Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Moss turns down 84

Gannon: Moss should fit
    BY SEAN JENSEN, Pioneer Press

Former Vikings quarterback Rich Gannon cannot think of a better NFL home for receiver Randy Moss than Oakland. Given his unique perspective — Gannon lives in the Twin Cities during the offseason but plays for the Raiders — he expects Moss to fit nicely with the Silver & Black.

"In Oakland, it's a pretty big yard for guys to run around and play. It's not an organization with a lot of rules and regulations," Gannon said Thursday. "I'm not fooling anybody. That was always an unsettling thing for me in Oakland.

"I was always at odds — whether it be the coach or the general manager, or Mr. Davis," Gannon added, mentioning maverick owner Al Davis. "I'm a big believer in discipline and structure and systems. But there's a lot of cases where guys come into an organization and seem to flourish. Hopefully, that'll be the situation with Randy."

Although his style doesn't mesh with the Raiders, Gannon has flourished in Oakland. In 2002 he led the Raiders to the Super Bowl and was named NFL MVP. Gannon said the Raiders' history appeals to any type of player.

"It's a great organization, with a great history of winning. Mr. Davis is dedicated to winning championships. That's the focus and goal," Gannon said.

Gannon said Moss is "very outspoken" and has "done some crazy things in the past" but added that he knows why the Raiders traded linebacker Napoleon Harris, a seventh overall pick and a seventh round selection in this year's draft for Moss.

"He's a very unique guy," Gannon said of Moss. "You just hope a guy like that learns from his mistakes. But if you look at his track record, you just don't know. But from the Raiders standpoint, you say to yourself, we picked up a franchise player. He's obviously a top 10 player in the NFL. There's no question about that. His abilities are special."

Gannon isn't certain he will have a chance to throw deep balls to Moss next season. He was placed on injured reserve for a second consecutive season after he broke a vertebra in his neck due to a helmet-to-helmet hit by Buccaneers linebacker Derrick Brooks during a game last Sept. 26.

In his absence, the Raiders struggled, losing five consecutive games.

"It would be all speculation at this point," Gannon said of his future. "I had a serious injury. Whether I can play or not, I don't know. I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to play with Randy Moss.

"By no means am I calling it quits. But I want to do the right thing for myself and my family and the organization. So hopefully it'll all work out."

New number: Receiver Jerry Porter, who re-signed with the Raiders on Tuesday, offered to give Randy Moss his No. 84 Raiders jersey. But Moss declined, agent Dante DiTrapano said. Moss instead will wear No. 18, which he wore during training camp with the Vikings his rookie season before switching to No. 84.

sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news...&type=lgns

Man oh man, Moss is going to be back with a VENGEANCE. Dont know how you see it, but I see him taking 18 as saying, " Watch this Vikings." He is going to TEAR IT UP.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Moss turns down 84

It is a new start, and he's going to put the chip on his shoulder again. Trouble is, I don't know if his body will do all it did when he was a rookie.

Oh, and 84 was my high school number, so I couldn't be happier he's changing it!!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Moss turns down 84

[quote="LosAngelis"]It is a new start, and he's going to put the chip on his shoulder again. Trouble is, I don't know if his body will do all it did when he was a rookie.

Oh, and 84 was my high school number, so I couldn't be happier he's changing it!![/quote]

OOOOOOH how cute, just for los.

VikesFan111 is offline Rookie

Moss turns down 84

I will love to watch the Raiders next year...well Randy anyway...I will always love that man!

Moss turns down 84

same here vikesfan same her... I'm gonna miss the excitement he brought to the game... but im sure our new and improved defence will also bring some excitement to the game that we never had...

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Moss turns down 84

No doubt, he'll be miked up during Monday Night Football when the Raiders play.. if they play on Monday night next year.

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Moss turns down 84

I just got done reading where randy said he was tired of the vikling ownership being to cheap to spend the money to improve the teamm!! (hard to argue with that)... I hate Red..
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Moss turns down 84

"DemonicViking" wrote:
    No doubt, he'll be miked up during Monday Night Football when the Raiders play.. if they play on Monday night next year.
    They will now. :wink:

Calmwind is offline Starter

Moss turns down 84

You think him going with his training camp #18 is his way of saying thats his goal for TD's this year? To outdo his best here with us? Just seems to perfect a senario to not consider.
    Del Rio: "Football will go on, better players have left the Vikings, and better players will leave in the future.....the game rolls on."

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Moss turns down 84

i think it is kinda funny. he is all pissy about it and we arent even in the same conference...
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast