Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bono is offline Hall of Famer

Moss Threatening to take it Further?!?!!?

read it, Vikoles. Read it! And yes -if you have an ounce of morality -you will not like it.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"bono" wrote:
    read it, Vikoles. Read it! And yes -if you have an ounce of morality -you will not like it.
    Really? Why is that?

I read it, and I didn't bat an eyelash. DiTrapano was right. Most of what Randy does is blown out of proportion by the Media and the Randy-Haters.

Caine

Caine,
    do you know anything about the NBA (national basketball association)? If so, I'm sure you've heard of Ben Wallace and Ron Artest. Before Wallace got traded to the Pistons last season, he had a history of getting T-ed up (technical fouls) a lot. Because of this, whenever his team would play (trailblazers at the time), referees would watch him closely...quick to "T" him up whenever he so seemingly appeared to get out of hand. It got to the point where if Wallace was just to look at a referee wrong, he was T-ed up, double T-ed up, flagrant fouled up, and thrown out the game. The league had thrown his little acts of outrage out of proportion. And then there's Ron Artest -who, if you've glanced at a sports' site/channel/magazine, would have heard about this season's rumble in Detroit w/ the fans -who has become known for his alleged filthy play, causing him to get T-ed up on a regular. Just as w/ Wallace, things were blown out of proportion. Why? Because the league just didn't like Wallace at the time; can't stand Artest at this current time. And these folks will stop at nothing to smear them. It's the same with Moss. I agree, the :bootyshake: wasn't all that bad. I've seen worst. But, the fact of the matter is that many folks inside the NFL don't like Moss. They'll jump at ANY opportunity to lash out on/about him. They can't stand the guy. Their happiness is his downfall. Their sunset is his dawn. If i'm Moss, i'd be careful. He could end up on the suspension list.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Moss is kind of getting out of hand with his comments, I have no problem with it but he is just fueling the fire. It would say alot if he just dominated and did nothing outrageous on Sunday.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

I agree, Italian

"bono" wrote:
    Caine,
    do you know anything about the NBA (national basketball association)? If so, I'm sure you've heard of Ben Wallace and Ron Artest. Before Wallace got traded to the Pistons last season, he had a history of getting T-ed up (technical fouls) a lot. Because of this, whenever his team would play (trailblazers at the time), referees would watch him closely...quick to "T" him up whenever he so seemingly appeared to get out of hand. It got to the point where if Wallace was just to look at a referee wrong, he was T-ed up, double T-ed up, flagrant fouled up, and thrown out the game. The league had thrown his little acts of outrage out of proportion. And then there's Ron Artest -who, if you've glanced at a sports' site/channel/magazine, would have heard about this season's rumble in Detroit w/ the fans -who has become known for his alleged filthy play, causing him to get T-ed up on a regular. Just as w/ Wallace, things were blown out of proportion. Why? Because the league just didn't like Wallace at the time; can't stand Artest at this current time. And these folks will stop at nothing to smear them. It's the same with Moss. I agree, the :bootyshake: wasn't all that bad. I've seen worst. But, the fact of the matter is that many folks inside the NFL don't like Moss. They'll jump at ANY opportunity to lash out on/about him. They can't stand the guy. Their happiness is his downfall. Their sunset is his dawn. If i'm Moss, i'd be careful. He could end up on the suspension list.
    First off, this is not the NBA - a fact you are no doubt aware of - and the Officials here are under much tighter scrutiny since we play so many fewer games.

Second of all, most of the Moss Incidents occur away from the game. Only a couple have actually happened ON THE FIELD. As you point out, the two jokers in the NBA have a history of ON Court problems.

Third, here's an article that covers the Moss scenario much better. Read this one before replying ----> Moss Story <----

I'm not trying to slam you here, I just don't see things the way you do apparantly.

Caine

I'm not mad at you, Caine. I appreciate your comments on the situation.

"bono" wrote:
    I'm not mad at you, Caine. I appreciate your comments on the situation.
    Oh, and while I heard about Artest...I HATE Basketball at the NBA level. I'd rather watch paint dry. In my opinion, the NBA is the forerunner of poor athlete behaviour (Latrell Spreewell anyone?!?!?).

Now if Moss tried to choke Tice...well, he'd be dead....but THAT would be a big deal. And he would be out of Football for LIFE.

Caine

I agree that if Moss were to chock Tice, he'd be gone...heck, he might be gone six feet under after Tice gets done with him. As far as NBA being not good...rather watch paint dry. I totally disagree. Sure, it's a league with a bunch of overpaid, mediocre players, but hey, the NFL is the same way for the most part. I, however, find pro basketball far more entertaining than prep or college basketball. There's nothing like the real thing, lad.
    Besides, how can you not like a league w/ classy/respectable players like Milwaukee Bucks' Michael Redd, Supersonics' Ray Allen, Spurs' Tim Duncan, Suns' Steve Nash? Think about it.

scorptile is offline Starter

i think what he did at the game was at the game and the fine was ok as well..just cause to some of the players and fans it was actually disgusting the way he did it...but the comment he made and they aired it on espn tonight i thought was really a sign that told the nfl to possible either fine him really big for that one or suspend him with no pay for one game...since obviously he doesnt care about the fans and he doesnt care about the small amount of money they fined him...he only cares about one thing....himself
    proud fan of the SB XLI champions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast