Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

"JellyBean2144" wrote:
    I doubt that he would come back. But if he did, I would welcome that SOB with open arms!! Despite all of the drama that was around Randy, he was class act with his people and people that he really cared about.

I don't care what anyone says about Randy. His off the field stuff, was just that off the field. When it came time to play, he played. Hurt, he played. Sure he may have made that comment about "taking a play off or two". Big Deal! He played when the game was on the line.

But all of this is wasted chatter, Randy will not come back to Minny.
    am i the only one who remembers the washington game?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Would I? Yes
    Will he? No.
    This is exactly how I feel.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

To be honest, yes I would want him back but to reiterate what most everyone else is saying, it's not gonna happen.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Childress would not take him back. As much as I would love to see him again, it won't happen. Childress only wants players who are hard workers & good locker room presence. He does not want any distractions. I see Moss going somewhere like Atlanta

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"mr.woo" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:
    I doubt that he would come back. But if he did, I would welcome that SOB with open arms!! Despite all of the drama that was around Randy, he was class act with his people and people that he really cared about.

I don't care what anyone says about Randy. His off the field stuff, was just that off the field. When it came time to play, he played. Hurt, he played. Sure he may have made that comment about "taking a play off or two". Big Deal! He played when the game was on the line.

That is one of the single-most overblown criticisms of any player in any sport that I've ever seen. To win that game we had to recover an onside kick and take it to the house in a single play. Even IF we recovered the onside kick, there'd be no option but to call a Hail Mary against a prevent defence that would probably play with 11 defensive backs.

Oh, did I mention we had to recover the onside kick inside 2 seconds?

Please, there's more chance of me banging Jessica Alba tonight than there was of the Vikings winning that game. I'm sorry, but it was over long before that kick was even taken. So he left the sideline and went to the locker room, could they not call him back if we won possession?

Sorry for launching this all at you Mr. Woo, but it annoys me how often this instance is brought up as an example of Moss's poor character.

I'd've thought running over a parking attendant and giving her a lift on the hood of your car for a block would be much worse.

Del Rio Guest

"Benet" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:

That is one of the single-most overblown criticisms of any player in any sport that I've ever seen. To win that game we had to recover an onside kick and take it to the house in a single play. Even IF we recovered the onside kick, there'd be no option but to call a Hail Mary against a prevent defence that would probably play with 11 defensive backs.

Please, there's more chance of me banging Jessica Alba tonight than there was of the Vikings winning that game. I'm sorry, but it was over long before that kick was even taken. So he left the sideline and went to the locker room, could they not call him back if we won possession?

Sorry for launching this all at you Mr. Woo, but it annoys me how often this instance is brought up as an example of Moss's poor character.

I'd've thought running over a parking attendant and giving her a lift on the hood of your car for a block would be much worse.
    If you had one play and you needed a TD..........what reciever in the NFL would you want to throw to for a jump ball?

Seriously WTF.............

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

"Benet" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:

- I agree that the Skins had that game in the bag, but what kind of message does that show the rest of the team when he leaves? You stay & support your squad until the final whistle regardless of score. Its called respect & there is no "I" in team. Thats just how Randy is.....and thats why we will never see him in purple & gold again.

Del Rio Guest

We got a penalty on the play. The ball changed possession and that is the reason we had 1 second left on the clock the penalty killed it.

There was no chance.

I just don't get how someone can say we only had one play yadda yadda yadda and Randy Moss is arguably the most Dangerous reciever in the NFL. That makes it even MORE BULLSHIT he walked off. It's not like Cris Walsh walked off.......it was the best WR on the field.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:

If you had one play and you needed a TD..........what reciever in the NFL would you want to throw to for a jump ball?

Seriously WTF.............
    Come on man, you know as well as I do that recovering an onside kick is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL. I can't be bothered to find the statistics, but I bet it's pretty low. And you cannot honestly tell me that an expected Hail Mary, even with Moss, would work against triple coverage sitting 20 yards back from the line of scrimmage.

It was a bad call on Moss's part to walk away, I agree. But to use that as a reason to prevent him from coming back, if it were to ever even become a possibility of happening, is weak.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

I wouldn't use that Washington game as the sole reason why I wouldn't want Moss back but it definately would be on the list of why I hated his character. I would not take Moss back at any point or for any price.

Thanks Josdin

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast