Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Multitalented group not receiving corps of old

Must be too much SyFy. When I saw this thread I was wondering what a Mutilated group of corpses had to do with the vikings.

Then I saw receivers and thought it was a recap of the past 4 seasons.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Evidence of how far the Vikings' wide receiver corps has progressed since Brad Childress took over as coach in 2006 came this week when Aundrae Allison was jettisoned only five days into training camp.
    More like evidence of how the receiving corps has been bungled by Brad "no prima donnas" Childress.

Three years ago, a player with Allison's abilities not only would have made the roster but could have seen significant playing time. Those were the days when players such as Travis Taylor, Troy Williamson, Marcus Robinson, Billy McMullen and Bethel Johnson graced the depth chart.
    Childress got stuck with Williamson, but he drafted Allison and traded for McMullen.
    Let's hope Harvin, Rice, and Jaymar Johnson can help make up for those past drafts.
    Barrien was a good pick up as a free agent, but his value has been diminished by the lack of a great quarterback.

As far as Wade goes, he is not a great threat receiver nor a tall red zone possession type receiver.
    I don't see great route running from him either.
    There are likely receivers ready for the NFL that can take his place on the roster at a lower cost.

Considering that between Tice and Childress, the Vikings could easily have Aaron Rodgers at quarterback and Greg Jennings at receiver, there is blame to go around.
    The Packers did a better scouting job than the Vikings at those positions.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Minniman" wrote:
    Evidence of how far the Vikings' wide receiver corps has progressed since Brad Childress took over as coach in 2006 came this week when Aundrae Allison was jettisoned only five days into training camp.
    More like evidence of how the receiving corps has been bungled by Brad "no prima donnas" Childress.

Three years ago, a player with Allison's abilities not only would have made the roster but could have seen significant playing time. Those were the days when players such as Travis Taylor, Troy Williamson, Marcus Robinson, Billy McMullen and Bethel Johnson graced the depth chart.
    Childress got stuck with Williamson, but he drafted Allison and traded for McMullen.
    Let's hope Harvin, Rice, and Jaymar Johnson can help make up for those past drafts.
    Barrien was a good pick up as a free agent, but his value has been diminished by the lack of a great quarterback.

As far as Wade goes, he is not a great threat receiver nor a tall red zone possession type receiver.
    There are likely receivers ready for the NFL that can take his place on the roster at a lower cost.

Considering that between Tice and Childress, the Vikings could easily have Aaron Rodgers at quarterback and Greg Jennings at receiver, there is blame to go around.
    The Packers did a better scouting job than the Vikings at
    Really? Because he had his statistically best year last year, in yards and TDs... maybe you should take another look at that comment.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:

Really? Because he had his statistically best year last year, in yards and TDs... maybe you should take another look at that comment.
    then just think about how good he could actually be with a QB who coudl get him the ball consistently

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:

then just think about how good he could actually be with a QB who coudl get him the ball consistently
    Still, his comment about Berrian's value diminishing was incorrect. Once we see Jackson in there for a full year, and not pulled because of a spineless/worthless coach... I'm sure we'll see Berrian break 1,000 yards.

People just type what they think sometimes without checking the facts.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:

Still, his comment about Berrian's value diminishing was incorrect. Once we see Jackson in there for a full year, and not pulled because of a spineless/worthless coach... I'm sure we'll see Berrian break 1,000 yards.

true... I don't see how Berrian's value is diminishing, we've only had him for one season, with the same QB throwing to him.
    I'd say Berrian is underutilized, but not having his value diminishing.
    If we signed Harrison, Moss and Fitzgerald, then yes, his value would be diminished.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:

Yup, wouldn't want a spineless/worthless coach to interfere with the craptacular play of the aforementioned coache's project player...

But seriously, if we had a decent QB throwing the ball, Berrian would likely have had more impressive stats last season.
    But we didn't have decent QB's last season, we had Gus and Jackson...

Caine

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:

LMAO

You should check your facts.

Berrians yards were mainly made when Gus, not TJ was the QB. In fact, over 10% of his 964 yard season total came on the 1 99 yard play from Gus against the bears.

He had 4 games of over 100 yards with Gus as the QB while he had only one over 80(81) with Jackson as the QB.

Here are his stats with TJ

Game 1- 3 for 38
    Game 2- 0 for 0
    Game 14- 3 for 39
    Game 15- 1 for 41
    Game 16- 2 for 18
    Game 16- 4 for 81.

And the playoff game 2 for 36.

With Gus he had games of

Now, If i were Berrian I know who I would rather play with between the two of them. At any rate, looking at what the BB/TJ combination did last year, to say Jackson is what is needed to get him to 1000 yards is laughable.

Sorry, I just had to check the facts.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Minniman" wrote:

LMAO

Berrians yards were mainly made when Gus, not TJ was the QB. In fact, over 10% of his 964 yard season total came on the 1 99 yard play from Gus against the bears.

He had 4 games of over 100 yards with Gus as the QB while he had only one over 80(81) with Jackson as the QB.

Game 1- 3 for 38
    Game 2- 0 for 0
    Game 14- 3 for 39
    Game 15- 1 for 41
    Game 16- 2 for 18
    Game 16- 4 for 81.

With Gus he had games of

Now, If i were Berrian I know who I would rather play with between the two of them. At any rate, looking at what the BB/TJ combination did last year, to say Jackson is what is needed to get him to 1000 yards is laughable.

Did you even read the entire discussion? (I'll answer that for you... No, you did not.)

I realize I said Jackson could get Berrian 1,000 yards... but it had nothing to do with the original post.

All I said was that Berrian had his best season last year in terms of TDs and Yards... which is true... and that his value hasn't diminished.

If you disagree with that, ok... but not sure what you're trying to get at with the post above.

Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Minniman link=topic=52693.msg980906#msg980906 date=1249916813]

LMAO

Game 1- 3 for 38
    Game 2- 0 for 0
    Game 14- 3 for 39
    Game 15- 1 for 41
    Game 16- 2 for 18
    Game 16- 4 for 81.

With Gus he had games of

Did you even read the entire discussion? (I'll answer that for you... No, you did not.)

I realize I said Jackson could get Berrian 1,000 yards... but it had nothing to do with the original post.

All I said was that Berrian had his best season last year in terms of TDs and Yards... which is true... and that his value hasn't diminished.

If you disagree with that, ok... but not sure what you're trying to get at with the post above.
    [/quote]

Yeah

I read the entire string and I don't feel Berrian's value is diminishing. But you made the following statement

Once we see Jackson in there for a full year, and not pulled because of a spineless/worthless coach... I'm sure we'll see Berrian break 1,000 yards.

I simply checked the facts and discovered you have no idea what you are talking about if you think Jackson is going to be the QB to put Berrian over the 1000 yard mark if he is the QB.

Now do you know what I am getting at or is factual data not good for you?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast