Warning: Non-static method VBSHOUT_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/vbshout/hooks/global_start.php on line 16

Warning: Non-static method INFOPANELS_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/infopanels/hooks/global_start.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49
Moss, a possible return to the Vikings? - Page 12


Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 122
  1. #111
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    I'm going to go and say this; we're not going to be a pound-the-ball team. Childress himself has said that he wants our pass-to-run ratio to be 60-40. In that respect, it doesn't matter what Bevell says because Childress will be the one calling the plays.

    I also hate the idea that we're running the West Coast Offense. It hasn't been the WCO since Holmgren and the rest of Bill Walsh's coaching staff took the system and augmented it with their own ideas. The need to label what we're doing as the WCO because nobody can think of another name for it really annoys me. Hell, even calling it the MIDWest Offense would be a start.

  2. #112
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Benet" wrote:
    I'm going to go and say this; we're not going to be a pound-the-ball team. Childress himself has said that he wants our pass-to-run ratio to be 60-40. In that respect, it doesn't matter what Bevell says because Childress will be the one calling the plays.

    I also hate the idea that we're running the West Coast Offense. It hasn't been the WCO since Holmgren and the rest of Bill Walsh's coaching staff took the system and augmented it with their own ideas. The need to label what we're doing as the WCO because nobody can think of another name for it really annoys me. Hell, even calling it the MIDWest Offense would be a start.
    Well when the head coach calls it a WCO what is everyone supposed to call it? If it looks like a WCO and it smells like a WCO it must be a WCO. :lol:

  3. #113
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    ...and where there is a simulated bare naked braided hairy jiggly butt mooning green bay fans there is Del Rio eating a microwave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off and where there is a Del Rio eating a mocrowave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off is a pygmy starving in New Guinea.
    Now there's a mental image I could have done without. :grin: And that poor pygmy...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #114
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    ...and where there is a simulated bare naked braided hairy jiggly butt mooning green bay fans there is Del Rio eating a microwave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off and where there is a Del Rio eating a mocrowave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off is a pygmy starving in New Guinea.
    Now there's a mental image I could have done without. :grin: And that poor pygmy...
    You could have lived without it........but now that you know it exsists...it isn't likely. :lol:

  5. #115
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Benet" wrote:
    I'm going to go and say this; we're not going to be a pound-the-ball team. Childress himself has said that he wants our pass-to-run ratio to be 60-40. In that respect, it doesn't matter what Bevell says because Childress will be the one calling the plays.

    I also hate the idea that we're running the West Coast Offense. It hasn't been the WCO since Holmgren and the rest of Bill Walsh's coaching staff took the system and augmented it with their own ideas. The need to label what we're doing as the WCO because nobody can think of another name for it really annoys me. Hell, even calling it the MIDWest Offense would be a start.

    He also said he wants to ram it down the opponents throat at the beginning of the game until they are having their way with them (football reference not sex reference Cajun) and then they will use the pass to tear them apart. He wants a smash mouth team and that was the reason he got Hutchinson and beefed up the O-line to play that way.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    915

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    Just call it the MidwestCoast offence and we can all be happy. Or better yet dont call it anything since no one can agree on what the offence is supposed to be called. It doesnt really matter because it will(it should) change from game to game depending on the teams they play.
    You republican whore!

  7. #117
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Just call it the MidwestCoast offence and we can all be happy. Or better yet dont call it anything since no one can agree on what the offence is supposed to be called. It doesnt really matter because it will(it should) change from game to game depending on the teams they play.
    The offense will not change. The plays may change, but not the offense.

  8. #118
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    Just call it the MidwestCoast offence and we can all be happy. Or better yet dont call it anything since no one can agree on what the offence is supposed to be called. It doesnt really matter because it will(it should) change from game to game depending on the teams they play.
    The offense will not change. The plays may change, but not the offense.
    You got that right. It isn't going to be Childress over there in the sand saying ok guys looks like they are doing this so HEY hand me that stick.......you go here you go here......

    There are hundreds of plays for every situation in the offense and defense. If your playing a cover 2, your playing a cover 2. If your a WCO team your a WCO team.

    There are plays in every package designed to counter anything your opponent throws at you with the exception of maybe the 46 defense.

  9. #119
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    ...You got that right. It isn't going to be Childress over there in the sand saying ok guys looks like they are doing this so HEY hand me that stick.......you go here you go here......
    Isn't that what Tice did with his pencil? Oh, forget it, I don't recall him doing any game-time adjustments.

  10. #120
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    ...You got that right. It isn't going to be Childress over there in the sand saying ok guys looks like they are doing this so HEY hand me that stick.......you go here you go here......
    Isn't that what Tice did with his pencil? Oh, forget it, I don't recall him doing any game-time adjustments.
    Pretty sure I saw him pick his butt once or twice.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings' Return Man
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:39 PM
  2. Vikings' return man
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 03:48 AM
  3. Vikings Return To Camp 08/12/07
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 06:12 AM
  4. Should the Vikings Try Lowber as a Return Guy?
    By Jarlvik2006 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 09:15 PM
  5. (Merged) the return of moss to the north?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 07:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •