Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Moving down 14 rows...

Found out about my season ticket seat relocation request today. I am moving 14 rows closer, and over one section. While I am pretty pumped about the jump, it was a lot more than I expected. Is this somewhat normal for the first year or is this a bad sign for Viking season ticket renewals?

Last year was our first year for season tix, and we were waaaaaay up there (row 27, upper level). The seats were corner endzone, and I requested to remain in the corner endzone this year too, even though I know most people try to move closer to the 50 yard line. Do you think that had something to do with it?

I am curious to see how fast others moved up in their first few years. I am also hoping that we aren't losing too many season ticket holders. I want to keep our sell out streak going!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Moving down 14 rows...

Good deal for you!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

That's a great question....

Now, I just have to hope I can get me some tickets for the Vikes (and Wild) when I return to MN!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Found out about my season ticket seat relocation request today. I am moving 14 rows closer, and over one section. While I am pretty pumped about the jump, it was a lot more than I expected. Is this somewhat normal for the first year or is this a bad sign for Viking season ticket renewals?

Last year was our first year for season tix, and we were waaaaaay up there (row 27, upper level). The seats were corner endzone, and I requested to remain in the corner endzone this year too, even though I know most people try to move closer to the 50 yard line. Do you think that had something to do with it?

I am curious to see how fast others moved up in their first few years. I am also hoping that we aren't losing too many season ticket holders. I want to keep our sell out streak going!
    No clue - I get my season ticket through my uncle. But we're moving down (I think) six rows this year over last year, which is nice....except that it puts us in a higher tax bracket!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

I was able to move up 10 rows myself this year. For the last 3 years we've only been offered a couple of rows at the most. From what you guys are saying...it looks like we may have lost some of the season ticket holders from last year.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

wouldnt doubt it, the vikings organization is being revamped, some people dont want to wait and see how it turns out

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

My uncle has season tickets and he moves down a few rows every year. Not a huge jump like you did. I think the most rows he has moved down in one year was 6.

We stayed with the same seats for the first time, kinda got sick of paying more every year and watching the team get worse and worse. The metrodome is not a fun place to watch football, and if they don't really step up this year, I'll save my money and just watch them on tv. I can go to that dump when they are exciting to see(Randy,D.C.) but with the lack of talent on the O this year and a terrible starting QB to go with an average at best D. It will be hard to leave the tailgaiting lot to go to the game. Sorry I guess i'm not a "real fan" because I won't lay down and accept a terrible team like some think you have to do. If they want my money, they need to have a good to great team this year, and with the QB problems we now have it will be hard for them to do anything.
    You republican whore!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Sorry you have such a pessimistic view PurpleRide. It doesn't make you any less of a fan, but it is disappointing to hear someone say that they have to be great in order for a long time ticket holder to continue to renew. I am not sure you can say the team keeps getting worse and worse though. IMHO they have been on a pretty even keel since Tice took over. Periods of mediocrity interrupted by flashes of greatness. Last year happened to be an extended mediocre period, so I am looking forward to a 2004-like flash of greatness sooner or later. :wink:

I intend on renewing my season tickets until the day I die, even during a bad year or two. I have been a Vikings fan since the mid 70's, so I think I can handle a couple of lean stretches.

That being said, I think we will still make a playoff run this year. :grin:
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Ned & I moved down 5 rows & a section and a half towards the sidelines.

We are in section 235, row 16 now. What row & sections do you guys have your upgraded season tix in?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast