not matter where you get the guy as long as he turns into the guy.
    We're bringing purple back.

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1097777
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1097738
    Interesting analysis.
    I liked this part,

This actually makes a lot of sense. Tons of teams need quarterbacks. Which is the most important position in football. Again I say it does not matter where you get the guy as long as he turns into the guy.
    +1
    What I came away from the article and analysis is that this guy is a flat out worker, he is tough, and smart. I think we will all be pleased at this new chapter in Vikings history.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

my only concern is he's never played a bowl game so we don't know how he would handle a situation like that. Hopefully its not like Donovan McNabb who could lead his team to the NFC championship game every year but couldn't win it all. I don't know how this guy will do in clutch but hopefully it all pans out.

Other then that, I have no issues with his injuries, arm strength, or height. I think he can be an elite quarterback and a lot of players from FSU thought he was one of the best athletes on the team. Now that's saying something from a school based purely on athleticism. I think he most definitely compares to Drew Brees in terms of the way they play.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1097849
    my only concern is he's never played a bowl game so we don't know how he would handle a situation like that. Hopefully its not like Donovan McNabb who could lead his team to the NFC championship game every year but couldn't win it all. I don't know how this guy will do in clutch but hopefully it all pans out.

Other then that, I have no issues with his injuries, arm strength, or height. I think he can be an elite quarterback and a lot of players from FSU thought he was one of the best athletes on the team. Now that's saying something from a school based purely on athleticism. I think he most definitely compares to Drew Brees in terms of the way they play.
    But he was the MVP of the senior bowl. While that isn't the same as a BCS game. He stood out among his peers in one of the biggest 'auditions' of his life. To me that says the kid is a gamer!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast