Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Moss-less Vikings will be better than Raiders?

"happy camper" wrote:
    "raiderbill70" wrote:
    As Vikings fans, I'll ask you......was Moss really that much of a distraction, because I'll tell you this much I, for one, am growing tired of hearing about how much of a distraction Moss was to your team.

How much of a distraction was Moss?

1998: Randy Moss' rookie year he caught passes for 1313 yards and 17 TDs in the regular season. In the Vikings' two post season games he averaged one TD and 74 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Falcons 30-27 in the NFCC.

1999: In the regular season Moss accounted for 1413 yards and 11 TDs. In the Vikings' two post season games, he averaged 1.5 TD's and 157.5 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Rams 49-37 in the NFC DIV PO.

2000: In the regular season Moss accounted for 1437 yards and 15 TDs. In the Vikings' two post season games, he averaged 1 TD and 69.5 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Giants 41-0 in the NFCC.

2004: In the regular season Moss accounted for 767 yards in 13 games and 13 TDs. In historical fashion, the Vikings' two post season games....Moss averaged 1 TD and 60 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Eagles 27-14 in the NFC DIV PO.

November of 1999, Moss was fined $10,000 for excessive verbal abuse of a side judge.

January 2000, Moss was initially fined $40,000 for squirting a field judge with a bottle of water...the fine was later reduced to $25,000.

October 2000, Moss tugged on an official's arm and bumped his facemask to the official's hat got him a $40,000 fine which is later reduced to $30,000.

In 2004, we're all aware of the mock-moons over Green Bay costing Mr. Moss $10,000 in "straight cash homie".

Now I listed instances in which the Vikings were in the playoffs, was it Moss' antics that cost the Vikings those games? You be the judge.

Later.
    is there a stat for the times the offense had a bad series, and while everyone was looking at photos and talking to coaches, moss went and sat by himself on the other bench? (ive been to a few games, seen it happen)

is there a stat for how many times moss ran at half speed after the first quarter because the offense wasnt doing well and he didnt get enough balls thrown his way?

where in your stats does it show the time he walked back to the line of srimmage during a hurrey up offense?(against the bears last season, at chicago. note: it may have been a different game, but im pretty sure)

how bout the time he jumped halfway in the air and halfassed trying to catch the ball, and then it fell into the arms of the defender? (i think this was against carolina, a couple years ago, right after he said "i play when i wanna play")

take the stats and shove 'em.

simply, the vikings are better whithout him, and the raiders are better with him. but just wait until after the honneymoon season to evaluate moss' character in oakland (see: terrel owens first year vs his second year in philly.)

Well put!

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

"happy camper" wrote:
    "raiderbill70" wrote:
    As Vikings fans, I'll ask you......was Moss really that much of a distraction, because I'll tell you this much I, for one, am growing tired of hearing about how much of a distraction Moss was to your team.

1998: Randy Moss' rookie year he caught passes for 1313 yards and 17 TDs in the regular season. In the Vikings' two post season games he averaged one TD and 74 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Falcons 30-27 in the NFCC.

1999: In the regular season Moss accounted for 1413 yards and 11 TDs. In the Vikings' two post season games, he averaged 1.5 TD's and 157.5 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Rams 49-37 in the NFC DIV PO.

2000: In the regular season Moss accounted for 1437 yards and 15 TDs. In the Vikings' two post season games, he averaged 1 TD and 69.5 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Giants 41-0 in the NFCC.

2004: In the regular season Moss accounted for 767 yards in 13 games and 13 TDs. In historical fashion, the Vikings' two post season games....Moss averaged 1 TD and 60 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Eagles 27-14 in the NFC DIV PO.

November of 1999, Moss was fined $10,000 for excessive verbal abuse of a side judge.

January 2000, Moss was initially fined $40,000 for squirting a field judge with a bottle of water...the fine was later reduced to $25,000.

October 2000, Moss tugged on an official's arm and bumped his facemask to the official's hat got him a $40,000 fine which is later reduced to $30,000.

In 2004, we're all aware of the mock-moons over Green Bay costing Mr. Moss $10,000 in "straight cash homie".

Now I listed instances in which the Vikings were in the playoffs, was it Moss' antics that cost the Vikings those games? You be the judge.

Later.
    is there a stat for the times the offense had a bad series, and while everyone was looking at photos and talking to coaches, moss went and sat by himself on the other bench? (ive been to a few games, seen it happen)

is there a stat for how many times moss ran at half speed after the first quarter because the offense wasnt doing well and he didnt get enough balls thrown his way?

where in your stats does it show the time he walked back to the line of srimmage during a hurrey up offense?(against the bears last season, at chicago. note: it may have been a different game, but im pretty sure)

how bout the time he jumped halfway in the air and halfassed trying to catch the ball, and then it fell into the arms of the defender? (i think this was against carolina, a couple years ago, right after he said "i play when i wanna play")

simply, the vikings are better whithout him, and the raiders are better with him. but just wait until after the honneymoon season to evaluate moss' character in oakland (see: terrel owens first year vs his second year in philly.)
    You saved me from making a post. I was going to say the exact same thing. :lol:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"happy camper" wrote:
    "raiderbill70" wrote:

Later.

Also add that before the NFC Championship game against the Giants, Moss got into an argument with the security guards because they would not let his buddies onto the field during the game. He was screaming at everybody, and when he did not get his way he pouted and had one of his worst games as a pro.

And it says right in the article that he was causing problems in the locker room!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

i dont think the raiders will make the playoffs. look at the confrence too many good teams. and i also think the vikes will be better then them.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I thought I'd already posted this, but I don't see it so here goes again:

I see the Raiders starting out hot, like 5-1, 6-0 maybe. Everyone will be talking Raiders SB, but then the bad defense catches up with them as their offense actually struggles through a couple games and they lose 3-4 in a row. They can't recover from the slide and finish at 8-8, 9-7 at best missing the playoffs, and finishing 3rd in their division behind the Chiefs and Chargers.

The Vikes, on the other hand I see starting similar, but not as strong (I have a bad feeling about the Atlanta game). Maybe 4-2, 5-2, but remaining consistent throughout the year, finishing with 11-12 wins and securing a first round bye in the playoffs, possibly homefield advantage throughout.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I see the Raiders going 7-9. You just can't win more with that bad of a defense IMO. The offense is very good, but not good enough to carry the team to playoffs. You raider fans can play patty-cake with Moss for a year, but wait till he gets pouty.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

a player like moss will help you win games, no doubt. at best, i see the raiders winning 8 games. they're in the toughest division in my estimation. (raiders, chargers, cheifs, and broncos)

they'll win a few games. 3-4 of them will be blowouts, probably. offense wins games, not championships. i think the vikings have proven that.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

pigskinronin is offline Starter

I don't think I can agree with the statement that the Vikings are a better team w/o Moss. It's been said over and over again --- but really try to imagine the team we have now... with Moss on it. We would be minus Williamson, but would have probably grabbed some other defensive stud with the 7th pick.

Is the VIKING team better than last years? Without a doubt in my mind.

I live in California and see pretty much all the Raider games on tv. To me... they look a lot like the Vikings --- at least the formula they just got away from (great offense, terrible defense). The major difference - Kerry Collins is nowhere near the playmaker Culpepper is. Also, IMO the Raider defense will be worse than the Vikings' defense of recent years (if that's possible).

The Raiders will miss the playoffs; they will be 3rd in the division behind Chargers and Chiefs. I don't see them getting a wild card due to strength of the AFC.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"pigskinronin" wrote:
    I don't think I can agree with the statement that the Vikings are a better team w/o Moss. It's been said over and over again --- but really try to imagine the team we have now... with Moss on it. We would be minus Williamson, but would have probably grabbed some other defensive stud with the 7th pick.

Is the VIKING team better than last years? Without a doubt in my mind.

I live in California and see pretty much all the Raider games on tv. To me... they look a lot like the Vikings --- at least the formula they just got away from (great offense, terrible defense). The major difference - Kerry Collins is nowhere near the playmaker Culpepper is. Also, IMO the Raider defense will be worse than the Vikings' defense of recent years (if that's possible).

If we didn't trade Moss we wouldn't have the seventh pick to pick a defensive stud. I still think the Raiders can make the wild card spot.
    I think we will be better this year than the last few.
    The Raiders will miss the playoffs; they will be 3rd in the division behind Chargers and Chiefs. I don't see them getting a wild card due to strength of the AFC.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

pigskinronin is offline Starter

"ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    If we didn't trade Moss we wouldn't have the seventh pick to pick a defensive stud. I still think the Raiders can make the wild card spot.
    I think we will be better this year than the last few.
    Great point. I missed that one. Maybe no Travis Taylor then --- LB free agency pick up instead? Just random, useless thinking I'm doing.

I'm very happy with our team. Please don't take my comments wrong. I'm one of the group that's loves the Williamson pick over Williams. I'm excited about what we are seeing from Travis Taylor --- being aggressive and fighting for those extra yds!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast