Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moss Vs Carter

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Moss Vs Carter

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion

Carter was one of the classiest players in the league.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think my video card must be going out on my computer. It's making some text appear to be completely delusional on my screen.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Moss Vs Carter

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ItalianStallion

I think my video card must be going out on my computer. It's making some text appear to be completely delusional on my screen.

Hey man, the man's a living legend... but then again so is randy...

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Moss Vs Carter

You really are comparing apples and oranges here. I big play guy vs a possession reciever. You might try to compare Moss to Ahmad Reshad or Carter to Jordan. You might remember Jordan a great tight end in the 70's with the Vikings also a possession reciever
    can we clone Bud Grant?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Moss Vs Carter

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LosAngelis

I am sorry, what did he do that was so "unclassy"?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Moss Vs Carter

I am sorry, what did he do that was so "unclassy"?

Well, I did a web search under "Cris Carter" and "crybaby" and this was an article that came up:

All he does is … create problems

Carter could prove to be a fatal signing for Miami
    By Andy Hanacek
    Oct. 23, 2002

I don't like it. For some reason, I just don't like it.

On the one hand, you have the WR-depleted Dolphins (are they really that bad off?), craving another playmaker for their offense and possibly panicking because of injuries to QB Jay Fiedler and WR Oronde Gadsden, making a move that will no doubt help their franchise in the stat books.

On the other hand, you have the TD magnet Cris Carter, whom many NFLers have described as a cancer in the clubhouse who even can be too much of a dictatorial-like leader in the locker room and on the field as well as a Keyshawn-like crybaby when things don't go right.

How do the two meet up? How does this really work, and why would the Dolphins subject their clubhouse to this marriage made in hell?

The risk here isn't worth the reward, because the risk is that there won't be a reward. Sure, Carter will elevate the passing-game potential of Miami. Yes, I know the saying — all he does is catch touchdowns. But in the late stages of his career, catching touchdowns wasn't all he was doing. He was creating problems and teaching the youngsters around him bad habits. Look at Randy Moss. Moss had issues coming into the NFL, but Carter did nothing to teach him how to be a good team player. Carter, quite frankly, taught him the opposite. <snip>

Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Moss Vs Carter

Wow, your right, 1 miami reporter's opinion on a guy he has never met sure changes my whole viewpoint on the 2nd best WR in NFL history.

Moss Vs Carter

Moss is better in my opinon .....although he wouldnt be half the reciever he is now without carters guidance

Moss Vs Carter

Wow, your right, 1 miami reporter's opinion on a guy he has never met sure changes my whole viewpoint on the 2nd best WR in NFL history.

I never argued with "talented" or "productive" or even "valuable". I argued with "classy".

Pleeeeeeease don't tell me you want to to snip the other 750 matches that came up...that's beating a dead horse.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Moss Vs Carter

I think that its hard to compare the two. For me Carter will always be one of my favorite WR's, I could care less if he was a crybaby or not.... he got it done on the field which is all that matters to me. Not to attack you Los, but when you have a QB who is the biggest crybaby ever there's really not a whole lot of room to talk there. Obviously though its all in view point. What I just said about Carter is exactly what you can say about Favre

Moss Vs Carter

I never argued with "talented" or "productive" or even "valuable". I argued with "classy".

Pleeeeeeease don't tell me you want to to snip the other 750 matches that came up...that's beating a dead horse.

Seriously Los, a google search? Give me a break. I am sure if you did the same thing with any superstar in the league you would get the same amount of results or more. I did the exact same search, and got 22 results, most of which said little to nothing about cris carter.

Classy to me is a guy who would lay himself out for a catch. Classy is playing in the last game of the 2001 season, knowing you will not make the playoffs and this is the last game in your career as a viking, but still playing as hard as possible despite having Spergon Wynn s a QB. Don't talk to me a bout classy, especially because of Farve's "roll over" incident against the giants to give Strahan the record for single season sacks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast