Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Musgrave Says Team Will Tailor Offense To Fit Play

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103138
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103137
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103133
    Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1103132
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103119
    So he comes out and gives us great indepth details about the offense he is going to run and now he is masking the truth.

Nope, not buying. Try again.
    What "great indepth (sic) details" did he provide?

=Z=
    he said we'd be doing some of the same stuff with some of the same terminology.

to marty that means we're running exactly what we did last season.
    You know what, I'm not suprised at all anymore that that is all you got out of it.:P
    :kiss:
    LOL, what do you do on days when I'm not around?:lol:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103136
    So he comes out and gives us great indepth details about the offense he is going to run and now he is masking the truth.

There have been several articles out there about his scheme, how he came up with it, who his mentors were that helped him devise it etc etc etc.
    Which shows nothing about what is actually going to be run, now does it?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103139
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103138
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103137
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1103133

=Z=
    he said we'd be doing some of the same stuff with some of the same terminology.

to marty that means we're running exactly what we did last season.
    You know what, I'm not suprised at all anymore that that is all you got out of it.:P
    :kiss:
    LOL, what do you do on days when I'm not around?:lol:
    only one way you're gonna find out.

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1103140

There have been several articles out there about his scheme, how he came up with it, who his mentors were that helped him devise it etc etc etc.

=Z=
    Are you kidding me?

Do I know what his first play will be? Nope, but I have a damn good idea what the scheme will be and have for several months now.

To sit here and think that can't be surmised cause I'm a yutz fan is to kindof miss the whole point of life.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103148

Are you kidding me?

Do I know what his first play will be? Nope, but I have a damn good idea what the scheme will be and have for several months now.

To sit here and think that can't be surmised cause I'm a yutz fan is to kindof miss the whole point of life.
    "The whole point of life"? Understanding an NFL offense is why there is life on Earth?

Even for you, Marty, that's a bit much.

=Z=

Quote Originally Posted by "Zeus" #1103158
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103148

Are you kidding me?

"The whole point of life"? Understanding an NFL offense is why there is life on Earth?

Even for you, Marty, that's a bit much.

=Z=
    Comeon, you've been around me and Wildwoman. You know were our passions are.

On a side note, I still say I'm not very far off on what they will try to do and I put it out there shortly after he was hired not only in my "Coaches" thread but in the "What kindof offense" thread as well.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103160
    Comeon, you've been around me and Wildwoman. You know were our passions are.

On a side note, I still say I'm not very far off on what they will try to do and I put it out there shortly after he was hired not only in my "Coaches" thread but in the "What kindof offense" thread as well.
    Knowing that he runs a "Pro-style" offense, a WCO, a KAO, a Wing-T, etc. etc. doesn't really tell you anything about what plays are going to be run.

And working with the talent that you have makes a lot of frigging sense to me. For a long time around here - MANY people bitched that Childress and Bevell were not flexible enough.

Now that a coach steps forward to say he will be flexible, you seem to be dismayed. Don't see it.

=Z=

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1103117
    Quote Originally Posted by "mountainviking" #1103109
    "Ahhh, you must have balance Grasshopper..."

Its the extremes that don't work. You can't pound a square peg into a round hole, and you can't tailor fit an offense around turds or you'll just have a toilet bowl.

Guys with the talent level of Harvin and Peterson fit any scheme as long as you can get the dam ball in their hands and let them do their thing. Joe Webb has some skills, why not find a way to get him on the field too? Obviously, its way too early to tell, but I'm liking what I've heard about the new offense so far.

I'm just happy we'll finally be seeing some new things on offense instead of the same old eyes-closed-head-down thumping into a wall we've seen 4 of the past 5!! inch:
    As always, a man of reason my friend.

Look, it isn't like I don't have hope. I actually am pretty excited to see that he isn't coming in and making complete/sweeping changes.

I guess I will be a bit happier once I see it on the field. Until then, keep on keeping me under control.....
    Glad to....

...where's my baseball bat?

Caine

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I liked hearing Musgrave say that he will be open to suggestions and opinions of his players. (That he won't pull a Childress and stubbornly try to pound his square peg in a round hole.)

I think that while it is important for a coach to have a certain way they want things done, it's also important to not be so stubborn in your ways (large ego) that it prevents you from putting the best product on the field.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "BloodyHorns82" #1103176
    I liked hearing Musgrave say that he will be open to suggestions and opinions of his players. (That he won't pull a Childress and stubbornly try to pound his square peg in a round hole.)

I think that while it is important for a coach to have a certain way they want things done, it's also important to not be so stubborn in your ways (large ego) that it prevents you from putting the best product on the field.
    Exactly.

Like last year after Chilly got canned, Bevell did the exact same thing. Sat down with Favre and Les, and went over some stuff, came up with ideas that might work, threw out plays that didn't. They played to their strengths, and that O looked better.

I'm willing to bet most HC/Coordinators do that. Sit with the captains/leaders of the team and come up with a scheme that they feel plays to their strengths. Does that mean when the QB says "just let me throw deep every play" you do it? No, but a smart QB who's been around like McNabb will have ideas and know what he can do best. the wr's will know what they can do best, and together they can come up with some ideas that will work.

Not doing so is foolish.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast