Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Moss Hobbled 3 to 4 More Weeks

A Twin Cities station, Channel 4, just reported that an MRI revealed that Moss has a slight tear of the hamstring. It will take 3 to 4 weeks. They didn't say that he's completely out, just that it will take that long to heal.

I found the article:

Moss has test on injured hamstring
    Last Update: 11/4/2004 8:54:57 PM

Tom Pelissero
    KFAN dot com

EDEN PRAIRIE – Randy Moss underwent a diagnostic MRI on Thursday to evaluate the progress of his injured right hamstring.

It was the first such test that Moss, who has played just 11 snaps in the Vikings’ last two games, has undergone since suffering the injury Oct. 17 at New Orleans.

Moss has a slight tear in the hamstring, an injury that is expected to keep him below full speed for three to four more weeks.

Vikings coach Mike Tice hasn’t revealed whether Moss will suit up Monday night at Indianapolis, although teammates and coaches indicated Thursday that they are preparing as though he won’t play.

“We’ve been a little blessed and lucky to this point (that Moss) hasn’t taken a step backwards,” Tice said. “At a certain point, you’re not going to maintain that luck, so we have to be very smart.”

Moss left the Vikings’ training facility before practice Thursday afternoon.

The Vikings’ offense has struggled to find an identity without its top weapon the last two weeks. The remaining, healthy receivers – a group that should include Marcus Robinson, who practiced Thursday despite a sprained foot – must step up their production Monday against a depleted Colts secondary.

“We’ve got a little bit of pride on the line,” said Nate Burleson, the Vikings’ leading receiver with 31 catches for 418 yards. “With Moss being out, it’s really up to us to prove that we can make this offense tick.

“Marcus, myself and Kelly Campbell got to go out there and make plays so that we don’t have anybody questioning (the unit’s) talent without Randy.”

Moss has 26 receptions for 394 yards and a team-high eight touchdowns this season.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings | Moss Sits Out, May Not Play -
    Thu, 4 Nov 2004 17:48:51 -0800

Minnesota Vikings WR Randy Moss (hamstring) did not practice Thursday, Nov. 4, and it appears the team is inclined to let him sit out their Week 9 game. He had an MRI done Thursday and is listed as questionable for the game. Head coach Mike Tice continues to reiterate that Moss has not suffered any setbacks.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Crap...and crap!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

man, that sucks. I swear, if it werent for all of these injuries this year we COULD be 7-0. We are lucky to be 5-2, we have had so many backups stup up like woah!
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Man i just hope he plays the packers game and makes a difference unlike the past two games. THis season with injuries just sucks. :angryfire:

man the offense has to step up real big this time or itll be all over before you know it.

For some reason i had a feeling moss was going to get hurt before the season. Turns out i was right. :angryfire:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

I kept on saying that we should have sat him right after the Saints game. He would probably have been making him return on Monday Night and we would still have the same record, but a healthy Moss for the rest of the year. The coaches are so stupid on our team, damnit. If we dont make the playoffs, we can blame the coaching staff.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

He better play in the packers game! I didn't pay 300 bucks for two tickets to not see him run by all their DBs!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Foreman44 is offline Starter

One question: Why would the team wait almost 3 weeks after this hamstring injury to actually do an MRI?

Am I missing something here or am I correct in assuming most teams would have had him evaluated immediately after the injury?

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

doesnt it figure? the coaches must have let moss slip them a mickey or something. i agree with the missing something, what the heck is going on? i know you have to try and dupe your next opponent but i would not get ready for moss, and the giants didnt look like they had too much of a game plan for 84. so why risk the most explosive player in the game hobble around for weeks before doing what should have been done 10 minutes after the game vs. N.O.? but dont give up the ship, moss is a gamer.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Tice insists that Moss' playing sparingly has not set back his recovery at all. I've only seen him jogging, I can't imagine it's done too much to affect his bad hammy.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast