Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

I picked #1.. With that said, I would love to see Randy Moss return if for any other reason is because opposing defenses didn't really know how to plan for him which made our offense #1..

If he could fit back into our system like he did when he was here before, then I would welcome him back with open arms.. I however highly doubt that he would ever return to Minnesota after what happened to him last time..

Del Rio Guest

"Benet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:
    I doubt that he would come back. But if he did, I would welcome that SOB with open arms!! Despite all of the drama that was around Randy, he was class act with his people and people that he really cared about.

I don't care what anyone says about Randy. His off the field stuff, was just that off the field. When it came time to play, he played. Hurt, he played. Sure he may have made that comment about "taking a play off or two". Big Deal! He played when the game was on the line.

But all of this is wasted chatter, Randy will not come back to Minny.
    am i the only one who remembers the washington game?
    That is one of the single-most overblown criticisms of any player in any sport that I've ever seen. To win that game we had to recover an onside kick and take it to the house in a single play. Even IF we recovered the onside kick, there'd be no option but to call a Hail Mary against a prevent defence that would probably play with 11 defensive backs.

Oh, did I mention we had to recover the onside kick inside 2 seconds?

Please, there's more chance of me banging Jessica Alba tonight than there was of the Vikings winning that game. I'm sorry, but it was over long before that kick was even taken. So he left the sideline and went to the locker room, could they not call him back if we won possession?

Sorry for launching this all at you Mr. Woo, but it annoys me how often this instance is brought up as an example of Moss's poor character.

I'd've thought running over a parking attendant and giving her a lift on the hood of your car for a block would be much worse.
    If you had one play and you needed a TD..........what reciever in the NFL would you want to throw to for a jump ball?

Seriously WTF.............
    Come on man, you know as well as I do that recovering an onside kick is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL. I can't be bothered to find the statistics, but I bet it's pretty low. And you cannot honestly tell me that an expected Hail Mary, even with Moss, would work against triple coverage sitting 20 yards back from the line of scrimmage.

It was a bad call on Moss's part to walk away, I agree. But to use that as a reason to prevent him from coming back, if it were to ever even become a possibility of happening, is weak.
    Do you watch football?

The percentage is actually pretty high. So high in fact the NFL has changed the rules this season to make it harder and more safe for the players.

It's not weak. You have one second and you need a TD to win. The question is simple do you want Randy Moss on the field? One play to decide the game do you.....want......RANDY MOSS on the field?

Again it wasn't possible we had a penalty on the play so there wasn't even one second.

The reasoning about "Well damn there was only one second blah blah blah is total Horseshit." Games have been won in 1 second over and over, and in that situation you want Randy Moss on the field end of story.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

well IF hes received well at the raider game coming up, and IF players like Birk and others who played with him convince Childress, and IF Wilf opens his wallet and IF the vikings have a QB plus a QB that wouldnt mind playing with Moss and IF all the planets align perfectly for a miracle to happen and IF life is discovered on Mars ...then MAYBE he would play for the vikings again, as much as i want to see him in purple again, its highly unlikey to impossible to happen.

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"Benet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:
    I doubt that he would come back. But if he did, I would welcome that SOB with open arms!! Despite all of the drama that was around Randy, he was class act with his people and people that he really cared about.

I don't care what anyone says about Randy. His off the field stuff, was just that off the field. When it came time to play, he played. Hurt, he played. Sure he may have made that comment about "taking a play off or two". Big Deal! He played when the game was on the line.

But all of this is wasted chatter, Randy will not come back to Minny.
    am i the only one who remembers the washington game?
    That is one of the single-most overblown criticisms of any player in any sport that I've ever seen. To win that game we had to recover an onside kick and take it to the house in a single play. Even IF we recovered the onside kick, there'd be no option but to call a Hail Mary against a prevent defence that would probably play with 11 defensive backs.

Oh, did I mention we had to recover the onside kick inside 2 seconds?

Please, there's more chance of me banging Jessica Alba tonight than there was of the Vikings winning that game. I'm sorry, but it was over long before that kick was even taken. So he left the sideline and went to the locker room, could they not call him back if we won possession?

Sorry for launching this all at you Mr. Woo, but it annoys me how often this instance is brought up as an example of Moss's poor character.

I'd've thought running over a parking attendant and giving her a lift on the hood of your car for a block would be much worse.
    If you had one play and you needed a TD..........what reciever in the NFL would you want to throw to for a jump ball?

Seriously WTF.............
    Come on man, you know as well as I do that recovering an onside kick is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL. I can't be bothered to find the statistics, but I bet it's pretty low. And you cannot honestly tell me that an expected Hail Mary, even with Moss, would work against triple coverage sitting 20 yards back from the line of scrimmage.

It was a bad call on Moss's part to walk away, I agree. But to use that as a reason to prevent him from coming back, if it were to ever even become a possibility of happening, is weak.
    Exactly, I agree with Benet.

Even if we would have recovered an onside kick, were not going to catch a hail mary pass with the defense sitting back waiting for us to throw a bomb.
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

For my two pennyworth - for his ability level yes I'd be happy to see him back. However for many and varied reasons I don't think that the Vikes would want any potential baggage that could come with his return to Minny.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Slade" wrote:
    Childress would not take him back. As much as I would love to see him again, it won't happen. Childress only wants players who are hard workers & good locker room presence. He does not want any distractions. I see Moss going somewhere like Atlanta

Earlier this spring Randy gave an interview and it came out that when the Vikings were trying to trade Randy he (Randy) contacted Atlanta to see if they had any interest in him and the General Manager said there was no way Randy would ever play on his team.

The Vikings do not play the same style of offense as they did when Randy was here, and I do not think he would do that well in a West Coast Offense.

And I do not think that Childress would be Ok with having Randy on the team.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Do you watch football?

The percentage is actually pretty high. So high in fact the NFL has changed the rules this season to make it harder and more safe for the players.

It's not weak. You have one second and you need a TD to win. The question is simple do you want Randy Moss on the field? One play to decide the game do you.....want......RANDY MOSS on the field?

Again it wasn't possible we had a penalty on the play so there wasn't even one second.

The reasoning about "Well gol 'darnit there was only one second blah blah blah is total Horseshit." Games have been won in 1 second over and over, and in that situation you want Randy Moss on the field end of story.
    The reasoning about only having one second isn't total horseshit. It's being realistic. There's no chance you can recover an onside kick and have the play called dead before one second ticks off the clock. It would literally go:

Onside kick.

Recovery..

End of.

And yes I know the clock doesn't start until someone recovers it, but that player would have to go down less than a second before the clock runs out, and I'm pretty sure, for someone who "doesn't watch football", that NFL clocks don't count in anything less than a second.

Let's get this straight, I'm not saying Moss did the right thing by walking off early. I'm just saying that whole "Redskins Incident" has been blown way out of proportion. The fact that it was mentioned on here BEFORE anyone even thought of the "Traffic Cop Incident" really surprised me. If I didn't want Moss back in Minnesota, that would be my number 1 reason. Not some forgettable action he made at the end of a game we had already lost.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Do you watch football?

The reasoning about "Well gol 'darnit there was only one second blah blah blah is total Horseshit." Games have been won in 1 second over and over, and in that situation you want Randy Moss on the field end of story.
    The reasoning about only having one second isn't total horseshit. It's being realistic. There's no chance you can recover an onside kick and have the play called dead before one second ticks off the clock. It would literally go:

Onside kick.

Recovery..

End of.

And yes I know the clock doesn't start until someone recovers it, but that player would have to go down less than a second before the clock runs out, and I'm pretty sure, for someone who "doesn't watch football", that NFL clocks don't count in anything less than a second.

Let's get this straight, I'm not saying Moss did the right thing by walking off early. I'm just saying that whole "Redskins Incident" has been blown way out of proportion. The fact that it was mentioned on here BEFORE anyone even thought of the "Traffic Cop Incident" really surprised me. If I didn't want Moss back in Minnesota, that would be my number 1 reason. Not some forgettable action he made at the end of a game we had already lost.
    Well it's obviously not forgettable if we are still talking about it here.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Del Rio Guest

"Benet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Do you watch football?

Onside kick.

Recovery..

End of.

Actually the kick wasn't done with 1 second remaining. There was one second left after it unfolded.

Now don't go acting like there was no time:
    "there'd be no option but to call a Hail Mary against a prevent defence that would probably play with 11 defensive backs."

And if that scenerio unfolded like you layed out, which is possible you would want Randy Moss on the field.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"PurplePride80" wrote:

Exactly, I agree with Benet.

Even if we would have recovered an onside kick, were not going to catch a hail mary pass with the defense sitting back waiting for us to throw a bomb.
    i think that is one of the worste posts in PPO history.

so you're telling me that if it looks unlikely that a hail mary pass would work, that you should not even try it?

give me a break. turn on espn classics and look at some of those amazing game ending plays and tell me they should have just packed it in and said "we'll most likely not get this, so lets just go home instead!"

sure. maybe moss would not have caught a pass with triple coverage on him. but that opens it up for maybe nate burleson or marcus robinson. moss still would have an impact.

but please dont tell me it was okay to give up, because not giving up, is one of the things that make sports and game ending situations so freakin amazing.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast