Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 75 of 75

Thread: Moss interview

  1. #71
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Moss interview

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I expect if you acted like a thug at work you would get fired regardless of what your hair looked like.
    You guys are missing my point. Most casual sports fans didn't really hear about AI pulling that gun on someone. They merely saw him and were like: thug.
    The thing to me Randy is this, If I were to apply to a lawfirm and I had tattooes all over my arms and neck and a shaved head there is no way I would get the job. Am I a skin head? Nope. This isn't an issue of race. It is an issue of stereotyping appearances. Hell if I'm a white guy wearing basketball shorts sagging off my jiggly butt and I have tattoos on my legs and piercings with dreads your going to be looked at differently.

    I'm not buying the race issue. And the fact that this is sports, and it has almost become a fad to have the cornrows, to have the tattooes I think it plays even less of a role.

    A white family is out for a dinner, a big black guy with cornrows walks by tats all over. Are they nervous? Hell yes.

    Same family is out for dinner, a big white guy with shaved head and tats walk by. Are they nervous? Hell yes.

    A man should be judged by his actions, regardless of appearance. And Randy has done enough to be judged in a negative light by some. The media and T.O and Randy. I think the only difference is TO embraces the media Moss does not. So in essence TO is making them more money.

    I probably am missing the point. I personaly just wouldn't call this racism. Because it happens to people of all color.
    Can't argue with that post.

    But it is an issue. All I'm asking is that you all at least be concious of it.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  2. #72
    Vikes's Avatar
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,733

    Re: Moss interview

    Well about Randy ripping Pep..I don't buy it. He has a new teammate K Collins he has to say something postive about the guy. He can't go yea my new QB sucks..hey how come I'm not getting the ball.
    300

    The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

    300

  3. #73
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Moss interview

    "Vikes" wrote:
    Well about Randy ripping Pep..I don't buy it. He has a new teammate K Collins he has to say something postive about the guy. He can't go yea my new QB sucks..hey how come I'm not getting the ball.
    Exactly. The media just twisted it as hard as they could.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

  4. #74
    happy camper's Avatar
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,445

    Re: Moss interview

    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Vikes2611" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Vikes2611" wrote:
    Arguements about him on this board are pointless and a waste of time we could be admiring our amazing team we have before us. For the love of God Viking fans, MOVE ON!
    Ok. Its funny you say one thing and do the complete opposite.
    Isn't it? Yea I kind of contradicted myself but you have to admit ultra, we need to move on bro.
    I have moved on.

    And I hope that one day you learn something about the world.

    His shyness and his confidence are two completely seperate things. And to deny that the fact that he talks with a southern drawl and has cornrows has no effect on how people see him isn't an omission of the 'race card,' but omission of fact.

    But that's ok. I hope your daughter brings home a dark black man with cornrows. Let's see if you can avoid playing the 'race card.'
    hmm.. maybe the way people percieve moss is not because of his cornrows, but because he was quoted as saying "whats 10,000 to me?" or maybe "next time ill pull out my dick"

    :roll:
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

  5. #75
    TroyWilliamson is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    204

    Re: Moss interview

    I wish we still had randy moss, he is the best wideout in the NFL

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Similar Threads

  1. Randy Moss interview
    By arialassault84 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 01:34 AM
  2. Moss has interview with HBO
    By arialassault84 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 01:55 AM
  3. Culpepper Interview about Moss...
    By VikesFan111 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 10:47 PM
  4. moss interview
    By TheAnimal93 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 02:48 PM
  5. Moss speaks! Moss opens up in an interview
    By whackthepack in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 06:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •