Thread: Motivation

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Motivation

Question.

I know they are professional athletes and shouldn't need to be motivated but how much do you think it affects the players when the come out on the field knowing their QB is going to be ineffective?

How hard is it to keep up a constant level of play when each time you make a stop cause a turnover etc it gets wasted? or make a great run or catch and then 3 lame executions and punt, interception or fumble.
    Purple till i die

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    If it's a problem for you as a player you probably don't belong in the league.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I hate to say the phrase "Moss is Right" not because of the poster but because I never believed I would say it.

Anyway, in this league despite what the team does, you are still the individual under contract and being assessed. Its in your interest to always hit top speed.

That, though, is theory. While every player I talk to gives the "110% everyday" line as they should, the reality is closer to its a mixed bad. Its these kind of naer-do-wells and malingerers that are often referred to as the cancers in the locker rooms. Even think of Moss taking off plays and openly talking about it, to which we were shocked. We shouldn't have been.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_The_Viking View Post
    Question.

I know they are professional athletes and shouldn't need to be motivated but how much do you think it affects the players when the come out on the field knowing their QB is going to be ineffective?

How hard is it to keep up a constant level of play when each time you make a stop cause a turnover etc it gets wasted? or make a great run or catch and then 3 lame executions and punt, interception or fumble.
    That and the uniforms right? You put them in a terrible jersey with a stupid font and the mental impact is they play terrible and stupid. Fix the jerseys and they play will be better too.