Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Moss back in Minny

Obviously we've beat Moss leaving MN to death, and even speculation of his return. With PFT spouting off about Randy wanting out of New England, it got me thinking some... what would it take to get Chilly to bring someone like Moss aboard given his past with TO?

What do you think? "If" Favre were to play again next season, do you believe he has the pull to get Chilly to bring him in?

What about Syd and AD? Frankly Berrian isn't doing a great job at pulling a safety out of the box and I'd be surprised if he was even on the team next year. I'm sure Syd would love more single coverage and someone like Randy may also help him learn to fully use his size.

What about Zygi? We can argue back and forth whether Brett was brought in just to sell tickets or not but the fact is he does sell tickets, the same could be said for Moss. Do you see Zygi forcing it on Moss?

One last discussion point... is Moss the same sort of malcontent that TO was, that Chilly experience? TO is more of an extrovert. When he's upset EVERYONE knows it and he gets everyone riled up... Moss is more of an introvert... his malcontent is often seen in energy level and effort versus verbal confrontations. It would seem theoretically his is easier to contain to maintain a solid locker room.

I'm curious what the collective thoughts of PPo are regarding what it would take for Chilly to bring in Moss.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Moss back in Minny

We all know how much Moss respects Favre. We all know how much the fans still adore Moss. Favre wanted Moss in Green Bay. This would be good for sales. Moss is still my favorite Viking. Reason I started watching the Vikes. My only thought is that I think Chill and Belecheat have issues with each other. Would love to see it happen though. We need a deep threat. Berrian is hurt all the time.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I thought we just had this thread a few months ago?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

BTW Moss has 1 year left on his contract. They might want to move him before he becomes a FA.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

ultravikingfan wrote:
    This would be the obligatory quarterly "Moss Back To Minny" thread.

We will continue to see Moss back to Minny threads three or four times a year until he retires. Then it will drop down to twice a year until he dies. Then it will only be brought up once a year...

I don't think that there is any desire by Moss, the MN coaching staff, or the ownership to bring Moss back to Minnesota. We have the winning team, the ticket sales, and merchandise sales as is. Moss wouldn't help that. I like Moss, and I think it is very unfortunate that he may not ever get a ring, but both he and the Vikings have moved on.

Even entertaining the thought is the NFL equivalent of drunk dialing the girlfriend you broke up with 5 years ago...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

I don't think Chilly would bring him in. Imagine Moss on the Eagles, or the Saints, or God forbid, the Colts.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

NodakPaul wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

We will continue to see Moss back to Minny threads three or four times a year until he retires. Then it will drop down to twice a year until he dies. Then it will only be brought up once a year...

I don't think that there is any desire by Moss, the MN coaching staff, or the ownership to bring Moss back to Minnesota. We have the winning team, the ticket sales, and merchandise sales as is. Moss wouldn't help that. I like Moss, and I think it is very unfortunate that he may not ever get a ring, but both he and the Vikings have moved on.

Even entertaining the thought is the NFL equivalent of drunk dialing the girlfriend you broke up with 5 years ago...
    Actually, that isn't my intent... I'm not sure I want Moss here and I wasn't upset when he was traded... I'm more curious as to what people think it would take for Chilly to accept him on the team... is pressure from 1 star enough, how about 3 stars? Would it take ownership? Given Childress' past with TO... what do you believe it would take for him to take a receiver with Randy's rep?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

BleedinPandG wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    ultravikingfan wrote:

Actually, that isn't my intent... I'm not sure I want Moss here and I wasn't upset when he was traded... I'm more curious as to what people think it would take for Chilly to accept him on the team... is pressure from 1 star enough, how about 3 stars? Would it take ownership? Given Childress' past with TO... what do you believe it would take for him to take a receiver with Randy's rep?
    I think Chilly, or any other head coach, would give there left nut to have Randy Moss.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

This is written as if we 'need' him.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

NodakPaul wrote:
    Wow... just wow... you read my mind. I couldn't have put it better.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast