Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Moss' Press Conference

Moss will continue to tear up the league while we are stuck with marcus robinson......

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Moss' Press Conference

"XTAP59" wrote:
    Moss will continue to tear up the league while we are stuck with marcus robinson......
    Skip Bayless wrote:

Davis' trade with Minnesota was the Reverse Herschel. Moss will do for the Raiders what the Vikings thought a fading Herschel would do for them. And Davis stole Moss for no more than the seventh pick in the draft, along with a late-rounder and a linebacker who hasn't made the Pro Bowl and won't -- Napoleon Harris.

I spoke Thursday to an AFC defensive coordinator whose team plays the Vikings next season. He asked not to be quoted by name, but said: "Our coaches breathed a sigh of relief because we were already discussing how to stop Randy Moss. He makes the entire team better -- the other receivers, the running game, even the defense. That Raider defense won't be playing from behind so much next season. I don't care if the Vikings draft Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards. They just won't be as dangerous. I cannot believe they gave away Randy Moss."

Congratulations, Red (Faced) McCombs. You agreed to sell your Vikings to a group headed by Reggie Fowler, pending league approval. Fowler said he would not trade Moss. But you gave Moss away. Then you told reporters on Thursday that you considered firing your coach, Mike Tice, near the end of last season to help motivate Moss and jump-start your team.

Now you tell us. What a lame attempt to reduce your blame. What a low blow for the team you're selling. Now you've wrecked what little authority Tice has left.

McCombs should have fired Tice and kept Moss. Tice tried to buddy up to Moss instead of commanding his respect. Moss surely knew that Tice is your basic offensive line coach masquerading as a head coach.

The rest of the story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/050304

If you are a Vikings Fan in denial, you won't want to read it.
    Sounds like a version of truth to me.

snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Moss' Press Conference

John CLayton wrote:

He give it a 4 out of 4 stars for the Raiders and 1 out of 4 stars for the Vikings.

John Clayton's analysis: for Raiders; for Vikings.
    The move: The Vikings trade WR Randy Moss to the Raiders for LB Napoleon Harris, the No. 7 overall pick in the 2005 draft and another pick in the draft.

The upside
    Raiders: The Raiders' three-receiver set with Moss, Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry should be one of the most explosive in the NFL. The Raiders will now be bombs away with Kerry Collins at quarterback. Moss' presence should add about a touchdown a game to the Raiders offense.
    Vikings: They didn't get full value for Moss, one of the game's best players. Napoleon Harris will probably be used as a strong-side linebacker. That gives him a chance to blitz a little bit more, much like his days at Northwestern. The addition of Harris gives the Vikings an impressive core of young, mobile middle linebackers -- Harris, E.J. Henderson and Dontarrious Thomas. They have size and speed at that position.

The downside: Adding another big ego to the Raiders' locker room could be a problem if the team gets off to a bad start. Say what you want about Moss, he's used to winning. He's also used to having his own way. Only winning can keep this ship happy. The key to the trade for the Vikings was obviously the No. 7 overall pick in the draft. They could use it on a receiver such as Mike Williams, or they could trade up a spot or two and get Braylon Edwards. But the Vikings mission this offseason is to improve the defense and they did it here at the expense of the offense.

Clayton's take: The Raiders won this big time. They traded a decent strong-side linebacker for a difference-maker. If the Vikings get a receiver with the seventh pick, he won't have Randy Moss' game-breaking potential.

dauntefan is offline Training Camp

Moss' Press Conference

I don't get it....Moss says he wants to win and is tired of losing....so he goes to the Raiders?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Moss' Press Conference

Skip Bayless is one of the worst sportswriters I have ever read. He wrote such crap when the Cowboys were winning, and hasn't stopped in the last ten years. He writes whatever he thinks will get him attention.

I would trust Pete Prisco's judgement before Bayless's.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Moss' Press Conference

"dauntefan" wrote:
    I don't get it....Moss says he wants to win and is tired of losing....so he goes to the Raiders?
    His perception of winning is obviously distorted! Now the teams in thier Division are going to have to step up their efforts to stop him. But, the Raiders are not going to win anything major with the squad that they have.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456