Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Moss' weight gain (15 lbs.) - Pro or Con?

I don't think he was "just sitting around" with his injured foot. Granted he was resting it, but I think he was probably still working out, at least his upper body strength. I'm sure he wasn't just sittin' at home chillin' drinking some beers and eating potato chips!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mossville is offline Starter

"SKOL" wrote:
    I'm just afraid of the "David Boston Factor". The guys a stud receiver, with all the strength you'd ever want in a wideout. The problem is, the added weight causes a lot of leg injuries.
    15 lbs of muscle is not going to effect him at all. he has a different build than boston which enables him to put on more muscle w/out the "Bulk" factor. Besides, during last years offseason, Kobe Bryant put on 15 lbs of muscle before his basketball campaign and he looked just as quick if not quicker.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I hope you're right Mossville. But the guys always been as skinny as a rail, and still, he's had ankle and foot problems. The ankle doesn't know the difference between muscle or fat, it just knows there's 15 more pounds to support.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

SHOW-TIME is offline Pro-Bowler

it wont matter as long as it is all muscle
    so yeah eatingpieinbed some friends of mine http://www.purevolume.com/eatingpieinbed

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

It is a pro for sure. He was already one of the most durable players in the game. This will only make him stronger, and it is NOT going to have any major effect on his speed.

As far as the David Boston syndrome. Please man...Boston is a head case.

sig courtesy of PPE

johnnyb22 is offline Rookie

Moss's weight gain should help him out. He is so thin that the extra muscle will actually help prevent injuries. And the extra weight shouldn't slow him down. If he was working out he should have been lifting his legs and that will increase his speed. I am sure that he was stretching and running also. Somtimes you lose some speed becaus eyou don't stretch and that makes the muscle shorter. Therefore it shortens your stride. If he lifted properly and and stretched and ran properly he should be in way better shape for the season.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

Hate to burst the Randy is a speed guy bubble, but 4.5 - 40 isn't blazing. Most quick Corners have that kind of speed. What makes randy special is the ability to get the spearation. Carte had it, Rice had it too even when he was no longer fast. you mistake burning someone, or making them think your running one route when your running another with speed.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Mossville is offline Starter

"bigdogbovy" wrote:
    Hate to burst the Randy is a speed guy bubble, but 4.5 - 40 isn't blazing. Most quick Corners have that kind of speed. What makes randy special is the ability to get the spearation. Carte had it, Rice had it too even when he was no longer fast. you mistake burning someone, or making them think your running one route when your running another with speed.
    so the CBs that he blows by when he runs a str8 streak must run a 40 in the 5s? Face it, he is one of the fastest guys in the league.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Mossville" wrote:
    "bigdogbovy" wrote:
    so the CBs that he blows by when he runs a str8 streak must run a 40 in the 5s? Face it, he is one of the fastest guys in the league.

MOSS IS NOT A SPEED GUY???? What WR in the NFL is then, if he isn't? Not sure where you got the 4.5 40 time from, but he is faster than that. Maybe he ran a 4.5 one time, but I bet he ran a sub 4.4 many many more times. Moss is the most dangerous speed WR in the game. What makes him the best, is that he not only has blazing speed, he also has great hands, jumping ability, and awesome body control. Most speed WR's lack the other attributes that Moss has, and that is why they are only average WR's. Saying Moss isn't a speed WR, is like saying bennett isn't a speed RB. Bennett is a track guy, and is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, guys in the NFL. Just because he may be faster than Moss, doesn't mean Moss isn't a speed WR.

As far as the extra weight Moss has put on in the offseason, some of it is due to him resting his foot. Yes, he has been lifting weights and probably has added some upper body strength, but not 15 LBS of it. When he is able to run more, he will loose some of it. I like the added upper body strenght though. We don't need to worry about the whole David Boston syndrom, Moss doesn't have the same body frame as Boston. Moss is wirey and long, where as Boston has a TE body. Moss will never be able to bulk up like Boston, even if he uses steroids like Boston probably did.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"bigdogbovy" wrote:

I found this on Moss's 40 time coming out of college:

" The Herd lost one game in 1998, they certainly would've beaten Bowling Green which means the Herd would've been on a 27-game winning streak before losing to Michigan State in 1999. Along with Deion Sanders, Moss may have been the greatest athlete in our time to play college football. The 6-5 Moss, in college, could leap 39 inches and run the 40 in 4.25. "

So where did the 4.5 come from? I am not positive, but I don't think guys run the 40 once they are in the NFL. If he did run a 40 recently, no way he has went from a 4.25 to a 4.5, maybe on his bad foot. Is Moss slower than the 4.25 he ran at the combine, yes, but he is still one of the fastest WR's in the game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast