Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 122
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    915

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "vike_mike" wrote:
    I would welcome him, but he won't come here. The WCO is not to his suiting. He is going to try and go to Atlanta. They don't want him though. He wanted to play with Vick I heard last week on Jim Rome show.
    what offence does Atlanta use? WCO. Childress said this year the team will still have to go vertical from time to time. WCO does not limit the team to five yard passes.
    You republican whore!

  2. #102
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    I would welcome him, but he won't come here. The WCO is not to his suiting. He is going to try and go to Atlanta. They don't want him though. He wanted to play with Vick I heard last week on Jim Rome show.
    what offence does Atlanta use? WCO. Childress said this year the team will still have to go vertical from time to time. WCO does not limit the team to five yard passes.
    They may call it a WCO, but when you run the ball more then you pass your not a WCO.

    RUSHING - 531
    PASSING - 451

    Compare that to a true WCO team like the Eagles
    RUSHING 365
    PASSING 620

  3. #103
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    I would welcome him, but he won't come here. The WCO is not to his suiting. He is going to try and go to Atlanta. They don't want him though. He wanted to play with Vick I heard last week on Jim Rome show.
    what offence does Atlanta use? WCO. Childress said this year the team will still have to go vertical from time to time. WCO does not limit the team to five yard passes.
    They may call it a WCO, but when you run the ball more then you pass your not a WCO.

    RUSHING - 531
    PASSING - 451

    Compare that to a true WCO team like the Eagles
    RUSHING 365
    PASSING 620
    ATL does not run a true WCO, but then again, I doubt we will be either. Childress already stated that he would install a WCO that utilized the run more. One funny thing about ATL, 102 of those runs were Vicks, and I highly doubt they were all called runs. Put those numbers into the Pass column for "Called a pass but Vick's primary reciever was covered, so he ran because he sucks at reciever progression", and it is a little closer. :grin:

    Philly is definately a true WCO, passing the ball twice as much as running the ball. They would utilize screens and flat passes the way most teams use the run.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #104
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    People are so bent on labeling the offensive and defensive schemes that it gets nauseating. Sure, the plan is to have a WCO and a Cover 2 implemented this year, but there will be plenty of variations in place and naming the schemes just leads to confusion. Many O and D schemes are variations with high graded portions of the systems developed into a new hybrid that fits the players abilities and the philosophy of the coaching stafff.

  5. #105
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "PurpleRide" wrote:
    "vike_mike" wrote:
    I would welcome him, but he won't come here. The WCO is not to his suiting. He is going to try and go to Atlanta. They don't want him though. He wanted to play with Vick I heard last week on Jim Rome show.
    what offence does Atlanta use? WCO. Childress said this year the team will still have to go vertical from time to time. WCO does not limit the team to five yard passes.
    They may call it a WCO, but when you run the ball more then you pass your not a WCO.

    RUSHING - 531
    PASSING - 451

    Compare that to a true WCO team like the Eagles
    RUSHING 365
    PASSING 620
    ATL does not run a true WCO, but then again, I doubt we will be either. Childress already stated that he would install a WCO that utilized the run more. One funny thing about ATL, 102 of those runs were Vicks, and I highly doubt they were all called runs. Put those numbers into the Pass column for "Called a pass but Vick's primary reciever was covered, so he ran because he sucks at reciever progression", and it is a little closer. :grin:

    Philly is definately a true WCO, passing the ball twice as much as running the ball. They would utilize screens and flat passes the way most teams use the run.
    If the Queen has balls she would be a king.

    You are either a WCO or you are not lol. You either rely on the run as your bread and butter or you rely on the pass to move the chains.

    The argument is Moss wanted to go to a WCO offense team. That team is no where near a WCO. If they say they want to be more WCO I imagine they are talking about short passing for Vick because he is a horrible passer.

    Short passes do not equal WCO.

  6. #106
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    People are so bent on labeling the offensive and defensive schemes that it gets nauseating. Sure, the plan is to have a WCO and a Cover 2 implemented this year, but there will be plenty of variations in place and naming the schemes just leads to confusion. Many O and D schemes are variations with high graded portions of the systems developed into a new hybrid that fits the players abilities and the philosophy of the coaching stafff.
    The instant it becomes a variation is isn't what it was.

    If you run a WCO your going to pass way more then you run. Your going to line up in 2 TE sets or 2 RB sets and your going to spread the field by using your HB's and TE's in a mixture of deep routes and short flat routes to the sidelines.

    So either you are or your not. You can't say well I'm going to play a WCO but we are going to run alot. LMAO! Probably would have been better to have the coach not say WCO to begin with. Although from recent interviews he seems a bit paranoid with keeping things secret in order to avoid his opponents getting an edge.

    Not wanting to tell a reporter about someones sprained ankle because the opponents can use that against him. I wouldn't be surprised if his use of the term WCO is nothing more then a ploy. He may want people to get focused on that and then come out of the gates running.

  7. #107
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    People are so bent on labeling the offensive and defensive schemes that it gets nauseating. Sure, the plan is to have a WCO and a Cover 2 implemented this year, but there will be plenty of variations in place and naming the schemes just leads to confusion. Many O and D schemes are variations with high graded portions of the systems developed into a new hybrid that fits the players abilities and the philosophy of the coaching stafff.
    The instant it becomes a variation is isn't what it was.

    If you run a WCO your going to pass way more then you run. Your going to line up in 2 TE sets or 2 RB sets and your going to spread the field by using your HB's and TE's in a mixture of deep routes and short flat routes to the sidelines.

    So either you are or your not. You can't say well I'm going to play a WCO but we are going to run alot. LMAO! Probably would have been better to have the coach not say WCO to begin with. Although from recent interviews he seems a bit paranoid with keeping things secret in order to avoid his opponents getting an edge.

    Not wanting to tell a reporter about someones sprained ankle because the opponents can use that against him. I wouldn't be surprised if his use of the term WCO is nothing more then a ploy. He may want people to get focused on that and then come out of the gates running.
    Good for him. Tice was one step away from putting the entire playbook online.

    That's my point. WTF is it? A WCO or not? I could care less what they call it, maybe a modified WCO Hairless Childress? A playbook should be based on some known winners, but with the flexibility to develop plenty of strategies, bends, and twists that wouldn't fall into someone's pre-named system (no, I'm not falling into the Spurrieresque style of coaching). Subtle and dynamic changes that fit into a core overall general scheme that may not neatly fit into some label that currently exists.

    What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, Moss back to the Vikings. Amazing that ~70% of the voters in this thread want him back. I could really care less what he does, as long as I get a deal on a smoothie when I stop by his business.

  8. #108
    petrodemos's Avatar
    petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    664

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    well atlanta owner didnt want moss and i doubt hes changed his mind, so Baltimore is the best place as of right now for him, i think he would extend Mcnairs career a little bit.

    ...though dallas could be a real possibility, terry glenn and TO are the only WR on that team that have started any nfl games.

    or if brooks throws the deep ball over and over like culpepper did, he could very well stay in oakland.

  9. #109
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    People are so bent on labeling the offensive and defensive schemes that it gets nauseating. Sure, the plan is to have a WCO and a Cover 2 implemented this year, but there will be plenty of variations in place and naming the schemes just leads to confusion. Many O and D schemes are variations with high graded portions of the systems developed into a new hybrid that fits the players abilities and the philosophy of the coaching stafff.
    The instant it becomes a variation is isn't what it was.

    If you run a WCO your going to pass way more then you run. Your going to line up in 2 TE sets or 2 RB sets and your going to spread the field by using your HB's and TE's in a mixture of deep routes and short flat routes to the sidelines.

    So either you are or your not. You can't say well I'm going to play a WCO but we are going to run alot. LMAO! Probably would have been better to have the coach not say WCO to begin with. Although from recent interviews he seems a bit paranoid with keeping things secret in order to avoid his opponents getting an edge.

    Not wanting to tell a reporter about someones sprained ankle because the opponents can use that against him. I wouldn't be surprised if his use of the term WCO is nothing more then a ploy. He may want people to get focused on that and then come out of the gates running.
    Good for him. Tice was one step away from putting the entire playbook online.

    That's my point. WTF is it? A WCO or not? I could care less what they call it, maybe a modified WCO Hairless Childress? A playbook should be based on some known winners, but with the flexibility to develop plenty of strategies, bends, and twists that wouldn't fall into someone's pre-named system (no, I'm not falling into the Spurrieresque style of coaching). Subtle and dynamic changes that fit into a core overall general scheme that may not neatly fit into some label that currently exists.

    What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, Moss back to the Vikings. Amazing that ~70% of the voters in this thread want him back. I could really care less what he does, as long as I get a deal on a smoothie when I stop by his business.
    I am going to say it is not going to be a WCO. I think they will run quite a bit if for no other reason then to help protect Brad Johnson.

    This thread was about chocolate dipped crickets and how tasty they aren't, but someone brought Moss up out of the blue as usual.....what is that you say? His name is in the title? Oh why am I even posting in this ass-soup of a thread?

    Oh yeah someone was saying Moss wouldn't want to play here because of the WCO, and then someone said He wanted to play in Atlanta and they are WCO then I said no they aren't and someone said "uh huh" and I said "nu uh" which is funny because in the end the Eagles play one of the most "pure" WCO offenses in the entire NFL and TO managed to do just fine there.

    So whoever is saying the WCO doesn't cater to Moss if probably mistaken because WCO is all passing and where there is passing there is catching and where there is catching there are receivers and where there are receivers there is Randy Moss and where there is Randy Moss there is a simulated bare naked braided hairy ass mooning green bay fans and where there is a simulated bare naked braided hairy ass mooning green bay fans there is Del Rio eating a microwave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his ass off and where there is a Del Rio eating a mocrowave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his ass off is a pygmy starving in New Guinea.

    Lord I apologize......

  10. #110
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Moss, a possible return to the Vikings?

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    People are so bent on labeling the offensive and defensive schemes that it gets nauseating. Sure, the plan is to have a WCO and a Cover 2 implemented this year, but there will be plenty of variations in place and naming the schemes just leads to confusion. Many O and D schemes are variations with high graded portions of the systems developed into a new hybrid that fits the players abilities and the philosophy of the coaching stafff.
    The instant it becomes a variation is isn't what it was.

    If you run a WCO your going to pass way more then you run. Your going to line up in 2 TE sets or 2 RB sets and your going to spread the field by using your HB's and TE's in a mixture of deep routes and short flat routes to the sidelines.

    So either you are or your not. You can't say well I'm going to play a WCO but we are going to run alot. LMAO! Probably would have been better to have the coach not say WCO to begin with. Although from recent interviews he seems a bit paranoid with keeping things secret in order to avoid his opponents getting an edge.

    Not wanting to tell a reporter about someones sprained ankle because the opponents can use that against him. I wouldn't be surprised if his use of the term WCO is nothing more then a ploy. He may want people to get focused on that and then come out of the gates running.
    Good for him. Tice was one step away from putting the entire playbook online.

    That's my point. WTF is it? A WCO or not? I could care less what they call it, maybe a modified WCO Hairless Childress? A playbook should be based on some known winners, but with the flexibility to develop plenty of strategies, bends, and twists that wouldn't fall into someone's pre-named system (no, I'm not falling into the Spurrieresque style of coaching). Subtle and dynamic changes that fit into a core overall general scheme that may not neatly fit into some label that currently exists.

    What was this thread about again? Oh yeah, Moss back to the Vikings. Amazing that ~70% of the voters in this thread want him back. I could really care less what he does, as long as I get a deal on a smoothie when I stop by his business.
    I am going to say it is not going to be a WCO. I think they will run quite a bit if for no other reason then to help protect Brad Johnson.

    This thread was about chocolate dipped crickets and how tasty they aren't, but someone brought Moss up out of the blue as usual.....what is that you say? His name is in the title? Oh why am I even posting in this jiggly butt-soup of a thread?

    Oh yeah someone was saying Moss wouldn't want to play here because of the WCO, and then someone said He wanted to play in Atlanta and they are WCO then I said no they aren't and someone said "uh huh" and I said "nu uh" which is funny because in the end the Eagles play one of the most "pure" WCO offenses in the entire NFL and TO managed to do just fine there.

    So whoever is saying the WCO doesn't cater to Moss if probably mistaken because WCO is all passing and where there is passing there is catching and where there is catching there are receivers and where there are receivers there is Randy Moss and where there is Randy Moss there is a simulated bare naked braided hairy jiggly butt mooning green bay fans and where there is a simulated bare naked braided hairy jiggly butt mooning green bay fans there is Del Rio eating a microwave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off and where there is a Del Rio eating a mocrowave burrito in his underwear drinking beer and laughing his jiggly butt off is a pygmy starving in New Guinea.

    Lord I apologize......
    Confirmed. It takes 6,549 Moss threads to get Del Rio to crack.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings' Return Man
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:39 PM
  2. Vikings' return man
    By HEY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 03:48 AM
  3. Vikings Return To Camp 08/12/07
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 06:12 AM
  4. Should the Vikings Try Lowber as a Return Guy?
    By Jarlvik2006 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 09:15 PM
  5. (Merged) the return of moss to the north?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 07:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •