Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Moss is most definately maturing

Moss
    Randy Moss isn't going to let a lingering case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot slow down the pain the Vikings' offense hopes to inflict on opposing defensives. Mike Tice is stressing yards after the catch, in which the Vikings finished second to the Chiefs last season. Moss finished fifth among wide receivers with 439 yards after the catch, and he's added 15 pounds to better fight through tackles. Moss even paid $10,000 to buy a coaches' computer, which allows him to download breakdowns of every play. Six teammates followed Moss' lead and made similar purchases.

You can't tell me that this is not a sign that he has matured as a player... he is no longer just sitting back saying "I'm the best" he's starting to work at becoming better.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Moss is most definately maturing

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Moss
    Randy Moss isn't going to let a lingering case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot slow down the pain the Vikings' offense hopes to inflict on opposing defensives. Mike Tice is stressing yards after the catch, in which the Vikings finished second to the Chiefs last season. Moss finished fifth among wide receivers with 439 yards after the catch, and he's added 15 pounds to better fight through tackles. Moss even paid $10,000 to buy a coaches' computer, which allows him to download breakdowns of every play. Six teammates followed Moss' lead and made similar purchases.

You can't tell me that this is not a sign that he has matured as a player... he is no longer just sitting back saying "I'm the best" he's starting to work at becoming better.

He started this improvement last year. Last summer, he spent the offseason working out at the Vikings facility for the first time, and really tried to lead by example. I remember reading articles saying that he was often the first one there, and the last to leave. You saw the results last year. For the first time in NFL history, a WR averaged 100 yards and a TD per game for an entire season. I think the fact that he's now working on both the mental and physical aspects of his game is another sign of good things to come.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Moss is the ideal reciever now, he's matured, he plays through tough injury's with nary a peep of complaint, he's still a deep threat, but he can also be a possesion guy, and he's even gaining weight to be more of a bruiser as well. Moss most certainly is Boss.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

He'll break 2000 yards and 22 tds this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

What kind of computer cost 10 000 dollars, that is insane.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    What kind of computer cost 10 000 dollars, that is insane.
    My only guess is that there is some hefty imaging capability built into those things. That does seem like a lot.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

I am impressed more with randy doesn't say now. He didn;t complain durning the fall last year and he is working.

Moss is Boss baby

By the time he's finished they'll all be wearing gold plated diapers
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Purplebleeder is offline Training Camp

What kind of computer costs 10,000? .. whoever asked that question MUST have known that among the purple faithful, there HAD to be some geeks....Allow me to break it down for you all. Hehehehehehe.....

First off, computers are run by a chip known as the CPU or Central Processing Unit. Most of us have only encountered what is known as the single processor chip. For almost anything that most people need to do, one processor is more than enough.

There are computers that have dual proccesors, and while we are at it, the so called super computers have many more. They work in parallel - sometimes they are known as parallel proccesors. Anyway, these monster machines can munch numbers at MORE THAT TWICE the speed of a single proccesor.

Why would anyone want dual procs? Well...think about this - have you ever surfed two web pages at the same time? Probably. Each time you open a browser, the CPU is making decisions regarding memory and so on, on the fly. Open two pages and the CPU has more things to handle.

What if the applications were memory hogs? Like for example video applications where you are viewing multiple video files? Well, on a normal single proccesor machine, what would happen is that the images would slow down as the CPU manages the memory allocation from one video file to another.

Enter the Dual procs - they can handle all that memory intensive apps like you were opening a small file AND because of the mathematics of how the memory and proccessing is handled, you can do all kinds of fancy thing with the video files - like slow motion replay and freeze frame as if you had two or three VCR's and remotes.

Randy and the others probably got a nice Dell Dual Proc 3 or 4 gig chipset with build in parallel busses, and mega memory in RAM's (guessing 3 or 4 Gigs at least), plus you add in the flat panel displays and realistically, 10 grand is probably a steal for one of them babies.

In case anyone is interested in obtaining one of these monster machines - it won't seem any different surfing the web or writing your memoirs (or playing solitaire, for that matter). Besides...an extra 9 grand could come in handy for purchasing Vikings Season tickets.

Hope that helps.....I feel better now.
    A Viking Fan(atic)

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Wow...I guess Moss's learning curve actually has a curve in it after all! I always pictured it kind of like the Great Plains. Now, it looks more like a speed bump.

At this rate, he should the ultimate team player by the time he is 86 years old.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

bigdogbovy is offline Asst. Coach

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Wow...I guess Moss's learning curve actually has a curve in it after all! I always pictured it kind of like the Great Plains. Now, it looks more like a speed bump.

At this rate, he should the ultimate team player by the time he is 86 years old.
    Los you know yopu would love to have a reciever as good as Burelson on the pack let alone a robinson or moss. So make fun al you want.
    de43540278a8c8500baf55c07109eb7e

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast