Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Up/Down

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Moving Up/Down

Greg Rosenthal of Fox Sports recently posted who's stock on the NFL teams was moving up and down on the team's roster. Here's his report on the Vikes.

"Moving Up: Michael Bennett, RB Bennett is the winner of the dreaded "Best Shape of his Career," award, winning the tag from every teammate, coach, and ballboy who saw him run this off-season. The Olympic-quality track speed is back. So is his starting job. The only question is whether Bennett can last more than two weeks while playing actual, you know, football.

Moving Down: Troy Williamson, WR The Vikings are bringing Williamson along at a glacial pace. In lieu of practicing with the rest of the team, the Vikings had Williamson working out on his own with a position coach. When he joined his teammates, he reportedly dropped a lot of easy balls. Williamson looks like one of the most overrated fantasy assets this season. He's being drafted as a WR4 on fantasy teams, but may not climb above the fourth receiver on his own team.

Personally, I'm betting Troy Will surprise a few folks this year with some great catches.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Moving Up/Down

I think he's just going through some growing pains. Williamson will be fine, but it may take some time. I can't wait to see Bennett run though! Stay healthy Michael...please!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

im hoping bennett blows away my expectations, and my expectations are high right now

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Im not expecting too much of Williamson.. Although Bennett better get 1000 yards and go injury free the whole year

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:

"Moving Up: Michael Bennett, RB Bennett is the winner of the dreaded "Best Shape of his Career," award, winning the tag from every teammate, coach, and ballboy who saw him run this off-season. The Olympic-quality track speed is back. So is his starting job. The only question is whether Bennett can last more than two weeks while playing actual, you know, football.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Cmon Bennett, last for once! Troy Williamson is a duh! Everyone knew he wouldn't play that much this year! Tice said it when he drafted him....No he isn't Moss's replacement...but he has huge potential and we're gonna slowly nurture him into being a great wide reciever.......

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

What do you expect Williamson is a rookie and with Bennett heres to hoping he has a good season.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"audioghost" wrote:
    Cmon Bennett, last for once! Troy Williamson is a duh! Everyone knew he wouldn't play that much this year! Tice said it when he drafted him....No he isn't Moss's replacement...but he has huge potential and we're gonna slowly nurture him into being a great wide reciever.......
    Exactly. He needs to be slowly nurtured and just be a big play player this year who is helpful.

I have been expecting huge things out of bennett since that 1000 yard season but now we all kinda write him off. If he could just not get injured :shock: I think we could have a star back. :grin:

ageri8126 is offline Waterboy

i guess when Minnesota drafts a WR in the first round from now on they expect them to be Randy Moss....which we all know is very unlikely, i think Williamson will do fine, yeah he will drop a few but i can almost guarntee he'll burn some CB's for minimum 5 TD's

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't bother reading to a thing Fox Sports say's usally, but come on, how dumb do they think people are? Do they think we are expecting Williamson to take two CB's every play and be a #1 or #2 WR right away? No, we expect him to gain mostly experience this year, so he dropped a few catches, imagine how nervous he must be.

My take on it:

When you are waiting to be drafted and expected to go around the top ten players like Williamson was, and you know that the higher your drafted the worse of a team your stuck on, and then pick #7 rolls around and everyone is shouting "Mike Williams" "Mike Williams" and then you hear your name called by the Minnesota Vikings, division favorite with an All-Pro QB. Imagine how awesome that was for Williamson. But now he is so nervous and trying to impress everyone all at once that he hasn't become comfortable yet. Come on Fox Sports, let the kid finish Training Camp before you rank him. Troy's value falls because he dropped a couple passes? I would too. Put yourself in his place for a second. He's gonna' be great, mark my words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast