Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Musgrave tailoring offense to players

Musgrave tailoring Vikings' offense to players

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Musgrave-tailoring-Vikings-offense-to-players-10629284

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Musgrave tailoring offense to players

Revolutionary idea.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Personally I'm all in favour of making the best use of players abilities rather than the 'you will fit this scheme' attitude of some coaches.
    Will be interesting to see how this pans out, though sure some posters here won't like that approach - letting the players have input on planning?? whatever next? :laugh:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

I recall Childress stating he would do that too.

What he ended up doing was trying to tailor players to HIS offense & defense.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I don't care what most of you think.......I still say this is nothing more than a guy trying to cover up player/personel moves that didn't work out.

Again, you bring in players that fit your scheme. That way you have a better shot at making sure you have the right talent on the field that can run the scheme.

You don't bring in players and then figure out what scheme you can run. You'll never get the right mix that way and will never have the right guys to run any kindof scheme.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106697
    I don't care what most of you think.......I still say this is nothing more than a guy trying to cover up player/personel moves that didn't work out.

Again, you bring in players that fit your scheme. That way you have a better shot at making sure you have the right talent on the field that can run the scheme.

You don't bring in players and then figure out what scheme you can run. You'll never get the right mix that way and will never have the right guys to run any kindof scheme.
    What you are forgetting is that they aren't bringing in entire teams that fit the scheme they want to run.

The team is already in place when they arrive & there are many talented players on the roster already. The trick is to tailor the scheme to best utilize their best assets, not to try and take talented players & turn them into mediocre players that fit your scheme like Childress tried to do.

You can always bring in the few pieces you need to compliment your scheme, which is what the draft & FA provides.

What you are suggesting is to basically gut an entire team leaving the handful of players that fit the coaches scheme & then go out & get a shitload of replacements.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106698

What you are forgetting is that they aren't bringing in entire teams that fit the scheme they want to run.

The team is already in place when they arrive & there are many talented players on the roster already. The trick is to tailor the scheme to best utilize their best assets, not to try and take talented players & turn them into mediocre players that fit your scheme like Childress tried to do.

You can always bring in the few pieces you need to compliment your scheme, which is what the draft & FA provides.

What you are suggesting is to basically gut an entire team leaving the handful of players that fit the coaches scheme & then go out & get a shitload of replacements.
    Nope, what I'm suggesting is that they really haven't changed anything. Go back to 2008 and watch our offensive sets.

Sure we weren't running as many 13 sets as we saw against Dallas this weekend but they were there. My guess, when the season hits, the ratio will come down a bit from what we saw against Dallas and will be closer to what we saw in 2008.

In the end this is just drivel being spewed forth by the organization to make the fans feel all warm and fuzzy so that tickets will get bought but in the end, if anyone really wants to look at it with open eyes, its pretty much the same approach with one exception......

Our QB loves to check down to backs alot.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1106701
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1106698

Nope, what I'm suggesting is that they really haven't changed anything. Go back to 2008 and watch our offensive sets.

Sure we weren't running as many 13 sets as we saw against Dallas this weekend but they were there. My guess, when the season hits, the ratio will come down a bit from what we saw against Dallas and will be closer to what we saw in 2008.

In the end this is just drivel being spewed forth by the organization to make the fans feel all warm and fuzzy so that tickets will get bought but in the end, if anyone really wants to look at it with open eyes, its pretty much the same approach with one exception......

Our QB loves to check down to backs alot.
    And it isn't much different than Tice did when he took over except the bombs to Moss because we don't have him and it isn't all that different than what Green did with the team when he was hired.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

http://youtu.be/dTAAsCNK7RA

here it goes again........................

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1106842
    http://youtu.be/dTAAsCNK7RA

here it goes again........................
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgG3f1DcjwA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast