Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moss's Comments

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Moss's Comments

Wait, I am NOT starting anything here but to whomever said, "LOL well moss catches TDs and he doesnt have the on field issues Like hmmm. the sharpie incident...."

You'd rather have the off field problems with a player? The Sharpie incident is worse than the meter maid incident?

I'm NOT starting anything, its just something that surprised me to read.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Moss's Comments

i like em both and people make mistakes i have made alot but so i dont care most of the people i hang out with got trouble including me so i cant hate
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Moss's Comments

I agree...can't hate either of them for their actions. Both do a ton of good for charity work and are great with kids. That's why that comment surprised me.

Moss is an absolute pleasure to watch play football....as is TO.

Del Rio Guest

Moss's Comments

T.O apparently talks a better game then Moss.

As far as playing a better game that is uncertain. But he definatley showed a lack of class with the way he has handled himself with the 49ers.

Him eluding to the fact that he lets his game do the talking is a joke. I remember not to long ago he basically called his ex-qb gay. Which maybe he is, but that's stuff you don't drag out into the public.

I place him on the same level as keyshawn only T.O. plays a lot better.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Moss's Comments

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Him eluding to the fact that he lets his game do the talking is a joke. I remember not to long ago he basically called his ex-qb ***. Which maybe he is, but that's stuff you don't drag out into the public.
    If Garcia is gay, I want to be gay. Did you see his girlfiriend?
    http://www.playboy.com/playmates/pmoy/pmoy2004/

Anyways, I think all this TO vs Moss is all a bunch of media hype, Let us see who is talking on Tuesday!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

Moss's Comments

"DoubleDown11" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Him eluding to the fact that he lets his game do the talking is a joke. I remember not to long ago he basically called his ex-qb ***. Which maybe he is, but that's stuff you don't drag out into the public.
    If Garcia is ***, I want to be ***. Did you see his girlfiriend?
    http://www.playboy.com/playmates/pmoy/pmoy2004/

Anyways, I think all this TO vs Moss is all a bunch of media hype, Let us see who is talking on Tuesday!
    NJ Governor Jim McGreevey was married with 2 kids when he came out a month ago....

But I agree with the fact that its all media hype..I said the same thing yesterday on here.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Moss's Comments

"Toss2Moss84" wrote:
    Here's what Owens had to say on a Philly radio show today....

Says he does not compare himself to Moss, he does to great receivers like
    Jerry Rice.

States he is an all-around better WR than Moss and says him and Moss have equal ability but he blocks and Moss doesn't.

Says last year he wanted to do better than Moss in the game. That he was
    hurt and Garcia was not getting him the ball, that he was fixated on doing
    better than Moss so that is why he went off on the coach.

Let's hope these comments find their way to Moss before Monday so the Superfreak can show TO how it's done, once again....
    I truly hope Moss hears this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Moss's Comments

Here's the article:

PHILADELPHIA - Terrell Owens claims it doesn't bother him when Randy Moss says he'll be the best receiver on the field Monday night.

Sure sounds like it bothers him.

"I've always given Randy his due," Owens said Thursday. "If he doesn't feel like I'm comparable, that's fine. I would say guys like Jerry Rice or Michael Irvin are the kind of guys I'd go out and compare myself with. If he feels like he's on another planet, that's fine. I'm still very confident in my ability."

Moss told reporters covering the Vikings in Eden Prairie, Minn., that because of the complex defenses teams design to shut him down, he - and not Owens, not Marvin Harrison, not Torry Holt - is the best wide receiver in the NFL.

"You can go to T.O., you can go to Marvin Harrison - you can go through all those high-profile receivers," Moss said. "But nobody sees the coverages that I see.

"The comparison between the two of us next week - there is no comparison."

Moss is the first player in NFL history to record 1,000-yard seasons in each of his first six seasons. Owens has an NFL-leading 54 touchdowns since 2000, including three against the Giants Sunday in his first game with the Eagles.

On Monday night, Moss and Owens will both be in the spotlight when the Eagles and Vikings meet at the Linc in a nationally televised prime-time game. And although they don't play against each other, the comparisons are impossible to avoid.

Especially when Moss announces that there is no comparison.

"That's all fine and dandy," Owens said. "If he is No. 1 in a lot of peoples' eyes, in my eyes, I feel like I'm the best at what I can do out there on the field.

"He can be the best in his own little world all he wants. We just have to go out here and play as a team. I'm very fortunate to play on a great team right now and that's what I'm concentrating on."

Who's the best receiver in football? It's an argument the Eagles have not been part of since Mike Quick's heyday nearly 20 years ago.

There are only a few candidates: Torry Holt, Harrison, Owens, Isaac Bruce and Moss. And in three days, two of them will be on the same field for only the third time.

"When you're confident in your ability and you're confident in yourself, you say different things," Donovan McNabb said. "It's not that [Moss] is downing anybody just because he feels comfortable that he's the No. 1 receiver.

"You should feel you're the best. I feel like I'm the best. You probably feel you're the best reporter. If you don't feel that you're the best, then you really shouldn't be doing your job because no one else cares if you don't care about yourself."

Owens is in his ninth season, Moss in his seventh. Owens has averaged 80 catches, 1,150 yards and 11 touchdowns since becoming a full-time starter in 1997. Moss has averaged 88 catches, 1,396 yards and 13 touchdowns in his career.

Owens' teams have reached the playoffs five out of eight years and averaged 91/2 wins per year. Moss's teams have won 9.3 games per year and gone to the playoffs three times though not since 2000.

"He's had Daunte (Culpepper) throughout his career, so his stats are up there," Owens said. "Had I had a guy like Donovan or Daunte throughout my career, I'm pretty sure my stats would be outstanding as well. And I'm not too far behind in the stat category.

"I know what I bring to the table. The Eagles know what I bring to the table. It's not like I had to audition."

Although Moss has an edge in raw numbers, Owens has an edge with the intangibles.

Owens played the first eight years of his career in San Francisco, a city known for challenging weather conditions much of the fall, and Moss has played all his home games in a dome, where the conditions never change and the surface is a perfect fit for his game.

Owens is also more of a physical across-the-middle receiver, where Moss is happy to just try and out-run corners most of the time. And Owens is a proficient blocker, something Moss isn't known for.

"West Coast Offense receivers have to go across the middle," McNabb said. "I don't know if Randy Moss goes across the middle as much as T.O. They're different types of receivers because they're in different systems. Everybody sees Randy catching a lot of deep balls and routes on the side. Terrell has caught those and more.

"You're talking about two of the best wide receivers in the game. No matter who is No. 1 or whatever rank they are, no one cares once we put on the helmets and shoulder pads."

T.O. VS. RANDY MOSS

TERRELL OWENS

Games: 16
    Catches: 93
    Yards: 1,412
    Avg.: 15.2
    TD: 16

Games: 14
    Catches: 100
    Yards: 1,300
    Avg.: 13.0
    TD: 13

Games: 15
    Catches: 80
    Yards: 1,102
    Avg.: 13.8
    TD: 9

RANDY MOSS

Catches: 82
    Yards: 1,233
    Avg.: 15.0
    TD: 10

Catches: 106
    Yards: 1,347
    Avg.: 12.7
    TD: 7

Catches: 111
    Yards: 1.632
    Avg.: 14.7
    TD: 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Moss's Comments

"That's great, that's all fine and dandy," Owens said. "I've always given Randy his credit and his just due, because he's a great receiver. If he doesn't feel like I'm in comparison to him, that's great.

Owens yesterday.

Guys, the media is blowing up both of their comments. I mean, seriously, Moss' comments are just as bad.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Moss's Comments

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    Wait, I am NOT starting anything here but to whomever said, "LOL well moss catches TDs and he doesnt have the on field issues Like hmmm. the sharpie incident...."

You'd rather have the off field problems with a player? The Sharpie incident is worse than the meter maid incident?

I'm NOT starting anything, its just something that surprised me to read.

Sure. Moss has yet to miss a game for any injuries and more importantly any off field incidents. TO's sharpie incident is a 15 yard penalty that hurts your team. So I say yes I would rather have off filed incidents, rather than on field ones, as long as moss keeps playing games.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast