Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Vikerliker76 is offline Training Camp

Most memorable and heartbreaking moment

Worst - The first year my Viking love affair seriously started, which is in my call name. #88 pushed off breaking my 9 year old heart. Have HATED the Cowboys ever since (aside from when they play the Peckers (lol.))

Best - Was at Lambeau on a rainy Monday night on the 40 and saw Jake Reed GO OFF!!!!!!! Oh, yea, a rookie played fairly well too.
    "Everything I lack, I make up in denial."

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Best- viking vs tampa bay on monday night with the vikes rallying and coming back for a 7 point win. First viking game i saw as a fan.

worst- never saw it, but the loss vs the giants was a mean killah.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

the best... my first game this year against KC...

worst... Atlanta in 98

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I have a few of the bests-
    1. 1998 MNF when Randy Moss had his coming out party against the pack at Lambeau!! A game that looked a lot closer with the final score than it really was. A couple of late TDs by the slackers made it look respectable.
    2. 1998 GB at Minnesota (I was at the game). Moss another huge game against the pack, and Jimmy Hitchcock picking off Favre and takin' it to the house!!
    3. Last year week 1: living in Wisconsin when the Vikings beat the pack at the rededication of Lambeau, handily. If it wasn't for a couple of late scores by the slackers (again) it would have been a blowout.
    3a. I was also at the Miami game that show time was talking about, CCs return to the dome and Anderson hit the 53 yarder with 17 seconds left!

Two worst are obvious:
    1. 1998 NFC championship vs ATL
    2. 2000 NFC championship vs NYG

Worst game I've been to:
    1. When Vick ran all over the Vikes, even though we should have won in regulation when Moss threw a TD to Culpepper, but we had an illegal formation or whatever the hell it was

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Tried and true, that was your first game ever? I take it you live far away, or you're not that old!! I hope you start going to more games, so we can play that well more often!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

yep my first game ever... I actually don't live far away at all... I'm 22... so not young enough that I shouldn't have never been to a game before. i plan to attend many more... it was one of the best experiences!!

You're relatively young yet, I'm 25. I've only been to about 4 or 5 games, but I live out of state now and it makes it harder to get there!! I also wish I was old enough to have been able to watch the Purple Pain and Purple People Eaters!!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I have a few of the bests-
    1. 1998 MNF when Randy Moss had his coming out party against the pack at Lambeau!! A game that looked a lot closer with the final score than it really was. A couple of late TDs by the slackers made it look respectable.
    Ugh, what a nightmare--you're right it didn't seem that close. I looked it up recently and was amazed it was that close, only 13 points, I thought the final was something like 44-17, at least that's how it felt. :-(

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    3. Last year week 1: living in Wisconsin when the Vikings beat the pack at the rededication of Lambeau, handily. If it wasn't for a couple of late scores by the slackers (again) it would have been a blowout.
    Hrm...wasn't Favre shooting into the endzone in that one at the buzzer? Or did we not recover the onside kick-off? I forget, but that one I recall thinking we had a chance to pull it out, unlike the one above where we were simply doomed. Well, I guess if it was the onside kick game you had a choice of either starting the season with a humiliating choke or ending it with one....was it worth it? ;-)

Two worst are obvious:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    1. 1998 NFC championship vs ATL
    You didn't think the Breath of St. Vincent could reach into your Twinkiedome, did you? You been schooled now, haven't you? You know full well Andersen had nothing to do with that missed kick, it was the judgement of the Angry Football gods for inflicting Moss on the NFL and (especially!) him cavorting all over Lambeau and lighting up our scoreboard.

Was it worth it? :-)

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    2. 2000 NFC championship vs NYG
    Heh, my Dad was born in NY and was a lifelong Giants fan...he didn't think they were all that good that year--until they utterly humiliated the Vikes on their own turf. Then he began to believe, which just made the bitchslapping they received at the hands of the Drug Ring all that much worse.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Worst game I've been to:
    1. When Vick ran all over the Vikes, even though we should have won in regulation when Moss threw a TD to Culpepper, but we had an illegal formation or whatever the hell it was
    Ugh...you had one of those too? I sure know how that feels. Geez, you just want to take out a rifle and shoot him there on the field after he dances his way out of every mess and forty yards downfield.....but you probably couldn't hit him what with him wearing that invisible juice of his.

He angered the Football Gods too....he wasn't dancing around much the year after his great conquest at Lambeau--now was he?

I wonder if he thought it was worth it.....
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

I didn't think that NY had a chance either, even though they were at home!! Much to my sruprise huh!! If it came down to another season like we had last year, I would gladly beat the pack and choke against anybody else! There is just a certain satisfaction in beating the pack, as I'm sure there is a satisfaction for you beating the Vikes!! As for those two packer games getting close, we can blame that on the prevent defense! So was the final score of the Monday nighter 44-31? I can't remember!

Purplebleeder is offline Training Camp

1 - Worst - 1998/99 NFC Championship - one kick away from the SB.

2 - Worst - NFC Championship vs Giants - zero points THAT still hurts (Kerry who?).

BEST
    1. 1998 - Randy Moss ... meet the Pack....
    2. 1998 - Randy Moss...Meet the Cowpokes
    3. 1998 - Randy Moss....Meet the Jags
    4. 2003 - Vikes beat the Pack at the Lambeau rededication.
    A Viking Fan(atic)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast