Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Mr. Positive Fan

"651Vikes" wrote:
    It seems there are alot of negativity in the air. Ofcourse I can understand. But, I am having Packer fan relatives coming to town this week for Thanksgiving. And its going to be hard for me to find something to defend me and my team from the verbal abuse. So, I am going to try and post something positive to get a kick start.
    8)

Honestly, I haven't lost faith at all. Although, I do think Childress does call a boring game and I can see why people are upset and dissapointed at the production of the offense. Just imagine if this offense somehow really gets going.. we can still run the tables. As Acumen has mentioned in one of his threads, we are about 1 TD per game away from being 9-1. I agree with those that say what we are missing on Offense is "emotions".

If you really think about it, is there a team in the NFC that we seriously have no chance beating? Regardless if its their house or ours. Do other NFC teams look at the Vikes and say.. the Vikes are push overs and look directly pass us? I doubt the Bears look past us as well.

If you are already looking at the off season.. You may be more of a Fair Weather Fan then I am a Homer.
    :P

Childress won't change anything so ya'll have to have more confidence in what we've got. No matter how hard it is to watch.

* Just a thought: Look for BJ to shine Sunday. Hes going to show Denny a thing or two for letting him go the first time he was in MN. *

;D > 8) ??? : :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(
    I look forward to next season and the season after that only because I believe the Vikings are going to finally be true S.B. contenders.

I don't see a playoff run this year. But then I didn't see this big slide coming either.
    This game is so psychological at this level of the sport it would only take finding somrthing positive on offense to get on a roll.

I saw better line play when Hicks ang Johnson were out last week. Maybe that change will prove to be the catalyst we need.

Lord knows we have the defense to win any game.

We owe Arizona one. And this would be a good time to get something positive started.

Happy Thanksgiving and don't let those cheeseheads get to you.They are going no where.

By the way welcome to the site. And there are some great Miss,Ms. , or Mrs. positive fans here as well.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

651Vikes is offline Training Camp

Thanks for the Welcomes
    ;D

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

My dad and his best friend are both deceased, and having growing up with them, I have seen what a true fan is.
    They watched every Sunday, and taught me the history of the Vikings.
    I will be a fan forever, no matter what kind of season they have, because of what they taught me..
    Fans are not fans only when the team wins, but are fans all the time.
    My intent is to keep passing this on to my children, whether it be with the Vikes or whatever team they may chose (God forbid they chose another team).

Being a TRUE FAN is something that I take pride in.
    I cheer for them, just like all of the rest of you do.
    The Vikes are part of my life, and I learned that from 2 very special people in my life.

I remember hearing stories of past Vviking Teams, and wishing I had the opportunity to witness some of those teams.
    But I did not, but I still feel like I was part of them, because I had 2 very special fans to pass that history on to me.

That is what I consider being a FAN.
    Taking the past, giving it to the present, so that it may be part of the future.

As I side note, I miss those 2 fans, and I thank them for th memories I have of the everyday.

SKOL Vikings

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

We're good enough, we're smart enough, and dog-on-it people like us.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    My dad and his best friend are both deceased, and having growing up with them, I have seen what a true fan is.
    I will be a fan forever, no matter what kind of season they have, because of what they taught me..
    My intent is to keep passing this on to my children, whether it be with the Vikes or whatever team they may chose (God forbid they chose another team).

The Vikes are part of my life, and I learned that from 2 very special people in my life.

I remember hearing stories of past Vviking Teams, and wishing I had the opportunity to witness some of those teams.
    But I did not, but I still feel like I was part of them, because I had 2 very special fans to pass that history on to me.

Taking the past, giving it to the present, so that it may be part of the future.

As I side note, I miss those 2 fans, and I thank them for th memories I have of the everyday.

SKOL Vikings
    Growing up there were 2 things that were a standard..

1. Sunday was Vikings game day!! My dad and i would sit down and cheer.. from the time iw as old enouf to understand which team was which i was cheering for the Purple People eaters!!

2. W.Plett and Dino C posters in my room and Nstars on the tv or at the civic.

that was my youth.. now, living on the other sid eof the world, i call my dad every Vikes game. we talk about who's playing, how they're playing and what we would think B.chill could be doing/should be doing.
    wether or not we are in the playoffs or flounder thougout the rest of the year we'll (my dad and I) still watch games (even if i have to stay up till 4 am) and we'll still be proud to say that the Vikes are OUR team!!

some of my fondest memories of Vikes games have been with my Dad next to the BBQ with the turboe heater going full blast in the garage, small black and white tv, and the radio blasting announcers (dad hates tv announcers).

some big bright spots that we have discussed so far this year.

Chester Taylor!!
    people were saying we made a big gamble by taking a backup who hand't proven he could be the #1. He's lived up to the expectations and then some!!

The W. boys.. they've become an anchor to the NFL's BEST run def. it's become sooo good. that teams are actually coming into games against us PLANNING on NOT having a run game. people have stopped even trying!!
    when have we been able to boast something like this.

(u know my dad made a good reference to how Chicago was last year.. amazing D with limping O.. look at them this year)

Our D in general has begun the processes of playing like the TEAM Tomlin wants them to be. sure we've given up some big plays in the air, and some very talented QB's have taken the challange of beating us in the air. but that's what HOF QB's should do!!

Our coaching staff is coming together. I really am phyched to see this group mature as 1. B.chill is having his growing pains, but compared to the past-present of rookie HC's he's been really on par if not futher.

ok it's not a perfect season.. but why should we expect one? even if this team is 3 years into it's coaching staff, leading the leage in all stats O and D.. we'd still nvr play perfect.

alli can say is that. i'm gonna watch games until the end.. scream for the good plays.. and yell for the bad ones!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:

SKOL Vikings
    It's a good story. And we can all learn from it. We are all Vikings fans here for better or for worse. I hate when we are in slumps like we have been lately, but all we can do is keep backing the team. And standing through periods like this builds your character and togetherness as a fanbase.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Nice post, and All I have to say is, I haven't been a fan for almost 40 years without having to deal will good times and bad......We are in a funk right now, but these type of funks do pass.
    Let's just hope we take the W at home this week and the fire starts to burn again for us........We very well could have a strong ending to our season and make a wild card slot.
    hopefully we do that while playing some solid ball and moving our way up in the playoffs......

This season is far from being over in my book.....

GO VIKES... ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Welcome to the site.
    I like your positive attitude.
    I will admit I have been pretty negative lately, and usually I'm always positive about my Vikes.
    I know I've only been a fan for 9 years now, but it's still hard.
    It would just be nice to see a win for once and to see something go right for our offense.
    But maybe that will change this Sunday
    :-

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12