Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moss #1

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Moss #1

"Bdubya" wrote:
    All I know is that ever since Moss said that he plays when he wants to play, everyone who doesnt like Moss is going to find an example of when he didnt "give 100%". I'm sure that if we went back and looked at a lot of NFL players, they wont be going all out on EVERY single play during the season. You may think that Moss doesnt try his best, but he has showed up and played in every game during his career, he hasnt sat out once. Not a lot of recievers can do that over six seasons.
    I challenege you to find one play when Favre took off
    3 Straight Division Champs

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Moss #1

lol... No QB has the option of taking a play off!! They are the back bone of the offense! I will not accept the challenge!!!

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Moss #1

Thats why I said "a lot of NFL players".
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Moss #1

If a qb takes a play off, he find himself getting sacked or picked very fast. Any player that touches the ball every play CANNOT take any plays off.

I really don't understand your point Los, if you think Moss played poorly that game or any other game against the Packers you need to re-evaluate your standards.

All I remember from Moss vs. Packers is catching 150 yds and a td in the first game (beating MacKenzie on back to back plays, having admittidly the wrong one called for offensive pass interference).

Oh and that long pass on 3rd and 1 against the Packers in the done where he simply outworked Sharper for the ball.

I guess we both have selective memories. Personally I'm good with moss taking half the plays of if he produces the way he did last year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Moss #1

"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I really don't understand your point Los, if you think Moss played poorly that game or any other game against the Packers you need to re-evaluate your standards.

All I remember from Moss vs. Packers is catching 150 yds and a td in the first game (beating MacKenzie on back to back plays, having admittidly the wrong one called for offensive pass interference).
    In the second game, which I referred to (in Minnesota), he had a quiet 6 catches for 87 yards, and one touchdown, which if I remember correctly, was a gimme at the end of the game.

I wasn't questioning Moss's usual standards against the Packers in the least. Someone made the comment that Moss being inconsistent was absolutely crazy, which I don't agree with. He did seem to give up in the second game, and there was a lot of discussions on this forum following that game about it. Feel free the check the archives and locate them.

And I guess if any player announced to the world that he takes plays off, has a "Randy Ratio" to keep him happy, and "only plays when Randy wants to play", he better get used to a microscope the rest of his life. I would say if Favre has to take drug addiction jokes for the rest of his career, its only fair.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Moss #1

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

In the second game, which I referred to (in Minnesota), he had a quiet 6 catches for 87 yards, and one touchdown, which if I remember correctly, was a gimme at the end of the game.

I wasn't questioning Moss's usual standards against the Packers in the least. Someone made the comment that Moss being inconsistent was absolutely crazy, which I don't agree with. He did seem to give up in the second game, and there was a lot of discussions on this forum following that game about it. Feel free the check the archives and locate them.

And I guess if any player announced to the world that he takes plays off, has a "Randy Ratio" to keep him happy, and "only plays when Randy wants to play", he better get used to a microscope the rest of his life. I would say if Favre has to take drug addiction jokes for the rest of his career, its only fair.
    No, the touchdown was on Third and Inches in the first quarter. I remember because I called it. Culpepper faked a handoff to Moe and bombed it - Moss simply beat McKenzie as usual and outjumped Sharper - as usual - and made the grab for a 43 yard strike.

"...Mike Sherman said that Darren Sharper didn't play in the first game [of the season] and that's why Moss had such a big game. 'Playing Randy Moss is like playing basketball. Darren Sharper is the guy we believe can rebound with him.' Well, I don't think so!" - Monday Night Football commentator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Moss #1

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    [

No, the touchdown was on Third and Inches in the first quarter. I remember because I called it. Culpepper faked a handoff to Moe and bombed it - Moss simply beat McKenzie as usual and outjumped Sharper - as usual - and made the grab for a 43 yard strike.
    My error. I stand corrected. I couldn't find a play-by-play breakdown of the game, so I went with what I thought I had remembered.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Moss #1

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    "Bdubya" wrote:
    All I know is that ever since Moss said that he plays when he wants to play, everyone who doesnt like Moss is going to find an example of when he didnt "give 100%". I'm sure that if we went back and looked at a lot of NFL players, they wont be going all out on EVERY single play during the season. You may think that Moss doesnt try his best, but he has showed up and played in every game during his career, he hasnt sat out once. Not a lot of recievers can do that over six seasons.
    I challenege you to find one play when Favre took off
    Ok that duck he threw up against the eagles in the playoff game where it led to an eagled field goal. i bet he was hoping that it wouldnt get picked off. For someone like farve, that was an unexcusable pass. You could tell he took that play off.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Moss #1

"he had a quiet 6 catches for 87 yards, and one touchdown"

Alright. Lets play this game.

Donald Driver had just one game that was better than Moss's game against the packers: 12/14 against San Diego, 112 yards and a TD.

Robert Ferguson did not have a better game than Moss's game against the pack. He did have a 2 TD game against the Chargers, but he only caught 2 passes for 56 yards.

Javon Walker, you're best WR last year had a whopping 2 games that were better than this one. A 93 yard, 1 TD performance in a loss to Detroit on Thanksgiving. And a 124 yard 2 TD game against Oakland.

--- Now before I go on. It looks like you guys would have done a lot better last year with a WR that could put up 87 yards and a TD on 6 catches when he is, according to you, slacking.

Moss, Had 9 games better than the one you mentioned. I won't list them all, but here are SOME of the mind boggling stats, in games that we lost, some way our of reach, when you, and others claim he is usually taking plays off:

St. Louis - 160 yards, 1 TD.

New York - 125 yards, 2 TDs.

San Deigo - 120 yards, 1 TD.

Chicago - 93 yards, 1 TD.

Being addicted to drugs, and saying "I play when I want to play" are 2 completely different things. 1 is life threatening, one means almost nothing, 1 can ruin families, one means almost nothing.

He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. The guy is the best WR in the game today, when his career is over he will be regarded as one of the best to play the GAME, ever. He is arguably the best player in the game today. He is, for the most part, a good kid, who has had to overcome a lot, and I mean a lot of obastacles is his life. It's hard to be millionaire when you're mom is working 3 jobs and you live in some run-down shack out in the middle of nowhere - I have a lot of respect for him, being able to keep focus and become the star he is today.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Moss #1

Vikeman, all due respect, I am not trying to stir things up (much).

But..

We were not talking about Driver or Ferguson or Walker. When it comes to talent, these guys are nowhere in Moss's league. I won't try and compare them if you don't.

And..

Moss has had some spectacular games. Astounding games. And several of them against the Packers.

The drug addiction thing I brought up as a comparison of how hard it is to live mistakes down in the NFL.

He doesn't deserve what kind of treatment? The whole point of this thread was that the pundits were saying Moss was the #1 receiver in the league. Someone suggested some other pundits place Harrison ahead of him because Moss may take some plays off.

He does.

I agree in part with you. He is the most talented player in the league. He has also grown a lot over the past couple of years. But he still is a punk who announced that he will only play when he wants to. And he took plays off when the Vikes started losing last year.

And yes, he has had a lot of obstacles to overcome in his life. That doesn't make him a hero. A hero is a person who grew up in the same circumstances but wasn't given incredible God-given abilities that allow him to be paid millions and millions of dollars. A hero is the kid who grew up under those conditions and manage make their ends meet and take care of their family based on hard work and love. There's a whole lot of people out there like that who don't get every moment of their life televised to the world.

As I said, I'm not trying to stir it up. Most of you know I'm not a fan of Moss. I'm not making bald-faced accusations or put-downs, like the ones I see of Favre quite often. I'm simply trying to say that Moss set himself up for criticism, and will be fighting it the rest of his career. And, he still takes plays off.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast