Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Moss to Vikes rumors all over Twitter

Marrdro wrote:
    singersp wrote:
    Traveling_Vike wrote:

As annoying as Infidel can be at times with his harping on it, he is right that the O-line in particular needs to go a much better job in pass protection.....
    Been saying that for 5 fucking years here with virtually zero agreement from anyone here once we signed Hutch. People were adamant about it being the QB, whether it was BJ, TJ or Frerotte.

Now that Favre is struggling behind said O-line, the masses are claiming, "HEY! It must be the O-line"
    The OL isn't the issue.

The issue is the rest of the league knows what I know and that is the Noodle can't get the ball deep with any accuracy.

What did we hear when the Noodle was first rumored to be coming........

a. We won't see 8 in the box anymore cause he will stretch the field. - Guess what, we are still seeing 8 in the box.

b. He will make our WR better. Sure, our WR got better, but I still contend that they made the Noodle. Proof is in the pudding, he sure the hell isn't making any of them better this year. Without that big possesion reciever going over the middle catching all the stray balls, they just double BB on the outside and can still flood the box taking PH away and choking up the run.

Don't get me wrong. I like this trade but I don't think Randy is really going to fix the issue we have mostly cause he doesn't like to run the intermediate routes over the middle in traffic. I liked the Jackson trade better (He doesn't shy away from going over the middle) but I still like the trade.

Any time you can get your hands on a WR that can catch anything close to him, its a good thing, especially when you have a OLD ASSED QB that can't throw very accurately.

You guys wanna watch something.....Watch Randy's ypc avg go down just like Berrians did.

That will have nothing to do with the OL.

Lets not forget, We basically have the same OL now as we did when Berrian lead the NFC in ypc avg before the Noodle got here (minus a C that couldn't stop a delayed blitz up the middle and a RT who was a turnstyle). If I'm not mistaken, the line did pretty good then, why shouldn't it now?
    Moss isn't coming.

Brett isn't the biggest problem- The OL is and has been since Childress got here.

End of story.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    ]
    The OL isn't the issue.
    Your hate for Brett ,blinds you Marr.The OL has 40 %,another about 35 % to our shitty Wides and give the rest to your loving diva..Saying OL doesnīt have isuess is just nonsense .
    El underdog.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

El Vikingo wrote:
    What are we gonna supposed to do with Moss ,when Syd recovers ,got a double headed deep thread ? Convert Syd to a slot one? It is a nice patch till week 8 ,I dunno what after ,besides Moss contract musnīt be a bargain
    Moss and El Syd are two different types of recievers. Just like Jackson and Moss are two different types of recievers.

What we will do is line Moss up in BB (The X) position, bench BB and put El Syd were he would normally line up, in two reciever sets.

When we run 3 WR's out there you will put PH in the slot.

What I am specifically curious to see is if we see some 4 WR sets when El Syd gets back......

BB split wide on one side, Randy split wide on the other with either El Syd or PH inside of those two and AD in the backfield.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ]
    The OL isn't the issue.
    Your hate for Brett ,blinds you Marr.The OL has 40 %,another about 35 % to our shitty Wides and give the rest to your loving diva..Saying OL doesnīt have isuess is just nonsense .
    First, I don't hate football players. Hate is reserved for something truely worth hating.

Second. Was the OL good enough last year?

Again, the missing piece this year is El Syd. The staff knows it, just like I know it. Thats why they tried so hard to get Jackson, brought in Baskett and are now gonna go with thier 3rd option, Randy.

They need a big possesion guy to go over the middle.

Seriously, its not that hard to see if you will only quit looking for something other than the Noodle as a solution.

Again, lets not make this out to be the OL.

What we need to be asking ourselves is will Randy go over the middle (and block) like El Syd did, filling the void left by El Syd.

At least until he comes back in a few weeks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    El Vikingo wrote:
    What are we gonna supposed to do with Moss ,when Syd recovers ,got a double headed deep thread ? Convert Syd to a slot one? It is a nice patch till week 8 ,I dunno what after ,besides Moss contract musnīt be a bargain
    Moss and El Syd are two different types of recievers. Just like Jackson and Moss are two different types of recievers.

What we will do is line Moss up in BB (The X) position, bench BB and put El Syd were he would normally line up, in two reciever sets.

When we run 3 WR's out there you will put PH in the slot.

What I am specifically curious to see is if we see some 4 WR sets when El Syd gets back......

BB split wide on one side, Randy split wide on the other with either El Syd or PH inside of those two and AD in the backfield.
    Not against the Randy Dandy trade in fact,anything to help the team winning is ok for me,just curious how Chilly handle the situation when Syd backs.Nice insight btw bud.
    El underdog.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I get why the Vikings want to make this happen, Moss fills a huge need and this may be Favre's final year.

What I can't figure out is why the Patriots make this deal. They want to win now too, I don't think they are throwing in the towel.
    Did you watch the game Monday night? Randy was in full-on "I'm not interested" mode.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

kevoncox wrote:
    It's not the oline. Our Oline is not the best in the league but it's in the top 10. No team has a perfect pocket every play and most plays our oline gives our Qb solid time. It's not the damn oline and I wish people would stop dreaming about a perfect pocket. It doesn't happened. Look at CHi's Oline...they gave up 10 sacks in a game. Eagles? Steelers? etc. It's the damn Qb, this same line looked fantastic last year. Whats more likely....the oline that played well last season or the Qb that didnt come to camp and has been underthrowing and throwing behind WRs???????
    Preach on my brother from another mother.....Preach on.

Zeus wrote:

Did you watch the game Monday night? Randy was in full-on "I'm not interested" mode.

=Z=
    I agree Z, however, sometimes wonder if players, without long term contracts, play the game in a "Safe" mode, when they know they don't have a long term deal.

To me, thats what it looks like alot of players are doing this year.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

No New Contract for Moss

ESPN's Adam Schefter and others are reporting that the Minnesota Vikings won't immediately give receiver Randy Moss a new contract upon completion of a pending trade Wednesday. Instead, Moss will continue to play under the terms of a deal that pays him $6.4 million in 2010 and then expires after the season.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Schefter tweeted the trade's DONE for a 3rd round pick!
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast