poult is offline Asst. Coach

Moss seeing reduced playing time...........

just read this.........

"
    Vikings hope less is more for Moss

December 9, 2004
    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings coaches hope reducing Randy Moss' workload will help the receiver regain his All-Pro form, beginning Sunday against Seattle.

Moss, who played a token role in two games and missed three others after suffering a partial tear in his right hamstring Oct. 17, has just eight receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown in two games since returning to the lineup.

The seventh-year veteran has battled back problems -- likely due to inactivity -- and stiffness in his injured leg, but only sat out a handful of snaps each of the last two weeks.

Vikings coach Mike Tice said he wants to use Moss on fewer than 50 plays on Sunday.

``It'll be hard to do with him, but I talked to him about it for two days, and hopefully we can come up with some type of plan to keep his plays under 50, just so he's got more juice when we call upon him,' Tice said.

Tice, who said Wednesday that Moss was ``90-something percent' healthy, said Moss hadn't suffered a setback in his recovery.

Moss has 34 catches for 465 yards and nine touchdowns in nine games this season."

hope it works.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Anything to get him back to top form in time for the playoffs...that is when we need him to shine!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

I agree! I even have said it would have been a better idea to just wait it out until 100% So we dont have him this season maybe get him in the playoffs! We are a team and the team should step up!Our offense should not revolve around randy moss! if hes healthy great! throw to him 75% of the time but have a solid backup plan!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

I am going to be a moron for a moment.

I say we rest all of our starters by spelling them through out the game so we can be healthy for the playoffs. Heck we should be able to win two games and make the playoffs doing that.

OK that was an idiotic idea.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    I agree! I even have said it would have been a better idea to just wait it out until 100% So we dont have him this season maybe get him in the playoffs! We are a team and the team should step up!Our offense should not revolve around randy moss! if hes healthy great! throw to him 75% of the time but have a solid backup plan!
    I really think some is better than none. He needs to be able to put the game face on and step it up when needed. Being on the field is what is going to keep him in the game mentally.

Not saying he isn't good enough to step on the field and play with out it. But if he is not facing set backs. Moss wants to be part of the team. It is hard to feel that way in street clothes.