Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Re: Move over Marrdro - I'm back on the wagon!

"C" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    After we were 3-6 ,very few here had the guts to stay patience and keep believing in
    the chiller ,one of those was Marrdro.....

For all of that I am glad to say Marrdro:
    "VERY NICE MY FRIEND,VERY NICE INDEED
    ;D"

Go Vikes!!!
    I'll agree with you on all your points... only I didn't have any faith in the Chiller coming into the season. 4 wins in a row is great to see and proves we are an improving team. I'm happy to eat crow... and I probably deserve some extra.
    Oh yeah... you do :P
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I had not quite jumped off the wagon, but I had scaled over the side railing, climbed down to where one foot was resting on the wheel hub, and my other foot was grazing the ground, hanging by one hand, I was leaning out to look up the road and see if I could spy a better coach in another band wagon just ahead. I'm back in and tapping Marrdro's shoulder, in case he needs someone else to drive.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I want to say I was wrong, but I'm afraid they'll collapse as soon as I become a "childress supporter."
    me too.

Just to be sure I am going to wait until the season is over before I jump on the wagon.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

It was not long ago people on this site were comparing him to Les Steckel.
    I stated that noone could be as bad as Steckel.
    I was on the fire Childress band-wagon, but I knew he was not as poor as coach as Steckel was.
    I am hoping for Childress to do well and make me change my opinion.
    The past 3 weeks he has taken a good step towards changing alot of peoples opinions on his coaching ability.
    He made some stupid mistakes earlier this season.
    The biggest one was not getting AD enough carries.
    The Vikings intended on splitting carries evenly between AD and Chet.
    Then after the game was over Chet would have 10 more carries.
    Since that time they instituted a system to track each backs carries to ensure that AD got his touches.
    That is great, but why wasn't it done sooner.
    We could be playing for a division championship rather than trying to make the playoffs as the 6th seed.

It is important for us to remember that the past two super bowl champions both had to play in the wild card round.
    Maybe the Vikings can make it 3 in a row.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I have to admit I was starting to wonder if Chilly's plan was able to work or not. I am glad that we are beginning tio see the light that has seemed to come on for us as a fans and also for some of the players.
    Is there a ways to go? yes. But it is good to see what is happeniing now.

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    As I think it was too early to throw him out, I now think it's too early to crown him! You wanna crown ND crown him!! ;D Having AD would help any coach look good. I have hope as always, but will wait to see how this playoff run ends.
    That is what they said about Reggie Bush last year.
    Yet we have seen that you can have amazing talent and the head coach can still mismanage it.
    One of the things Childress did was draw a hard line and forced the OL to accept and learn his blocking schemes.
    It has paid off in spades.

I am not ready to crown him as the greatest coach ever , but I am ready to offer him my support once again!
    He has earned IMHO.
    Well Payton was the Coach of the Year last year, and doesn't look quite like that this year. I don't think Bush had quite the yeat AP is having but I understand your point. The progress kind of reminds me of the movie Hoosiers, when the coach first structured the team to play a certain way and they lost, but got a great player the team gelled and the system came alive and they won a championship. I'm withholding judgement on Chilly but he has shown some definite strides since the end of last year.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

welcome back aboard lol

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

To be fair to the 'haters' earlier in the season.
    I wouldn't say they were completely off base.
    Coaching performance WAS abhorrent and hard-headedness was evident.
    Those who recognized those things were right in doing so.
    At least one game would be a W instead of a L, if AD would've been used more.
    I guess Marrdro had confidence in the coach himself to grow and improve which he has done.

Has the coach made changes in his style/policies, play calling?
    strategy?
    I've read several articles stating so.
    His success was wrapped up in his confidence in TJack.
    TJack prevails, BC wins.

From the outside, i think most of BC's problem is personality and charisma, which he does not possess.
    If he was more of a likeable guy to fans and press, his image would be improved and his losing would be a bit more tolerable.
    People would make excuses for him instead of blame.
    But, winning solves all problems.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"hx38596" wrote:
    To be fair to the 'haters' earlier in the season.
    I wouldn't say they were completely off base.
    Coaching performance WAS abhorrent and hard-headedness was evident.
    Those who recognized those things were right in doing so.
    At least one game would be a W instead of a L, if AD would've been used more.
    I guess Marrdro had confidence in the coach himself to grow and improve which he has done.

Has the coach made changes in his style/policies, play calling?
    strategy?
    I've read several articles stating so.
    His success was wrapped up in his confidence in TJack.
    TJack prevails, BC wins.

From the outside, i think most of BC's problem is personality and charisma, which he does not possess.
    If he was more of a likeable guy to fans and press, his image would be improved and his losing would be a bit more tolerable.
    People would make excuses for him instead of blame.
    But, winning solves all problems.
    I would say that the hard-headedness was not evident.
    The haters liked to say that he was hard headed and stubborn for sticking to his beliefs... and it turns out he was right.
    His schemes are winning ball games right now.

I would also like to see what articles you are referring to that say that Childress has changed his style, policies, play calling or strategy.
    A few weeks ago there were some articles about the defense playing more man rather than zone and blitzing the QB more, but those were specific adjustments made by the defensive coordinator, not anything high level that the head coach would have changed.
    And for the record, the offense has been winning games too lately.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Frankly I could care less how how "friendly" Childress is to the press. Tell me any time that they have been friendly to him. They berated him all last year and this year along with the team and the rest of management. I got to them all kudos for not getting beat down.
    Childress had a plan, he's stuck to it and for that I have to give him a lot of credit. I'm not jumping up and down saying we're gonna get to the Super Bowl or even the NFL title game, but you could see all year that this team had the makings for something special with their talent. They just had a learning curve. The losses they had were not big losses (except Green Bay). They could have won against Dallas. But let's face it, this win streak hasn't been against top-quality opponents.
    I think the Vikes will make the playoffs and then we'll see just how far this team has come. In the meantime I'm loving these wins, but I am not going to be over-praising a team that still has some way to go before they are the same quality as the Patriots and the Packers.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast