Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Moss's Comments

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Moss's Comments

Sorry, I disagree. Off field issues hurt the team as well.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Moss's Comments

I like what mcnabb said when asked about moss vs TO, he said he was more interested in the undercard, kelly cambell vs freddie mitchell. I agree 100%. The game is in no way gonna come down to TO vs moss, even though the media thinks otherwise.

Moss's Comments

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I like what mcnabb said when asked about moss vs TO, he said he was more interested in the undercard, kelly cambell vs freddie mitchell. I agree 100%. The game is in no way gonna come down to TO vs moss, even though the media thinks otherwise.
    Actually, TO said that quote. I watched it last night.

Moss's Comments

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    Sorry, I disagree. Off field issues hurt the team as well.

If he misses a game because of them, then yes it hurts the team, but that has yet to happen. On field incidents affect the game that is being played. Sharpie incident would be a 15 yard penalty. How about his tirade on the sidelines against us last year, that also affects the team and for more than just that one game.

Again I say that as long as Moss doesn't miss a game and keeps putting up the #'s he does, then it doesn't matter what happens off the field, because he comes to work and does his job every game, and his teammates respect him for that. TO has lost respect from a lot of his teammates and coaches in San Fran, and it could very well happen again in phily. I like that mcnabb has a good WR to throw the ball to, but I still worry that he will become a cancer to the team.

Moss's Comments

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:

Well I have the quote from mcnabb on ESPN.com.

Moss's Comments

Donovan's hold on the team is why Owens will NOT go off like he did in San Fran. Garthia had no control or hold on that locker room so it was easy for Owens. I just read a good comment the other day...where was it? Oh, Sports Illustrated:

Before the Eagles signed off on the trade with the Ravens and the 49ers, Owens had to convince Reid that he wouldn't be the divisive force he was in San Francisco. Reid is more confrontational than Steve Mariucci, the former Niners coach now with the Detroit Lions, or Mariucci's successor, Dennis Erickson. Because he has more command of the locker room than Garcia had, McNabb won't hesitate to tell Owens to shut up if he starts acting like a prima donna. "TO's got a capo and a consigliere, which he needs - and which I'm not sure he had in San Francisco the last few years," says Steve Young, the former 49ers quarterback.

Moss's Comments

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:

Weird...they must have messed up. Because I even mentioned to my boyfriend something about TO saying that and how Freddie (who is a friend of mine) might get upset that TO called him the undercard...lol

Moss's Comments

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    Donovan's hold on the team is why Owens will NOT go off like he did in San Fran. Garthia had no control or hold on that locker room so it was easy for Owens. I just read a good comment the other day...where was it? Oh, Sports Illustrated:

Before the Eagles signed off on the trade with the Ravens and the 49ers, Owens had to convince Reid that he wouldn't be the divisive force he was in San Francisco. Reid is more confrontational than Steve Mariucci, the former Niners coach now with the Detroit Lions, or Mariucci's successor, Dennis Erickson. Because he has more command of the locker room than Garcia had, McNabb won't hesitate to tell Owens to shut up if he starts acting like a prima donna. "TO's got a capo and a consigliere, which he needs - and which I'm not sure he had in San Francisco the last few years," says Steve Young, the former 49ers quarterback.

I think it is simple with TO, you either win or loose by giving him the ball, and he is happy and doesn't affect the team. But if you don't get him the ball, he will start attacking his players and coaches, and that is not the right way to do things. Sure he had a right to get frustrated in san fran, but when he gets mad, he does stupid stuff and I hope he doesn't do that in phily. I will wait until he has a bad game, or when phily looses, to see how he then reacts.

Remember that TO loved garcia for awhile, then last year he all of a sudden thought he sucked. Well he didn't suck when he went to the pro bowl.

Moss's Comments

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "PhillyGirl" wrote:
    "muchluv4moss" wrote:

Weird...they must have messed up. Because I even mentioned to my boyfriend something about TO saying that and how Freddie (who is a friend of mine) might get upset that TO called him the undercard...lol

Will freddie finally step up to the plate this year and be the WR he was expected to be coming out of UCLA? I hope so, I really liked him coming out of college. TO should help, a lot more then crappy james thrash did!

Moss's Comments

He never loved Garcia. He always had a problem with him. I remember reading about it a few years back. Andy Reid and McNabb control that team. There will be no TO outbursts. Count on it.

And I don't mean this nonsense the media draws up...like the wearing workout shorts instead of the tights things he was wearing. That was blown up so bad that Reid and TO were making jokes about it (Reid said he'd wear the tights if TO scored 15 TDs...LOL)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast