12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Moves the Vikings Could Still Make

A few of the moves I wouldn't mind seeing are:

Acquiring a new WR, whether its signing Doush or trading for VJ or Moss, we definitely need another WR on our roster. I actually would love to see us sign Doush and trade Berrian and some pick for Moss, considering he doesn't think he'll be back after this year.

Signing Justin Hartwig; with our O-line in flux, we could use some stability at the Center position. Say what you want about Hartwig, but I bet he could protect Favre better than Herrera at center, although I don't know about his versatility on the line for after Sully gets back.

CB HELP!!! We obviously need major help at this, or at least a temporary fix until Cook and Griffen get back. I have a dream of getting Revis, although I know that will never happen. But something must be done.

I'll probably get a lot of heat for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing us get Leinart. I would much rather have him than Jackson, and because he's a lefty it would make McKinnie be less important, and God knows we need that as he's a giant piece of crap.

Not sure if I left anything out or put anything in that shouldn't be there, but as far as I can tell most of these would help us out.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Moves the Vikings Could Still Make

12purplepride28 wrote:

Acquiring a new WR, whether its signing Doush or trading for VJ or Moss, we definitely need another WR on our roster. I actually would love to see us sign Doush and trade Berrian and some pick for Moss, considering he doesn't think he'll be back after this year.

Signing Justin Hartwig; with our O-line in flux, we could use some stability at the Center position. Say what you want about Hartwig, but I bet he could protect Favre better than Herrera at center, although I don't know about his versatility on the line for after Sully gets back.

CB HELP!!! We obviously need major help at this, or at least a temporary fix until Cook and Griffen get back. I have a dream of getting Revis, although I know that will never happen. But something must be done.

I'll probably get a lot of heat for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing us get Leinart. I would much rather have him than Jackson, and because he's a lefty it would make McKinnie be less important, and God knows we need that as he's a giant piece of crap.

Not sure if I left anything out or put anything in that shouldn't be there, but as far as I can tell most of these would help us out.
    Housh may happen. Moss won't till at least next year if it does. VJ would be nice but I can't see that happening.

I agree with Hartwig. Even with Sully I think the Vikes are hurting at Center. Sully is okay but Hartwig's experience would be very nice. Herrera's done okay at Center but not the best scenerio.

Revis would be great but I think we all know that won't happen. Plus if the guy is willing to sit out the season he isn't the type this FO will go after. Same situation as VJ imo.

I thought of Leinart too but he has looked as bad as TJ during the preseason and he really tends to hold the ball too long. I guess you can look at it as he would be under contract .

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Re:Moves the Vikings Could Still Make

12purplepride28 wrote:

* Houch, yes
    * Moss, dream on
    * Hartwig, wouldn't get in sync before Sully is healthy, but adding quality depth to OL would be great. Like at LT.
    * CB, we will find someone to fill out the 4th spot off waivers to hold spot for Cook and Griff
    * Leinart, team chemisty poison

Would LOVE to have a better FB than Tahi... why oh why is this guy still here? Must be another guy like TJ that has pictures of Chilly doing a goat.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]