Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    raiderbill70 is offline Waterboy

Moss-less Vikings will be better than Raiders?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9069498/

Later.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Moss-less Vikings will be better than Raiders?

There is no doubt in my military mind that we will be better! :wink:

Prophet Guest

This is a ridiculous media slant that is annoying. Moss is a great receiver and the Vikings have made improvements to their team. The success or failure of the team cannot be directly related to whether Moss is there or Moss isn't there. There are too many confounding variables. These 'journalists' need to use their brain before writing this garbage.

raiderbill70 is offline Waterboy

As Vikings fans, I'll ask you......was Moss really that much of a distraction, because I'll tell you this much I, for one, am growing tired of hearing about how much of a distraction Moss was to your team.

How much of a distraction was Moss?

1998: Randy Moss' rookie year he caught passes for 1313 yards and 17 TDs in the regular season. In the Vikings' two post season games he averaged one TD and 74 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Falcons 30-27 in the NFCC.

1999: In the regular season Moss accounted for 1413 yards and 11 TDs. In the Vikings' two post season games, he averaged 1.5 TD's and 157.5 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Rams 49-37 in the NFC DIV PO.

2000: In the regular season Moss accounted for 1437 yards and 15 TDs. In the Vikings' two post season games, he averaged 1 TD and 69.5 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Giants 41-0 in the NFCC.

2004: In the regular season Moss accounted for 767 yards in 13 games and 13 TDs. In historical fashion, the Vikings' two post season games....Moss averaged 1 TD and 60 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Eagles 27-14 in the NFC DIV PO.

November of 1999, Moss was fined $10,000 for excessive verbal abuse of a side judge.

January 2000, Moss was initially fined $40,000 for squirting a field judge with a bottle of water...the fine was later reduced to $25,000.

October 2000, Moss tugged on an official's arm and bumped his facemask to the official's hat got him a $40,000 fine which is later reduced to $30,000.

In 2004, we're all aware of the mock-moons over Green Bay costing Mr. Moss $10,000 in "straight cash homie".

Now I listed instances in which the Vikings were in the playoffs, was it Moss' antics that cost the Vikings those games? You be the judge.

Later.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

raiders suck and they have no chance of winning in the afc. we will be at least 10-6 this and I wish we still had randy. we would be 12-4 for sure if he was still around.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Excellent article from a man speaking with is brains rather than his heart.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

That was a good article. The Raiders will improve this year. Probalby wild card. They are a year or two from meeting the Vikings in the Super Bowl, after the Vikes have racked up a Super Bowl win or two.

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

Definatly agree with Shane it was a good article. I think Vikings will easily be better than the Raiders, Collins will have 4-6 good games the rest will be medioaker or really bad he's never shown any consistancy.

While I do think Moss is one of the best recivers in the league and not to take away anything that he has done cause he helped us win a lot of games, but I am kinda glad hes gone. It just seemed like the entire sucsess of the team revolved around Randy, if he didn't score within the first 2 quarters we were screwed. It will be interesting to see how Culp does without having to worry about getting Randy going. I think it will help Him and the team a lot.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"raiderbill70" wrote:
    As Vikings fans, I'll ask you......was Moss really that much of a distraction, because I'll tell you this much I, for one, am growing tired of hearing about how much of a distraction Moss was to your team.

How much of a distraction was Moss?

1998: Randy Moss' rookie year he caught passes for 1313 yards and 17 TDs in the regular season. In the Vikings' two post season games he averaged one TD and 74 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Falcons 30-27 in the NFCC.

1999: In the regular season Moss accounted for 1413 yards and 11 TDs. In the Vikings' two post season games, he averaged 1.5 TD's and 157.5 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Rams 49-37 in the NFC DIV PO.

2000: In the regular season Moss accounted for 1437 yards and 15 TDs. In the Vikings' two post season games, he averaged 1 TD and 69.5 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Giants 41-0 in the NFCC.

2004: In the regular season Moss accounted for 767 yards in 13 games and 13 TDs. In historical fashion, the Vikings' two post season games....Moss averaged 1 TD and 60 yards per game. The Vikings lost to the Eagles 27-14 in the NFC DIV PO.

November of 1999, Moss was fined $10,000 for excessive verbal abuse of a side judge.

January 2000, Moss was initially fined $40,000 for squirting a field judge with a bottle of water...the fine was later reduced to $25,000.

October 2000, Moss tugged on an official's arm and bumped his facemask to the official's hat got him a $40,000 fine which is later reduced to $30,000.

In 2004, we're all aware of the mock-moons over Green Bay costing Mr. Moss $10,000 in "straight cash homie".

Now I listed instances in which the Vikings were in the playoffs, was it Moss' antics that cost the Vikings those games? You be the judge.

Later.
    is there a stat for the times the offense had a bad series, and while everyone was looking at photos and talking to coaches, moss went and sat by himself on the other bench? (ive been to a few games, seen it happen)

is there a stat for how many times moss ran at half speed after the first quarter because the offense wasnt doing well and he didnt get enough balls thrown his way?

where in your stats does it show the time he walked back to the line of srimmage during a hurrey up offense?(against the bears last season, at chicago. note: it may have been a different game, but im pretty sure)

how bout the time he jumped halfway in the air and halfassed trying to catch the ball, and then it fell into the arms of the defender? (i think this was against carolina, a couple years ago, right after he said "i play when i wanna play")

take the stats and shove 'em.

simply, the vikings are better whithout him, and the raiders are better with him. but just wait until after the honneymoon season to evaluate moss' character in oakland (see: terrel owens first year vs his second year in philly.)
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

i would also like to point out that the vikings have not been a good come from behind team in years past. why? because when he were down by 20, teams instantly knew where we were gonna go. to moss. they were able to put us in a box and bury us because they knew who we'd target.

what was the one come from behind game we had last year? against the lions. who wasnt playing? moss.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast