Warning: Non-static method VBSHOUT_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/vbshout/hooks/global_start.php on line 16

Warning: Non-static method INFOPANELS_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/infopanels/hooks/global_start.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49
Moss, a possible return to the Vikings? - Page 12

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

I'm going to go and say this; we're not going to be a pound-the-ball team. Childress himself has said that he wants our pass-to-run ratio to be 60-40. In that respect, it doesn't matter what Bevell says because Childress will be the one calling the plays.

I also hate the idea that we're running the West Coast Offense. It hasn't been the WCO since Holmgren and the rest of Bill Walsh's coaching staff took the system and augmented it with their own ideas. The need to label what we're doing as the WCO because nobody can think of another name for it really annoys me. Hell, even calling it the MIDWest Offense would be a start.

Del Rio Guest

"Benet" wrote:
    I'm going to go and say this; we're not going to be a pound-the-ball team. Childress himself has said that he wants our pass-to-run ratio to be 60-40. In that respect, it doesn't matter what Bevell says because Childress will be the one calling the plays.

I also hate the idea that we're running the West Coast Offense. It hasn't been the WCO since Holmgren and the rest of Bill Walsh's coaching staff took the system and augmented it with their own ideas. The need to label what we're doing as the WCO because nobody can think of another name for it really annoys me. Hell, even calling it the MIDWest Offense would be a start.
    Well when the head coach calls it a WCO what is everyone supposed to call it? If it looks like a WCO and it smells like a WCO it must be a WCO. :lol:

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Del Rio" wrote:
    ...and where there is a simulated bare naked braided hairy jiggly butt mooning green bay fans there is Del Rio eating a microwave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off and where there is a Del Rio eating a mocrowave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off is a pygmy starving in New Guinea.
    Now there's a mental image I could have done without. :grin: And that poor pygmy...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Del Rio Guest

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    ...and where there is a simulated bare naked braided hairy jiggly butt mooning green bay fans there is Del Rio eating a microwave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off and where there is a Del Rio eating a mocrowave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off is a pygmy starving in New Guinea.
    Now there's a mental image I could have done without. :grin: And that poor pygmy...
    You could have lived without it........but now that you know it exsists...it isn't likely. :lol:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:

He also said he wants to ram it down the opponents throat at the beginning of the game until they are having their way with them (football reference not sex reference Cajun) and then they will use the pass to tear them apart. He wants a smash mouth team and that was the reason he got Hutchinson and beefed up the O-line to play that way.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Just call it the MidwestCoast offence and we can all be happy. Or better yet dont call it anything since no one can agree on what the offence is supposed to be called. It doesnt really matter because it will(it should) change from game to game depending on the teams they play.
    You republican whore!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"PurpleRide" wrote:
    Just call it the MidwestCoast offence and we can all be happy. Or better yet dont call it anything since no one can agree on what the offence is supposed to be called. It doesnt really matter because it will(it should) change from game to game depending on the teams they play.
    The offense will not change. The plays may change, but not the offense.

Del Rio Guest

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    The offense will not change. The plays may change, but not the offense.
    You got that right. It isn't going to be Childress over there in the sand saying ok guys looks like they are doing this so HEY hand me that stick.......you go here you go here......

There are hundreds of plays for every situation in the offense and defense. If your playing a cover 2, your playing a cover 2. If your a WCO team your a WCO team.

There are plays in every package designed to counter anything your opponent throws at you with the exception of maybe the 46 defense.

Prophet Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    ...You got that right. It isn't going to be Childress over there in the sand saying ok guys looks like they are doing this so HEY hand me that stick.......you go here you go here......
    Isn't that what Tice did with his pencil? Oh, forget it, I don't recall him doing any game-time adjustments.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    ...You got that right. It isn't going to be Childress over there in the sand saying ok guys looks like they are doing this so HEY hand me that stick.......you go here you go here......
    Isn't that what Tice did with his pencil? Oh, forget it, I don't recall him doing any game-time adjustments.
    Pretty sure I saw him pick his butt once or twice.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast